Author Topic: Outlawing Ninjalooting - Completely  (Read 37222 times)

Tarmikos1

Re: Outlawing Ninjalooting - Completely
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2015, 03:39:55 PM »
I don't know much about ninja looting, I have two characters who can't ninja loot
but I know it is a important part of the servers underworld and the more roguey type of characters.

The point isn't about overcoming the dark powers as I see it, but just surviving in this world how ever
you can, which for the characters who do ninja loot that is exactly what they are doing.

Rp doesn't need a group of people, you can rp on your own. And I get irked
at times when I travel somewhere with a group and find the loot gone, but if it
was a ninja looter we can wait just twenty minutes and it will be fine.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
Then it is sad that the IC economy is the only thing keeping us from implementing true adjustment. Wasn't the purpose of this mod for players to "work together to overcome the Dark Powers" even theoretically.

Personally, I think loot is largely an OOC consideration. I tend to play characters that virtually never dungeon and care very little about "loot" in the first place, so I can't say this affects me much (I rarely buy things from merchants as well). To be perfectly honest, you will never be able to stop ninja looting, and I'd rather see the dev team work on something more important than waste their time trying to stop this.

EDIT: Actually, you COULD stop ninja looting easily: remove all the loot and the problem is solved! But I doubt anyone wants that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:42:33 PM by Serillian »

Olywynn

• Likes to say "Nyeh heh heh!"
  • Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2015, 03:40:39 PM »
All that lovely Red Vardo stock?  Ninja looted.  Without ninja looting, you won't have a Red Vardo, let alone any real place to acquire items via currency.

And when that happens, everyone will beg for it to return.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
I think this thread has long served its purpose, its getting rather hostile now with people that do not like what they cannot control, perhaps its time to lock it down?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »
There are many tweaks and adjustment that need to happen. This is not one of them. And if you support a democratic approach, then you should accept that your view is not always going to be the most popular or accepted one.

I have not come to my conclusion on Ninja Looting, by having a bad experience, and then deciding. I have actually examined the impact of it, and discussed the matter many times with people on both sides of the conflict. If you do not support ninja looters, and want them to stop. You should stop buying gear from merchants, about 90% of all loot sold by merchants is Ninja Looted.

My preffered way of gaining loot, or doing dungeons is groups. This does not mean I do not recognise the benefits of other approaches.

Ninja Looting is not unfair, it is not despicable, it is not "EVIL"

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »
Alright, I'm locking this for now.

Graizey, I suggest you take time to calm down. You are coming off as very aggressive in this topic and you are insulting other players.

Geiger

« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »
Hey folks I've locked this thread. It's an old thread and the topic actually received some attention from the dev team in the past, which resulted in our current system.

It's a dead horse. Burry it, move on, and more importantly...

Be excellent to one another.

edit:

eo posted before me, but still, be cool with one another. You live together in the same apartment.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »
Heretic pointed out this thread was celebrating its 3rd birthday, it was started 3 years ago to this day. So let's celebrate this thread with a piece of cake and lay it to rest. I recommend reading posts in the thread about ninja looting, every single thing has been covered already.