Author Topic: Rude barovians  (Read 1486 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Rude barovians
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »
My barovian character receives the same messages as an outlander from local NPCs.

NPC patrons in the Broken Bells upon initiating a conversation practically telling him to get out, as he is not welcome there. He has 9 charisma, not so terrible OCR, but he is not better treated than the worst outlander scum.

Guards give him the very same *suspicious look*, *grunts* ,  *I'm watching you* messages.

His faction is Commoners, so doubt it is a faction problem.

Would be nice, if the native NPCs would not be so rude to their fellow countrymen.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: Rude barovians
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »
uhm... if they dont know you, they are suspicious of you. Its the basic Barovian mindset

dark_majico

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
My barovian character receives the same messages as an outlander from local NPCs.

NPC patrons in the Broken Bells upon initiating a conversation practically telling him to get out, as he is not welcome there. He has 9 charisma, not so terrible OCR, but he is not better treated than the worst outlander scum.

Guards give him the very same *suspicious look*, *grunts* ,  *I'm watching you* messages.

His faction is Commoners, so doubt it is a faction problem.

Would be nice, if the native NPCs would not be so rude to their fellow countrymen.

I had been meaning to post something about this. There is a difference between a 'conversation' and generic speech. Generic speech is what a guard gives you if you click on him, and no conversation window appears, you just get text floating above him. This is going to be generic no matter who clicks on him, the only thing you can do is alter propper conversations, because you get to add in if then functions that determine what the npc's conversation path takes and what choices you get to reply with. Im going to make a suggestion that faction PC's get a different conversation in native realms, general feedback isn't really the place for it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:13:33 AM by dark_majico »

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »
uhm... if they dont know you, they are suspicious of you. Its the basic Barovian mindset

But wouldn't the amount of outlanders make the Barovians tighter together?  :)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:20 PM »

But wouldn't the amount of outlanders make the Barovians tighter together?  :)
Not really, no.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002