You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The dream of a butterfly: Benedict Lasahl  (Read 14544 times)

Badelaire

Re: The dream of a butterfly: Benedict Lasahl
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 09:38:17 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ATs8H0HLcCo[/youtube]

"If you weren't so calm and collected all the time, I'd have said you were a deranged sociopath but you have no illusions what you've done is considered evil in the eyes of most. As for your original query, hm. Maybe because you cling on so tightly, till you grip too hard, and you don't realize you're hurting whoever it is you're holding onto? Or perhaps it's because you're drawn to dangerous women. Or deep down, it's just because you're an emotional cripple who lives in extremes and to you sex and violence are one and the same thing. Am I close?."

"....yes. You can stop talking now. Dangerous women huh?"

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:47:33 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »

"In a few minutes I'm going to pull out some of your fingernails then let you think about it.
After that I'll take this knife and slash your eyeballs. Whatever else I do to you after that, I'll pour tsuika into your eyes from time to time to stop you passing out on me.
To put it bluntly: I will ask you a question one more time then I'm never asking it again.

Where are your employers?"

Badelaire

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
"You wish to learn my techniques? Why?"

"To grow stronger. To be something other than a victim or a witness."

"To understand the Fateful Claw, you have to understand what it means to walk the White Road. You have to give up everything it means to be a regular human and yet delve into that life now and then to remind yourself you too are still as flawed in being as the next person. There is no such thing as perfection, only constant improvement."

And so the student is taken to a mighty oak and told to bring it down with her bare hands.

Always aim at the vital organs! Always attack and viciously too! The head's a good place to go for, attack the throat! Claw at the eyeballs! Hit the weak spots. Smash the kidneys! Kick at the groin! Aim to cripple, to maim! Kill the son of a bitch with any means you can! You don't wield a weapon, you ARE a weapon now strike! Kill. Kill. KILL OR BE KILLED!

With all her anger and resentment the student smashes the oak to kindling, surprised and amazed she was able to do so herself. The blood seeping from her hands dark in the night's black.

"Good. If you can do that to a tree as old and wise as that imagine what those hands will do to a soft, yielding human body. Now tend your wounds and gather the wood for a fire, I'll cook you a bone broth that will make you forget your troubles."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:52:10 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »
"My name is Aran Mason. I'm still here. I'm still here. But this time, I'm not alone. Benedict Lasahl was someone conditioned, trained and sent to kill enemies of the church. Aran Mason was just a petty thief who does what he needs to survive. I used to say surviving is not living. But even surviving is better than the alternatives I've witnessed."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:32:41 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »
"You said your piece?"

"Yes."

"Feel better?"

"Much."

"You're all done now?"

"Yes."

"Promise now? End of matter? You can be so childish sometimes."

"Promise, 'terminus est' as they say in Darkon."

"You could have just killed her."

"Much more poetic this way. All those she sold out and betrayed. And now she's truly alone among the lions."

Badelaire

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »
"Tatiana was beheaded. Why didn't you go watch? You were so adamant about exposing what she had become and her betrayal of us."

"Because I want to remember her for what she was, not what she became. She deserved that much at least. That dancer in red from so long ago."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:26:02 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 12:34:22 AM »
Walking, wandering, I try to find solace in something. Anything.
The sun rising.
The crash of waves on the shore.
The scent of plums.
The babbling of a brook.
The bay of wolves at night.
The sound of lovers murmuring in the dark.
When you've been hunting men as long as this, everything else seems to fade slightly.
Dim in perspective.
I need to find something "normal" to do again, if only for another brief moment.

Badelaire

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »
Spoiler: show
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jw7uDuUmOII[/youtube]

A request, taken only for her sake. Like bloodhounds on the trail we sniff and probe, I've been doing plenty of background work to satisfy my own curiosity.

Black Pieter is the leader of the Circle Sinister that had extended conflict with Inari Delcroix, Lucadia Silverpaws and Anastascia Rotfurt. He seems to draw fear from those I thought above that concept from mere men and this reaction will increase my caution for what is evidently a clear trap to kill the Hunter who employed me. Only the truly amoral and ruthless keep a hold of their power and this Pieter has held it for a long time, making the Red Vardo and Clockwork Goose look like floundering babes in comparison in these streets.

The other, Andrei Palascu, is connected to both Boritsi and Disilnya. Prominent families in this Core. A man who made his wealth through clandestine deals and rumoured to be versed in the killing arts from which he charges an exorbitant fee. Maybe that's why I got asked myself. The cautious and observant seem to thrive well in these pockets of "civility" and those are the ones I would say my eyes watch most. The overt die quickly, bright flames burning for a fraction of the time.

