Author Topic: Subrace relevels  (Read 1690 times)

Emomina

• Dark Power
Subrace relevels
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
I hate to have to breach this subject, but the recent subrace ability score is super awesome, thank you for that change so much.

There is one tiny matter that should probably be brought up though.  Subraces that lose -2 to hard STR, DEX or INT (and there are many such subraces) are going to have feats on their character sheet that they should not have qualified for and opposedly they might very well have not qualified for feats as they had leveled up that they should have done. I really think its a very good idea to do an auto relevel script for the subraces affected by this change. Otherwise there is quite big balance difference subraces created prior to the ability score change and those that were created post change. Thought I should bring this up. Not to mention characters that would gain or lose skill points from INT changes (that are not retroactive btw) so it would correct skill point totals too.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
Re: Subrace relevels
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
I hate to have to breach this subject, but the recent subrace ability score is super awesome, thank you for that change so much.

There is one tiny matter that should probably be brought up though.  Subraces that lose -2 to hard STR, DEX or INT (and there are many such subraces) are going to have feats on their character sheet that they should not have qualified for and opposedly they might very well have not qualified for feats as they had leveled up that they should have done. I really think its a very good idea to do an auto relevel script for the subraces affected by this change. Otherwise there is quite big balance difference subraces created prior to the ability score change and those that were created post change. Thought I should bring this up. Not to mention characters that would gain or lose skill points from INT changes (that are not retroactive btw) so it would correct skill point totals too.

(Mayvind) :flame: :onfire: (Emomina)

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »
Good catch :)

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
Necro-bump. Did this ever get addressed? I did some counting recently on my drow and appear to be down some skillpoints (or was too tired to math right).
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft