You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: In the Wake of The Shadow Dragon ( journal of Elissa Fryar )  (Read 5525 times)

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
Re: In the Wake of The Shadow Dragon ( journal of Elissa Fryar )
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »
  Ah, the old times. I met old Janos again and we decided to visit the ant nest. Was a fun adventure, like when we first met, but this time it ended quite well. Then he wanted to show me his house, in the Village. Was quite amusing to see him desperately looking for his house and never finding it. I guess old age takes its toll on the man, even if he still knows how to wield his fighting stick. I respect him but I am very sure there is more to this old man that meets the eyes. Despite this, he is among the few I really trust.

I had a chat with that grey robed woman, told her about the cracks on my face and how I got them. All I managed to get from her is an advice, which I will take and see if I can cure myself. A curse or not, it is worth a try, especially that I have nothing to lose whatsoever.
I wonder if this curse or, whatever it is, has anything to do with my other self, the one that visits me in my dreams, more often  to feel comfort. I feel her watching me, my every move, my every thoughts. Is this woman the one that existed before Alla's touch? Does she try to return? Better not, and even so, I will fight her. She will stand in my way and I will need to find a way to kill her. There is only one Elissa, and that is the one that writes now.
  Looking back at the past, I realize what I lost after passing through that accursed mist. I miss everything that Tharmis had to offer: the Great Rift with the Twin Falls, the amazing Inner Sea and the Silver City, Dracon and Hakka, always fighting for supremacy on the skies... and the dragons, large or small, good or evil. Is this the old Elissa or me? I care not, remembering feels good. And while remembering, I realized I never tried to find a way out of this place. I try to understand why I gave up... Yet I do not. Pity!
Elena Vasilovici - "Better die for something than live for naught"

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
  [seems that the next paragraph is written in haste]
  The gray woman was right. It was a curse. Thank you Shy'nar. It is hot in Har'akir. Very... I lost my companions in a temple. They may be alive... I just left after trying to get back in. The entrance was... impossible to open. Will wait for them... hopefully.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »
[written on the page randomly]

Nelithia... my wife...

Sister... looks like her, different colors, didn't see her face.

Confused!!!

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
  Fights... fights... fights. Last few days were fights. From ants to the desert, from reavers to the bandits in Port. This is all I do, except looking for a lousy job in Port. Hells, even handmaiden is good.
  Yet the actions that will follow will define me. Gods forgive me, I have reasons for what I will try to do.

Xietta can feel... I know it and I will make it happen. And she will guide me to the Shadow Dragon. She will show me the path I have trouble now seeing on my own. Even if I must sacrifice everything I have.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
[a short letter written in common is tucked between the pages of the journal]

"

My dearest Neli,

I decided to move back to Blaustein for the time being. I would love if you would join me whenever you can.
  You can probably find me fighting in the caves under the island. Also, I think I have grand news.

Your beloved Elissa.

"

[another letter can be found just few pages away]

"
  Mistress,

I have written the letter for Nelithia. Will send it as soon as possible then I will notify you. I am pretty sure the letter will be convincing, since I will send it sealed. I will tell you the name of the one that will carry the letter so you can intercept him or her. We better do this as believable as possible. Although I cannot guarantee Nelithia will bring her weird sister aswell, but I am pretty sure she will come.

Respectfully, Elissa.

PS: You can struck me down if you think that will make it more believable. Just make sure you bring me back afterwards. Dying is something I learned to hate.

"

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
[youtube=160,100]u7j1Vn2TgLY[/youtube]
[td]
I am ashamed. The last day was a total disaster. I ruthlessly trampled everything I have been learning in the last few weeks. I shown disrespect, I cheated, I schemed, yelled in anger.

Today I feel like an empty shell, devoid of everything. Friendships are hard to gain but they can be lost in an instant. I am so ashamed!

I should have learnt this lesson a long time ago. But to hell with all these, I still have a dragon to unleash.
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:46:29 AM by ManticoreRO »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 04:43:22 AM »
  I decided to lay down for a while. A week of doing nothing but watching the sunrises and sunsets of Blaustein was well worth it. I had time to think, and that is the most important thing. I also managed to finally animate a dead body. It took me some time but it was worthwile. The body is a terrible combatant, giving me the opportunity to adventure in more dangerous places than usual. Also, I learned another spell to strengthen the skin of anyone I cast it upon. The skin is like stone, and in fights this proved very useful.
  I will probably return to Port-a-Lucine soon. I need to  set my plans in motion.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »
  I'm returning to Barovia, Dvergeheim. I am prepared to dare the caves alone and get as close to that dragon as possible. If anything goes wrong, well... then that's that. I will stop on the way in few places, but won't linger. Will have to do this fast and silently.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
  where should I start? To hell, I will make a list:

- someone is organizing a rebellion with the calibans and someone big thinks I am doing it!
- Neli met Xietta and everything ended... all right!
- I met Scurvy and he is... extremely changed, and too calm!
- I killed two people for fun and brought them back just to prove how idiot I am!
- what else?
- aaah, yes, Father was ordered to kill me. Who could have ordered a vampire? Some other vampire? Why... because I gave an armor to a single caliban...

I think I'm losing my mind.
  Will sleep on it. Too much to think about.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
  [hand drawn maps of caves are kept between these pages, complete with notes, dangerous areas and all kind of scribbles]

To hells with Vallaki and the constant scheming there. Back to Port. Got a job and will rot there until people forget me.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
  Hah! The dwarfs and their need of peace and quiet... and independence. This is my army! My arguments can convince them to help me releasing HIM and using HIM against everyone else that stands in our way. "Arcane" is the keyword here. Why destroy them when I can use them as my own personal army?

Why didn't I think of this before?

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 12:34:56 AM »
  Everything is set up for the big expedition. All we need is my go on this but I won't give it until I will be sure of it. Rali will wait for me and my party at Dvergeheim, and from there we will descend first to the alhoons, and then towards the dragon. I cannot wait yet I cannot mess this up by hurrying. No. Careful planning is necessary, especially that all  my savings go into this venture.
  Will be curious what the dwarf's answer is as well.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »
  I should have thought of this. Nelithia was too stubborn not to succeed. As I looked upon her pale skin and her sharp fangs, I realized that everything is possible here, if one desires it enough. What should I do now? My wife is a vampire, I carry a child, my plans are on hold for so long and... I bloody have to pay for a door at the Governor Hotel. Yet I still have hope. My plans are in motion, the wheel will turn in time. And I need to tell Xietta everything. As soon as possible. Time to visit Vallaki once again.

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 05:57:21 AM »
  I struck down Nelithia. I had to, she forced me. Yet I could not finish the job properly. As I looked upon her body, and realized that her vampirism was nothing more than a hoax, I felt something that I have never felt in a long time. Pity! I carried her in my arms to Lizuca, I brought her back... yet she still lingered in her lie, one that I am sure she believes even herself. Her madness has reached the highest level possible and she is more dangerous than anything at this point. This will end. And it will end badly.
  I'm sorry Nelithia.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 10:34:25 PM »
*The last journal entry here seems to be a bunch of scribbles or drawings of unicorns with wings, griffons, and a smiley face with an arrow through it, the previous entries also have scattered drawings on them of bears, panthers, ebon tigers, and other odd assortments of creatures*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:40:36 PM by Ellana Twiggy »

ManticoreRO

• Dark Lord
  • Real Barovian
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »
OOC:
  Thanks everyone for the great ride, but as it seems, the lawful in her killed her. She just could't cope with Sudhri being dead because of her. Thus her story ends her and I thank you all for the great times.