I don't think this is about justice though, these intrigues are far beyond my understanding of politics here. In the end I really don't care for the reasons, I don't care for the lives involved beyond those of the side I'm allied to. All I know these days are two things in these tubulant times.

Outlive her.

Revel in my time.

T̞͕ͫ̽ͩ͛̒ͫ͆́h̵͆e̊̈́ͤ͋̾̚͏̗̣ ̬̣̊̽͌ͅh͇͙̪̩͍̜ͮ́̿̓ͪ̇ḙ͊ͫ̕a̵ͭ͑t̞͓̳̼̥ͧͥ̊͞ ̢͕͚̺̝̦̪̱͑̍ͤ̉̾̓ͮo̗̗̣̳͖̹̩ͪ̓f͚͉͙̞͢ ̡̫͍̂k̪͔̭̝i̹̘͚̕l͖̱̭̮̩̆̃̾l͉̬͈ͭ̅̾̌i͎͙̲̗̬̖̭ͭ̊̃ṅ͙͆͂̍͐g̞̺͚͖̈̅͑́ͅ ̡͎̫̻̥̊ͨo̟̭͗t̻̫͓ͥ̋͌ͅh̯̖̠̟̳̓̏̀ͨͤ̕e͖̺̠ͣͤ̒̒͒ͥ̽r̻̝͛ͣ̽ͮͧs̴͙̩̗ͧ̋ͧ̈́ͬ̀ ̜͈̼̞̠̭͊͑̒̓̋ͮͯl͎̮͖̘͌͂͗ͭ̌i̧̬̪̘̞͇̮̖̽͂̿k̮͖̠͈̮͕̠ͣ̈ͣě͙̙̍̐̓̉̄ ͔̹̳̖̝̫̘ͧm̖̥̦̥͎̜̪̓ͪ͗ͬ̑͊̀ȅ̹̻̪͕͔͜.̥̯̗̻ͥ̐͑̊̍̊̿
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:12:10 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 12:51:33 AM »
Well now. I won't even pretend to know what was going on behind all that, a mixed bag. I expected something entirely different. I assumed in my own mind that the outcome would be swimming in blood based on the reputations of the players. How disappointing. Are these the sort of people who think they can make hard choices? Soft, attached, weak. Whatever happened to the thrill of it all? Fighting for fighting's sake. Whatever happened to us? Slow deaths, one by one...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:58:09 AM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 02:27:49 AM »
I've made my decision now after much careful thought and deliberation.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O8mGkct3oys[/youtube]

The White Road beckons.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:16:14 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:14 PM »
I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:29:02 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
Generally speaking, the path of the White Road is the resolute acceptance of the inevitability of one's own death.

Badelaire

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 10:23:06 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixa_TizUuc&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

"You're an aberration Benedict. A blotch on the artist's canvass. A smear on the perfect stained glass of human-kind. You're the seed that spoils the cycle, the fruit that fails to fall from the tree and ripen."

"So be it. Time to die, hypocrite. Your dead idol Ezra is waiting for you I'm sure. Here's to the end of all things."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:11:37 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tWYCS6k1IOA[/youtube]

"And you shall shed tears of scarlet."[/center]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:11:27 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 10:39:57 PM »
"You're a murderer Benedict, what is it you want?"

"I want you to stop me."

Badelaire

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ktIzXU4N0Gk[/youtube]

If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:13:01 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 12:20:19 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJrUVmnlos&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

"I thought you might come and find me one day."

"You were embarrassingly easy to locate. Your vices leave a trail the simplest of morons could track.

"You're angry, it's understandable. I know I did you a great many wrongs but do you think killing me will make things right?"

"This isn't about right or wrong anymore. Only making things fair."

"I don't understand."

"I'm not going to kill you. But I'm certainly going to make the rest of your pitiful life an arduous task to bear."

"There's something fundamentally wrong with you, Benedict."

"I know, I'm sorry. Prepare yourself, this will hurt a great deal."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:10:54 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »
"Take me into your heart, accept me as your Savior, nail me to the cross and let me be reborn."

"Back to where it all began. Back to where our bonds were made under the scourge."

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:07:31 PM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WShknpNpHbY[/youtube]

"Those who can't or won't kill will always be subject to those who can and will. The price that taking life costs is an easy one to pay, the soul certainly isn't as lasting as you might think. There are far worse things in this world than death."