You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Mass camouflage - need confirmation  (Read 1877 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Mass camouflage - need confirmation
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
I heard from another player that Ranger's mass camou is not stacking anymore with the 1st lvl camouflage spell, yet it's not shown in the modified spells topics.

I found a changelog from 2008 stating that it does not stack.

May I have a confirmation?

(On the side-note, if the above is true, then there's no useful 4th level ranger spells gained at level 15(!!) - summons and polymorf are nerfed, Freedom of Movement has a longer duration in potion form, cure serious wounds is very weak once a rangers is at lvl 15 with 150 hp - and this makes me very sad :( :cry:)

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Shadowthrone

Re: Mass camouflage - need confirmation
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »
It doesn't stack anymore, I've tested it. It was changed some time ago.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »
Considering it should be changed to stack, because otherwise it is a useless spell. Maybe just +5 instead of +10 or so.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 03:30:47 AM »
I don't see how camoflauge and mass camoflauge could stack, I mean, it's basicly the same spell.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »
I don't see how camoflauge and mass camoflauge could stack, I mean, it's basicly the same spell.

How else you get uber sneaky ness then ? i vote for acid sheat and fire shield to stack as well as death armor ! you guys take all the joy from me when i was a mage and laughing when big bully got kill by hitting me.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 04:31:13 AM »
How else you get uber sneaky ness then ? i vote for acid sheat and fire shield to stack as well as death armor ! you guys take all the joy from me when i was a mage and laughing when big bully got kill by hitting me.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »

(On the side-note, if the above is true, then there's no useful 4th level ranger spells gained at level 15(!!) - summons and polymorf are nerfed, Freedom of Movement has a longer duration in potion form, cure serious wounds is very weak once a rangers is at lvl 15 with 150 hp - and this makes me very sad :( :cry:)

FOM will have the same duration or should as a potion, since if i recall well it is a level 4 cleric spell making the potion into a caster level 7 potion. As a ranger on level 15 you will have the same duration, since your effective caster level is the half of your current ranger levels, rounded down. (So level 15/2 =7)
But yes basicly you should memorise a summon or a cure spell, nothing else is really worth it. Polymorph may come handy if you wish to move without useing strength potions, and you are encumbered for a duration. (Troll form will give you 21 str.) But yes that is all about it.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant