You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Any Player Evil or Horror Left?  (Read 5109 times)

Theley

• New to the Mists
Re: Any Player Evil or Horror Left?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »
True evil in my opinion is like Hannibal Lector.  Before he got caught he was a well respected doctor and member of society.  That's the sort of evil I like to play.  If I'm evil you'll never know it until I'm eating your liver with some farver beans or whatever they're called.

The setting and server we play on is the bad guy to me personally and my character doesn't have to make a huge impact and shake things up.  I'm just one person reacting and trying to survive in the nightmare land called Barovia.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:19:54 PM by Theley »

Theley - Red Vardoi wannabe
Thola Fezim - Follower of the Lawgiver
Thradril Gren - Lost Druid
Fram Minkentamer - Mink Hunter M.D.

Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »
ive never ever started any characters evil off the bat. i always allow my characters to lean toward good or evil depending on their story development. when i do play evil, im subtle about it in every way usually. with my Vampire MPC, a public appearance was a rare thing, i did that to maintain a nefarious reputation with my character, so when players finally did run into him, it was all the more terrifying and an event to look forward to. also you know, if your going to play "openly Evil" you cant hang out around the outskirts and expect people not to react to your characters actions. if you want to play a villian with a nefarious reputation, then that means avoiding the outskirts and player hubs.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
 If I'm evil you'll never know it until I'm eating your liver with some farver beans or whatever they're called.

Its fava beans. Also, do not forget the nice chianti. The chianti is very important.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Vissitude

• Dark Lord
  • "Ni ceart go cur le cheile"
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
Trust me, the Horror is still there.

In fact. There was a bit of horror in the Ladies just moments ago that will be leaving one bard with a new nightmare to contend with. LOL

"Maireann croi eadrom i bhfad"

Badelaire

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »
Background features into why any of my PC's are the alignment they are. It was always a reflection of that when I created one. For evil, you have to look into the psychology of it and just why exactly your character turns/turned tot he darkside. Rampant killing and baby eating just isn't reason enough.

Dobian

• Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
I have been getting the evil itch again, and my treacherous little halfling will  be resurfacing very soon.  :shifty:

Tabitha Dalenner, Faerun
Sentire Stefania Milea, Borca
Paulette Gérard, Dementlieu
Salina Pandora, Faerun
Louis Mingo, Souraigne

andrew_novak

• Outlander
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »
Giano is be mentioned in events that i am sure happened but for the life of him I  do not remember.

Nurlithion

• Undead Slayer
  • Player name: gfgfgfgfgf
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
We also have to keep in mind that an evil person isn't evil 24/7. They still have to eat, drink, sleep, buy and sell things, maybe they're alchemists or smiths or herbalists and have to gather ingredients for their craft and then practise it, etc; they won't ALWAYS be in 'evil mode'.

Also, not all evil people are master assassins, necromancers or brutal soldiers. Maybe someone could make a merchant char who would play just like any other merchant char, except that maybe he'd take the opportunity to take out a competitor if he knew he wouldn't get caught. Evil comes in all sizes and flavours.
Soren d'Deneith - Eberronian human two-bladed swashbuckler, headstrong but good-hearted and strong of arm.

Silverfox

• Undead Master
  • Goggles
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »
Drake, my Fighter/Rogue, is a Neutral Evil character who just made all the wrong choices and got the crappy end of the stick all the way through his youth.

Even so, he has a personality, he has thoughts, some limited morals, feelings. Evil doesn't mean you have to discard all character depth - Bad guys still have friends.

But on the subject, if you want to fall in line with his goals or make a character  that would have a predeliction to do so, and feel like part of some evil drive, you're more than welcome to help kickstart things =P
A most troublesome Fox.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »
Most evil people can be as normal seeming as you and me. They can have friends, they can enjoy a good time in a tavern with friends, They can be polite and coureous even. Evil is how you act when no ones looking or when the chips are down or when you really have to be and can live with the pangs of conscience afterwards. Its not something you wear like a t-shirt.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
We also have to keep in mind that an evil person isn't evil 24/7. They still have to eat, drink, sleep, buy and sell things, maybe they're alchemists or smiths or herbalists and have to gather ingredients for their craft and then practise it, etc; they won't ALWAYS be in 'evil mode'.

Also, not all evil people are master assassins, necromancers or brutal soldiers. Maybe someone could make a merchant char who would play just like any other merchant char, except that maybe he'd take the opportunity to take out a competitor if he knew he wouldn't get caught. Evil comes in all sizes and flavours.

dont talk about the vardo, or they'll catch you.:P
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »
  Weeeell... time for me to post in here... you all remember Elissa. The biggest mistake she made was to show she was evil. What happened after that is... well. Most of you know :). But watch out, she is still alive and kicking.  :devil:
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

Yes, I remain. 

One villain watched the demise of all his enemies and allies - the joy and pain of long lived elves.
One villain has festered into a nigh-unstoppable monster, who is a danger even to other monsters.
One villain tries to step lightly, gathering the strength to someday make his move.
One, truly believes he does the greatest good.

Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3rYOH8t3A[/youtube]

this is what this thread sorta reminds me of lol.