You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: FAQ section outdated, subrace craft bonuses obsolete  (Read 1567 times)

primaloath

• New to the Mists
FAQ section outdated, subrace craft bonuses obsolete
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Hi. I noticed that the website's FAQ page is quite outdated. I include some of the outdated information below:

Are firearms available?

We have no firearms in the module at this time but that could possibly change with an expansion to Krezk.
I am fairly sure firearms are sold in Dementlieu.

What domains from the Ravenloft setting are on the server?

The server is set entirely in Barovia. At this time, our module encompasses the area between the Village of Barovia and Vallaki, along with several areas to the north and south of these, including Castle Ravenloft, some of Lake Zarovich, the foothills and mountain areas of Mt. Baratak, and assorted farmlands and wilderness areas.  We are currently working on an expansion that will include all of Lake Zarovich along with some increased underground and interior areas.  One of our developers even has an expansion in the works involving part of Bluetspur. Long-term plans involve expansion westwards toward the city of Krezk.

How many population centers (towns and cities) which are non-hostile are there?

There are two towns: Vallaki and the Village of Barovia. There are plans to build westward to the Barovian city of Krezk in the future.

Hazlan, Har-Akir, Dementlieu and Blaustein are available. Krezk has already been built (although it was, regretfully, flooded last I checked).

Coming soon:

Half-Vistani: This is a race that is exclusive to Ravenloft. All half-Vistani must be native, as the Vistani do not exist on other worlds.

Can I make a half-Vistani?

Plans for the subrace are currently in the works. If you wish to play one for rp purposes until then, you are free to do so but if your half-Vistani comes from within the areas of the module, please read the answer to the previous question.

One can already play a half-vistani.

Also, I noticed that one of the Vistani tribes (I can't remember which) provides bonuses for craft weapon and/or craft armour, but I can't remember which. I understand these skills are unused on the server.
Active characters:
Dumitru Cazan
little Gyor
Lucien Dumarchand
Pampadilampu Lalili the Harlequin

Stored characters:
Ronan Pattian
Fane Fulgeru-de-Haur: "Talent? Who needs talent?"
Maria Benga

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Re: FAQ section outdated, subrace craft bonuses obsolete
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
it shows the server has come a long way HOORAAY
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
Interesting. Btw I am a website designer, so if the devs want someone to work on the website for free, I am willing to do so.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  :)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
Yeah, us old geezers aren't always good at looking around at anything, but the forums we find interesting

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 05:13:17 AM »
The FAQ section is on purpose not linked to anymore from the front page, but google still has it show up. We could use a new FAQ but the static format takes a bit too much time managing. I'd prefer if we did some forum FAQ perhaps.

primaloath

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »
If you're not planning on updating it, it might help to simply remove that page completely, since people can still access it and therefore be confused by it.
Active characters:
Dumitru Cazan
little Gyor
Lucien Dumarchand
Pampadilampu Lalili the Harlequin

Stored characters:
Ronan Pattian
Fane Fulgeru-de-Haur: "Talent? Who needs talent?"
Maria Benga

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
The FAQ section is on purpose not linked to anymore from the front page, but google still has it show up. We could use a new FAQ but the static format takes a bit too much time managing. I'd prefer if we did some forum FAQ perhaps.

forum is pretty chaotic to be honest its only very clear after awhile, if you are new its a maze of information here and there.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
I've made a new FAQ topic. I'll have the old FAQ page redirect to there.