You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Locked up in rooms  (Read 1804 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Locked up in rooms
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
It happens when people after logging out in certain rented rooms, but not owning a key, got trapped there eventually.
Lady's room is an exception where the door opens on the exit without having a key.

But Midway and the Governor hotel rooms are better prisons than the citadel, lol.
Is it possible to make these room locks pickable perhaps to offer a chance to leave? If someone is trapped in the Governor hotel, he cant leave without DM intervention, because no player can get a key to an already rented room (they are rented for RL days or weeks)

Thanks.

((And I am currently locked up in Midway [cries] ))

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Merrien

• Undead Slayer
  • "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." -W.S.
Re: Locked up in rooms
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »
I second this request.  Some prevert [sic] kept locking Wyn in the Gov rooms! 

Well, it had more to do with my character not owning the room, but it'd be nice to be able to exit at least. 

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
A quick fix is to go to your rest menu and select the OOC lounge teleport option then port back in when locked in a room. This will (hopefully) unlock the door for you to be able to leave. I have no idea if that works for certain rooms though like the ones mentioned though.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:23:31 PM by Badelaire »

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
A quick fix is to go to your rest menu and select the OOC lounge teleport option then port back in when locked in a room. This will (hopefully) unlock the door for you to be able to leave. I have no idea if that works for certain rooms though like the ones mentioned though.

It does not in fact work for the rooms in the Midway Haven!

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
Some of the rooms in Midway have been broken since forever. and there is no way to get out without another PC, or a DM

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
Some of the rooms in Midway have been broken since forever. and there is no way to get out without another PC, or a DM

Yeah.

Also the Governor Hotel is even more tricky if you can't get ahold of a DM. You are trapped there forever until the room owner comes around.

Badelaire

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
Well you know the answer to that then. Less cybers, more plotting (joking).  :_Nod__by_Xrodias: I hae noticed places like Midway often prematurely take the key off you and slam the door in your face when you approach the threshold.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
Carry a Maul, most doors can be broken down, or use magical attack if you have it, against some doors it actually works.
(I was once locked inside the abandoned in, it was open i logged off, and logged back to be locked inside. I broke it down with the maul i found before the inn.:D)
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »
Another thing that usually works:

Teleport to the OOC Lounge (from your rest menu; you're in a safe area) then teleport back. This will usually unlock the door.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »

like what badalaire posted earlier :P

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
This should be fixed in my next update.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »
YAY!! :cheer: