You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The Wachter lands - road to Krezk  (Read 2353 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
The Wachter lands - road to Krezk
« on: May 25, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
I explored those many new maps, and really like it. Although they looked a bit barren and lifeless. Aside herbs there were not much reason to travel that direction. I encountered no animals at all. Would be nice to have some lurking pack of wolves, deers, badgers, and all this kind of stuff, or highwaymen ambushes.
Are you planning to drop some caverns this way? Or anything that would make it worth the travel? Perhaps some extension of the bounties? A new bounty office in the border lands for mid level characters?

Curious, as I am all for more Barovian wilderness areas.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
Re: The Wachter lands - road to Krezk
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »
I'm hoping more is in the works this way too. Its a nice little low-level crafting hub, but the lack of danger is a bit disheartening. I noticed the 'evil forest' has roaming packs of evil, threatening mink.... and nothing else. It even boots you on a longer log-out like dungeons do, but so far has never had any threats.

Perhaps and hopefully something to be added down the line.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »
I think one of the devs is working on these lands, but I do agree that atm there is not a lot to do in those area; though they do look pretty.

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
i'd love to see something getting to happen with the house in that forest.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »
I noticed the 'evil forest' has roaming packs of evil, threatening mink

Oh I have to see those for myself  :mrgreen:

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
I love this progression of areas so far, and am really excited to see how they are going to be expanded! I think perhaps if the merchant stalls at the Watcher Outpost became active, you'd see a few more players out that way... as well as perhaps the addition of an inn at Krezk? Obviously those things are planned and being worked on, but as soon as some stuff like that is added, I think more life will be felt out west that way.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 07:19:59 AM »
One other thing is that if you log in these areas they will port you to the nearest last safe location when logging back in. Im assuming this would be removed if and when more encounters, ect., are added to these areas. In its current state its actually a useful function to be ported, Just pointing it out for future development.

Bato

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
Yeah I've recently picked up developing the areas again. Well just picked up developing in general really.
There's supposed to be spawns everywhere in there but they're a bit shy it seems.

And I am open to any criticism, suggestions, and just general complaining about the areas.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
I'd imagine that there's loads of room for low to mid level adventure type dungeons over there.  I remember the note in terg saying something about Krezk, if I am remembering that right. I've always wanted to go check it out and see.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
Hmm when I saw these areas (before crashing :-/), they seemed empty of anything other than a few Wachter soldiers. Also, I found some of the music to be a little too cheery for Barovia

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Geiger

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »
I think there should be some bandits out there in the forests. Something more than the Generic NWN ones.

Maybe a werebat cavern?

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Perhaps a few side areas could be interesting? Like some abandoned shacks that you can enter and take a little breather in? Could be neat to have a few secluded spots out that way for some RP encounters...