Author Topic: A proposal on removing Lizuca  (Read 31744 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: A proposal on removing Lizuca
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 02:58:17 AM »
I like the idea of Liz being removed on occaision as part of DM events to make a point or tell a story.

I have to concede that removing her entirely makes it very rough -- and yeah, it's already tough enough being Caliban.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:57 AM »
Removing Lizuca is only realistic if the difficulty of the starting areas is seriously tuned down a bit.
Else those new players, low levels sorcerer and rogues or calibans will pretty much be doomed.

The changes I would like to see in regards to this and propose, are to simply tie a small church donation to the healing.
Not more than ten gold pieces perhaps, since she is still primarily used by the lowest of players, but still something to make you reconsider constantly running up to her non-stop.

What I also wouldn't mind seeing, is familiars costing 50 gold per level instead of 100 to raise.
I love how you have to treat them more like traveling companions now, but the costs are a bit steep.. I simply end up not using my familiar, ever, when it risks dying. (So yes, I haven't used him in combat more than once yet.)

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 06:25:24 AM »
Maybe she could go "home" by night times?

Maric Arnand

• Undead Slayer
  • The Gnome Master
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
I agree limit her perhaps, but removing her will only lead to no one ever making a new PC, at low levels you can die constantly.Even going rat hunting can be deadly and if you are unlucky enough to run into a wolf at level 2 or 3 while minking you will die. with now Liz you would need to find a cleric on-line that can cast raise dead, has the diamonds to do so, and the inclination to do the raise, if you cant then your dead till you either respawn or have your corpse dragged to the Village.

Removing her will only lead to making a server that is all ready harsh to low levels even harder

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 06:39:17 AM »
I agree limit her perhaps, but removing her will only lead to no one ever making a new PC, at low levels you can die constantly.Even going rat hunting can be deadly and if you are unlucky enough to run into a wolf at level 2 or 3 while minking you will die. with now Liz you would need to find a cleric on-line that can cast raise dead, has the diamonds to do so, and the inclination to do the raise, if you cant then your dead till you either respawn or have your corpse dragged to the Village.

Removing her will only lead to making a server that is all ready harsh to low levels even harder

Or players simply need to team up. A lot of running into crypt, back out again, to get healed and have the skeletons beaten up by the Lightbearers :)

Maric Arnand

• Undead Slayer
  • The Gnome Master
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »
Even in groups people die, on the last run we had in the crypts 5 PC's died out of a group of 9 or so most were level 4 or so the level range most deaths happen at. All it took was one Heucuva high priest, a Skeletal knight an zombie lord and 2 morghs.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:28 AM »
Try running into a small group of boars at the forest with 3 level 4's. Dead within two seconds, all of us.

dark_majico

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »
I think Luzicas healing is what makes the outskirts such a popular player hub. I would be entirely in favour of her healing being removed and just keep her present for Raise Dead and Resurrections. It would be better in my opinion to encourage people to use the city as a hub rather than the outskirts.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Move liz from the outskirts, create a priest in the drain for the outlaws to use. that way you move the hub to both areas. the drain will house the shadey and the city the not so shady.

• Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »
People would just then rent a room at the Ladies and do full heals instead of partial healing. In order for this to stop you would have to stop making rooms do full healing and get rid of liz. Personally I don't think that is what you wish to do.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
Move liz from the outskirts, create a priest in the drain for the outlaws to use. that way you move the hub to both areas. the drain will house the shadey and the city the not so shady.

again, tried to make it to the drain last night with a newer caliban, the tunnels outside the drain were filled with wererats.  I died almost instantly with no chance of reaching safety and healing.  For what your suggesting to be fair....

you would need to put Liz in the middle of the crypts and make players run past all the nasty undead to reach her for healing.

Sage - When stories come to life

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »

again, tried to make it to the drain last night with a newer caliban, the tunnels outside the drain were filled with wererats.  I died almost instantly with no chance of reaching safety and healing.  For what your suggesting to be fair....

you would need to put Liz in the middle of the crypts and make players run past all the nasty undead to reach her for healing.

..or simply make the drain not so retardedly hard to reach for lower level players. Even my level 6 or 7 barbarian still had a tough time sometimes wading through those sewers on his own.. and he hits like a brick.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:41 PM »
uh the ratter or that doc guy  or something at the couldron heals.

well removing her healing  is an option   she hands out potions but if that happends the  knuckle count should be lowered from 5 to 3 or so to compensate a little.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »

I know he heales but i was refering to raises.

dark_majico

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »

well removing her healing  is an option   she hands out potions but if that happends the  knuckle count should be lowered from 5 to 3 or so to compensate a little.

