Author Topic: Barovia - Wachter Province  (Read 15729 times)

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
Re: Wachter Province
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
An outlander paid a visit to the Province, entering its gates in the middle of the night. Under the watchful eyes of the local guards, he has been seen going into the smithy in where he spent a significant amount of time.
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

FullMoon

• Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
Some may have noticed that Tatyana, the local beauty turned squire to Sir Tarlin of the Lily Knights, led some retainers to the bridge and conducted a meeting with a representative of Lord Wachter. It is said Sir Tarlin was sent for and long talks were held in a tent before a tour of the lands began.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
[Word spreads of several odd occurrences having took place during the most recent market day held at the base of the hill in the shadow of the Wachter Estate.  Oleg Wachter, the son of Lord Ivan Wachter, apparently decided to put on a rather disturbing puppet show, before being dragged back to the estate by the Olzanik girl rumored to be Ivan's current mistress. Lord Ivan Wachter himself left the estate with a small retinue of guards, chewing out the current Chamberlain of the estate in Balok.]

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »
After her chewing out the Chamberlain reportedly fled back to the estate, apparently abandoning the market in which she usually plays an important role.

DM Stygian Witch

• Read books, not tablets!
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • I love Vecna more than the Morninglord!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
The whole of the province celebrates the fiftieth birthday of its benevolent Lord and Protector Ivan Wachter. A successful season and a bountiful harvest ensures that many families within the province will be well prepared for the coming winter. The end of harvest season festival is marked with feasting, folktale story telling and traditional Barovian dancing and music. It is often heard that "Life is blessed west of the Luna Bridge".
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

xXCrystal_Rose

• Outlander
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
In the hours before dawn a blood-splattered Outlander emerges from a rumored to be cursed section of the forest heading to the Estate as dawn rises. She pays handsomely for a courier to deliver a sealed letter addressed to Gavril Valentin before returning into the evil woodland region and vanishing from Wachter land.

Spoiler:  GAVRIL VALENTIN • show

[center]GAVRIL VALENTIN

[left]The weapons have been bestowed upon them in mass quantities, qualities, and diversity. Two insurances are arranged to take any blame from investigations, one of which I can execute if need be to silence the trail forever. They have been inspired and are distributing the food and weapons within their slums to form a rebel militia. No evidence yet hints to outside influence. Vallaki is trying to recruit more but is thus far ignoring the growing faceless rebels in their midst. Such a glorious slaughter is brewing and I wonder which side will triumph.

[/left][/center]

[center][/center]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:46:06 AM by xXCrystal_Rose »

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »
Rumors begin spreading all through the Wachter Province that the Estate of Lord Ivan Wachter is seeking to hire a new staff. Posters have gone up all over.

Olywynn

• Likes to say "Nyeh heh heh!"
  • Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
Rumors begin spreading all through the Wachter Province that the Estate of Lord Ivan Wachter is seeking to hire a new staff. Posters have gone up all over.

A mountain of a Gundarakite has arrived at the Old Anchor, normally seen drinking, eating goat ribs, and fish stew.  He makes it no secret he's looking for employment.

Xarnata_Mobile

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Just east of the fishing lodge under recently bloodied soil a shape is engraved in a stone, a u with an extended tail //in game alt + 21478//

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 03:13:24 AM »
[Hand written copies hung in the Province, Nailed to the gates of the outposts]
"To whom it may concern,

I Bianca Cardei, as a previous woman of the law, as an ex-corporal of the Vallaki Garda and ex-recruit after that do condemn Vallaki's Garda for the following reasons:

The first reason I have left the Vallaki Garda is due to their consorting with witches.  This is the most important of the Vallaki Garda Rules, we do not promote or consort with magic doers.  And by consorting, I mean sleeping in the same bed with them, associating with them and making dark deals with them.  Pacts.  I first witnessed this from Private Bogdan Antonescu. I also have seen this behavior from Private Allexandru Dimitri.  He goes out at night, near the well speaking to a known witch I call the 'Red Witch'.  When I reported these actions to Lance Corporal Florica Sima, she seemed to either not believe me or not to care.  I also reported them to Lance Corporal Vincent Zolokorov and he as well said he was going to report it up our chain of command but didn't.  Furthermore, the same Red Witch gave me a parchment to deliver to Bogdan.  I was curious as to why a 'witch' was giving me something to give to Bogdan.  So I looked inside and there in blue ink was writing that spoke of deep thoughts to Bogdan.  Telling him to come to the Port of Lucine 'once again'...and to meet her there and discuss things.  I reported my suspicions to Lance Corporal Zolokorov and we commenced a full body search of Private Antonescu.  He had many many letters on them.  Some with the same blue ink and others with a very different hand writing.  Most of it looked suspicious and there was one or two that gave specific names such as 'Milicent'.  An outlaw.  I told Vincent this and then Florica Sima came into the jails where Bogdan was being held and she demanded what was going on with her Private.  I explained to her that he was deep in with the witches.  And she seemed to ignore me and tell me to go.  She gave him all his effects back and released him halting the investigation. Since I have been back, Private Antonescu has left the garda into merely a shadow of its former self.  One of our rules is that we do not use explosives, but Private Antonescu is training his underlings to use Black Powder, illegally. And worse actions still I know Private Toma has been seduced by a vrolok, and Lance Corporal Vincent Zolokoro, has told me himself that he is in service with the Ulcisor vroloks.  

