Author Topic: General Suggestions Thread  (Read 2151 times)

Romar Notten

General Suggestions Thread
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »
A list of general suggestions, I know some may not be possible. I plan to list other suggestions as I have them.

1. Vallaki Guards (Faction Item) - Would make the target have walk on, could work similar to that of shackles or give daze effect. (Ball and Chain)
2. Monster PC's  (Area Voice) - Having a command that works similar to @voice but instead would toss it in another area, example (Outskirts to Morninglord Temple)
3. Monster PC's  (Spawnable) - A ability in which could spawn a corpse, bones, shards of flesh in there inventory as a example.. (Less possible work load for DMs)
4. Enchant Item (Arrow) - Being able to spend experiance for enchanting to make a single arrow with minor bonuses thats a infinite arrow. (Arrow of Returning maybe?)
5. New Creation (Characters) - Having the option on the mirror to change your phenotype, the standard two forms, fat and slim.
6. New Creation (Other) - Having a mirror only usable by mpc and certain sub-races to adjust various things, heads, tails, wings etc.. (Appearance Only)
7. Campfires       (Random) - Having certain items in your invetory changing the type of campfire you make on the ground.
8. Area Trans     (Transitions) - Having a transition placed at each known location where people get stuck, to get unstuck (Less possible work load for DMs)

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: General Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
Another few suggestions regarding dye that will lessen the DM workload and promote playability, with no negative consequence whatsoever.

1. Exchanging the dye buying options at Tailors in towns like Vallaki, the town of Barovia, etc. for the same mechanic as the Misty being in the New Character Area uses.
Saves people from requesting a DM for certain dye's or having to unrealistically travel to Dementlieu and back OoCly just to grab a dye?
2. Adding the chrome cloth and leather dye to the Misty Being at the New Character Area (and possibly other vendors as well? So we can make use of those awesome short cloaks more and ripped cloak visuals.)

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:31:09 AM »
There are bounty quests, delivery quests. How about hunting/recources quests?. Some leatherworker wants 10 deerskins. Or a city supplyer wamts 50 food rations to supply the guards, or for a feast in the city. Woodworker needs wood, and so on for all the recources.

Sounds like a nice idea for those chars that Delivery doesn't fit their profile :)

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes

Merrien

• Undead Slayer
  • "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." -W.S.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
I have to agree on Feronius' dye suggestion. 

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »
There are bounty quests, delivery quests. How about hunting/recources quests?. Some leatherworker wants 10 deerskins. Or a city supplyer wamts 50 food rations to supply the guards, or for a feast in the city. Woodworker needs wood, and so on for all the recources.

The cargomaster in Vallaki actual does offer such jobs - look under the "supplies" option.

1. Exchanging the dye buying options at Tailors in towns like Vallaki, the town of Barovia, etc. for the same mechanic as the Misty being in the New Character Area uses.
Saves people from requesting a DM for certain dye's or having to unrealistically travel to Dementlieu and back OoCly just to grab a dye?

Hmm, I understand the reason to desire this, but I don't see anything OOC about having to go to Dementilieu for proper dyes?

2. Adding the chrome cloth and leather dye to the Misty Being at the New Character Area (and possibly other vendors as well? So we can make use of those awesome short cloaks more and ripped cloak visuals.)

The reason we don't have these dyes available is due to the potential abuse (the "chrome" is actually a null-color that will in most cases create OOC-looking effects.) I might be able to make a workaround though - I've noted it down :)

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »

Hmm, I understand the reason to desire this, but I don't see anything OOC about having to go to Dementilieu for proper dyes?

Well, I'll attempt to clarify with an example I often bump into. The "Taupe" dye.
Taupe is a greyish kind of white, perfect to give a poor Gundarakite or Barovian's white shirt a bit of a "Slums look"?

The only place this dye is available is the starting zone or Dementlieu, I believe. And not many locals would have an IC reason to visit Dementlieu.. and to just "RP it out" would be odd as well, why'd you spend 100's of fang to travel to Dementlieu to grab a dye for your clothing that resembles.. the colour of dirtied white cloth? Right now I usually end up bugging a DM for the dye, because my native chars don't tend to be a high level that can afford (or survive) the trip anyhow.