That seems like spoon feeding to me. The challange of making it into the city before night fall or having to rent a room in the ladys rest is not exactly a huge kick in the nuts. I know Luzica has a timer on heals allready but it dosen't really do enough to stop farming behavior.

Blackthorn51

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
I say remove Lizuca or make her stop raising people...

But then make it so that Father Ilie will raise people again.

This way people have to travel farther to get raised so its still possible, but not as convenient.

-----

Second idea...  Make Lizuca only raise dead in the Night Time hours and only heal during the daytime hours?

Geiger

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
Better idea: Make her only healing be those potions so you have to earn them. Have Illie be the only person who does raises, and have the physician, Yusuf Hakim be the only guy who does Mad Doc style healing - that way there is an actual balance is acheived. It causes people to search around and the city gets used. Derp derp derp.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »
Better idea: Make her only healing be those potions so you have to earn them. Have Illie be the only person who does raises, and have the physician, Yusuf Hakim be the only guy who does Mad Doc style healing - that way there is an actual balance is acheived. It causes people to search around and the city gets used. Derp derp derp.

I actually really like this sound plan. Although I vote for Lizuca keeping her ressurection abilities, since lower level outcasts would rely on it.

The only catch is, as already mentioned before, the fact outcasts will be royally screwed without her healing if they're not at the level to survive the sewers yet.
They can't walk the city during the day and during the night you'd still have to face the rather tough sewers to even get to either the drain or the district with the physician.

I think outcasts can do without healing in the outskirts, even if it might be tough.. but food and rest get you very far. But the ressurection option in the outskirts is a neccesity.

Geiger

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
I think the sewers should be made easier in the area for the "outcasts". At night you guys could still get raises from Illie. (But I still think monsterous looking Caliban shouldn't go anywhere near the temples.) But better is if Mad Doc, used mad Science, like a primitive battery to "jolt" people to life. I don't know why he wouldn't be able to in a world of magic and wizards and nonsense.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
Maybe she could go "home" by night times?

i like the idea of her going to the shrine in the city at night :)

plus with so many going there it opens opportunities for more conflict and rp opportunities
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »
I think the sewers should be made easier in the area for the "outcasts". At night you guys could still get raises from Illie. (But I still think monsterous looking Caliban shouldn't go anywhere near the temples.) But better is if Mad Doc, used mad Science, like a primitive battery to "jolt" people to life. I don't know why he wouldn't be able to in a world of magic and wizards and nonsense.

there is stillthe problem with high spawns by night in the slums killing any caliban raised before they can make it back to safety. 

Perhaps if Mad Doc could perform some essential transplants... he could put in a new heart, and some new parts and then zap-regen you to life.  More in line with Frankenstein, perhaps require a baby as payment instead of diamonds to fuel the belief that caliban eat babies...

there are better possibilities, right now the temple in the outskirts is hallowed ground, its clergy stand vigilant over the catacombs to keep the legion at bay, it makes zero sense to abandon it anytime it is not necessary.  It does not mean they cannot run shifts throughout the day/night, perhaps Liz would arrive at dawn each day and perform raises/healing, and a less powerful priest arrive before night to tend the wounded but without the ability to raise.  Forcing people to have greater fear of the night hours.  Removing healing all together won't do much since as mentioned a room is cheap enough to buy and heal in.  I seriously doubt the Barovians would want to shift the bulk of the Outlander presence inside their gates anyway.

Sage - When stories come to life

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
what i ment with the no healing was this.

atm tonics are 5 knuckles a pop. lower that to 3.
the spawn stays the same below the temple so people will still farm it and it would still not be made to easy to get those tonics.
lowering it to 3 is simply so for the lower levels and especially new faces.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
Again and again avoiding the problem will not solve it, if you believe that the attitude of how people take things IC is wrong then the people is the problem not lizuca not the items not the spell system.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:32:25 PM by Aduial »

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »
Again and again avoiding the problem will not solve it, if you believe that the attitude of how people take things IC is wrong then the people is the problem not lizuca not the items not the spell system.

Pretty much, you can keep changing mechanics by making them harsher and harsher but unless the mindset of people changes all you've done is punish those who were not abusing lizuca and any new players who were brought to this server due to New Character Event advertising.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
Exactly.