-Bianca Cardei

Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
[Rumors begin spreading throughout the province that there is to be a grand tournament at the Wachter estate in the coming days. A call for merchants has been put out and great numbers are expected.]

Olywynn

• Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
The Gundarakite groundskeeper as of late can be found sitting in solitude in the woods off the Svalich Road, often in a meditative state someplace secluded.

LadyDragn

• Undead Master
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
The severed head of what was once a barovian man is pinned to the Outpost Gates with nothing more than a small blade shaped in the form of a feather through an empty eye socket. Written in blood across the gate reads: Parliament Arrives. Prepare for Judgement Witch Keepers.

//ooc Note: Items are in game at designated areas stated above for any PCs (Guard wise) who want to collect :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:16:28 PM by Dawns Justice »

Gideon

• Undead Master
  • Keepin' it native.
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
The above is cleaned and removed.

Olywynn

• Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »
Spoken amongst Gundarakites of the Wachter Province tell that a fellow of their kin is organizing an effort to repair the road to the south of Barovia of rubble, to reopen trade with the region.  Men parted with family in Zeidenburg and Teufeldorf are urged to assist in the effort.

The organizing work party, however small or large it might be, is said to gather on Thursday, December 4th.

Workers are asked only to bring tools they have permits for.

(( This is a Gundarakite-centric roleplay event.  There may or may not be many at all present, but if you play a Gundarakite, you may wish to be present.  You might even learn a bit about the sons of Gundar.  Don't expect to make any true progress, this is simply a flavor event.

Event is set for Thursday, December 4th at 7pm EST. Time is subject to change.))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:35:28 AM by Brewhammer »

superslacker

• New to the Mists
  • probably not a sasquatch
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 09:31:49 PM »
Talk amongst the lower enlisted at the Luna bridge garrison and Zeklos outpost indicates that some recruit has deserted. Some say it was cowardice, some say it was for a woman, but everyone agrees: what an iadul idiot.
Toma Roscatescu - Wachter veteran/mercenary expat
Grigor - Templar Initiate of Ezra (inactive)
Nicolae Cojocaru - Vallaki Garda private (inactive)

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »
[A note has been left next to the wanted posters near the estate, reading;]

"Please don't fight against Vallaki. There has to be another way. We're very worried there."

~ A Concerned Bystander

OOC: This was done IG, just ensuring that it can be seen in case an area restart caused people to miss it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:11:14 PM by emptyanima »

Olywynn

• Dark Lord
  • Nyeh heh heh!
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »
By the orders of Lord Wachter, craftsmen from across the province gather at the Border Outpost, constructing great ladders and siege equipment with determination.  Heading up the project is the Weiks, and the Gundarakite groundskeeper. 

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:44 PM »
[For the past week trails of blood across the Luna bridge have been discovered by those passing through accompanied by the footsteps of people and another set belonging to what seems to be a large wolf of some kind. With the lack of protection of the Luna bridge, the sounds of howling and the sounds of screaming and snarling could be heard frequently outside of the orphanage and the nearby farmstead. Often in the early mornings, bodies would be discovered with another being found just this morning]
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »
A house was burned in the farmlands near the Raduta Keep and a skirmish was had between Invidians and outlanders. Most of the Invidians were slain with one being captured and brought into Vallaki, declaring that Invidia would be victorious and 'liberate' Barovia from the Vistani and the Count. His ramblings were hushed as he was taken into the city proper. Strangely, however, the captain of this band managed to flee the scene and was unaccounted for.

Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
Town ciriers announced the attack of Gundarakite rebels that took place late in the night on the wachter estate grounds. The estate walls where damaged with fire bombs while a local mill was partially burned from fiery debris. Garda sentries and patrols have been doubled with a promise of coin to any man or woman that brings knowledge leading to the attackers arrest...

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »
Wachter guards and Berez militia have been cautious and pickier about who they let in their towns. Some have been denied access if they had come from Vallaki, causing some trouble and some disruption of trade on the roads. The Wachter guards have been vigilant to protect the lands from the invisible enemy known as disease. Word is out that Wachter guards had engaged in a brief skirmish with Gundarakite rebels who have returned. However, the guerrilla forces retreated into the woods quickly as they came.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »
Rumor spreads from the Wachter Estate that the Wachter Militia are seeking information and questioning local men and women in connection with two sets of burned human remains discovered, so the rumor goes, by the former soldier Yakov Calmasaru in his stable first thing on a recent morning.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

ardenchasemoradin

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Lord
Re: Barovia - Wachter Province
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »
Rumor spread throughout the Wachter Estate and the surrounding farms that and Ezrite Templar delivered a letter to the Manor House at the Wachter Estate. The Templar did not stay. He completed his task and was seen heading back toward the Redoubtable Chapel.

Dardonas

Re: Barovia - Wachter Province
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2021, 02:20:46 AM »
After a series of magical explosions, smoke billowed out from a recently burned down camp along the road to Raduta amidst the chaos of yelling.  The sickly smell of death and acidic fumes loomed in the area...