(And I -think- that other player might be refering to the supplying of raw materials? Not crafted items. I'm not sure.. )

Romar Notten

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
A list of general suggestions, I know some may not be possible. I plan to list other suggestions as I have them.

1. Vallaki Guards (Faction Item) - Would make the target have walk on, could work similar to that of shackles or give daze effect. (Ball and Chain)
2. Monster PC's  (Area Voice) - Having a command that works similar to @voice but instead would toss it in another area, example (Outskirts to Morninglord Temple)
3. Monster PC's  (Spawnable) - A ability in which could spawn a corpse, bones, shards of flesh in there inventory as a example.. (Less possible work load for DMs)
4. Enchant Item (Arrow) - Being able to spend experiance for enchanting to make a single arrow with minor bonuses thats a infinite arrow. (Arrow of Returning maybe?)
5. New Creation (Characters) - Having the option on the mirror to change your phenotype, the standard two forms, fat and slim.
6. New Creation (Other) - Having a mirror only usable by mpc and certain sub-races to adjust various things, heads, tails, wings etc.. (Appearance Only)
7. Campfires       (Random) - Having certain items in your invetory changing the type of campfire you make on the ground.
8. Area Trans     (Transitions) - Having a transition placed at each known location where people get stuck, to get unstuck (Less possible work load for DMs)

9.   Bounty Board (City Guards) - Having a seperate bounty board around cities that can be modified with a faction tool to list players that would have bounties.
10. Food Rations  (Other) - Depending on the type of meat you cook depends on the name of food you get, can be various besides the standard name.
11. Reactions (NPCs) - Having certain npc's have a reaction with possible emotes, words or what have you, with certain words from players being the trigger.

Edit:

12: Duel-Wield (Whips) - Being able to duel-wield whips would nice.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:34:09 PM by InfiniteCascade »

Romar Notten

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 11:00:36 PM »

2. Monster PC's  (Area Voice) - Having a command that works similar to @voice but instead would toss it in another area, example (Outskirts to Morninglord Temple)
3. Monster PC's  (Spawnable) - A ability in which could spawn a corpse, bones, shards of flesh in there inventory as a example.. (Less possible work load for DMs)
7. Campfires       (Random) - Having certain items in your invetory changing the type of campfire you make on the ground.
8. Area Trans     (Transitions) - Having a transition placed at each known location where people get stuck, to get unstuck (Less possible work load for DMs)

9.   Bounty Board (City Guards) - Having a seperate bounty board around cities that can be modified with a faction tool to list players that would have bounties.
10. Food Rations  (Other) - Depending on the type of meat you cook depends on the name of food you get, can be various besides the standard name.
11. Reactions (NPCs) - Having certain npc's have a reaction with possible emotes, words or what have you, with certain words from players being the trigger.

Edit:

12: Duel-Wield (Whips) - Being able to duel-wield whips would nice.

13: Crafting (Blacksmith) - Make the black smithing hammer useable from inventory without having to equip it.

Badelaire

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 12:09:01 AM »
I agree that perhaps the smith hammer could be made as a tool like the other craft tooling rather than a "weapon". Talking with the above, it makes no sense why some PC's wouldn't be able to craft. Considering the way DnD and NWN portrays monks akin to Yamabusi and Shao-lin, you'd think martial sects would learn to maintain and build weapons.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:13:59 AM by Badelaire »

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
or make the hammer actually a dagger that looks like hammer. It would fit under simple weapon that everyone can wield.

Besides, blacksmithing is more than making weapons and armor. Just about anything that was made from metal in the old days need a smith to forge it. Horseshoes, nails, cages, grappling hooks, dead bolts, door hinges, coins, ect..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:41:47 AM by EberronBruce »

Ingwulf

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »
Forks, knives, brooches to hold onto cloaks... :)

Ingwulf Son of Bulwig
Daft The good soul
Vindur- natures explorer
Joric - Merc with no wishes