Author Topic: Road to Edrigan  (Read 2149 times)

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
Road to Edrigan
« on: May 26, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
As it is now- the road to Edrigan is great for low levels

my suggestion is to keep it like it is by day and at night have roving bands of highwaymen

it being the western core would be great if the the player was prevented from attacking the NPCs as they got surrounded then fire off a dialogue of them robbing you

where how much you give is based on
-just forking over a lump sum (maybe 10% of whatever you currently have?)
 or rolling on influence/ antagonize
or the 4th option of attacking
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Blackthorn51

• Undead Slayer
Re: Road to Edrigan
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
We talking like instance encounters on the road?  Might be pretty cool if there was something like that set up.  Bandits appear in circle around you after a "@Voice" emote about how they appear out of the woods and darkness.  A skill influenced conversation.  Multiple Outcomes.  Perhaps a random chance of the Bandit Leader being a wanted criminal or "Bounty" and the over all spawn to alternate between Low-Mid-High level bandits?  I think this would be -awesome!-

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
Would be cool to have a non-hostile NPC who approaches players it sees and initiates a conversation... either the PC pays the price for safe passage or it turns hostile and more bandits/highwaymen spawn at the treelines and converge on the PC

Sage - When stories come to life

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
I've added a small dungeon there and some bandits spawning in a specific part of the road. Any feedback for those who've been there?

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:53:31 PM »
I've added a small dungeon there and some bandits spawning in a specific part of the road. Any feedback for those who've been there?

I'll have to visit that dungeon again, because the time I did visit it, it was part of a DM-run event, so I wasn't paying too close attention to details. Given this, I must say that, having a PC with a background heavily involving smuggling within Dementlieu, it really stood apart from bandit dungeons in Barovia by not seeming like it was some cave occupied by a group scavenging to survive; rather a hideout that belonged to an organized group profiting from their lifestyle. This is something I always had in mind that distinguished the life of a bandit between Barovia and Dementlieu, and I think a RP server truly benefits when players suggest a particular location could use a dungeon and a developer adds one such as this.

Thank you.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »

I revisited this sans DM. It's definitely a neat little dungeon. I'd say the loot is a touch on the low side given what it is... however, if those Blackshirt Chain Shirts consistently spawn there, I'm half-way tempted to start a mercenary company who uses that as a uniform -- just for the fun factor :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:18:56 AM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Griswold

• The Red Vardo Traders
  • Undead Slayer
  • Roleplaying a successful businessman
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »
I like the Smuggler cave thing that was added, as well as the spawn outside. Decent level-range, reminds me of the one inside Port, overall I approve.

My approval is highly valued.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »
I was having difficulties entering the dungeon, the transitions wouldn't always work. The text would show up, but I wouldn't transition. Checked out the loot when I was there. 4 gold, silver shortsword, ethereal visage scroll in one box. 2 masterwork shortswords, 29 gold, and a shadow conjuration scroll in another. The weapon rack had 3 blacksteel chain shirts.

I really like the dungeon itself, I'm not sure if I should go into why due to spoilers. One thing I'd like is if there were more in the other 3 non-dungeon transitions, perhaps a secret door that goes to a hidden tunnel someplace.

Actually, one thing the stretch of road is lacking as a whole is secret doors. I didn't find any at least, I was looking around for them specifically. One thing I would love would be if Port had a cool underground tunnel system like Vallaki does. I can't tell you how much I use that tunnel system every time I have an AMPC.

Similarly, there are all these nooks and crannies in the woods along the road. It would be cool if there were transitions in some of the obscure nooks leading off into the woods a bit more. An abandoned house or shack would great. It doesn't need any monsters, I love having places to sneak off to with people to RP in.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »
Where is this road?

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
From the Eastern Outskirts, when you exit the Vistani caravan, go straight north.