Author Topic: Suggestion! Expand!!  (Read 5396 times)

Reigh

• Undead Master
Suggestion! Expand!!
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
     We should expand players out into the module! So new characters can enjoy a place without fear from high level monsters. Har'Akir

for example, has HUGE rp potential.. but it is a very high level place. So I've had an idea that we could make a harsh place like Har'Akir

hospitable for new characters by making the NPC monsters that spawn close to the main town and gradually get stronger as you head

into the dunes. Instead of walking through the mist into barovia.. why can you not mist warp to dementiu? Hazlan? Har'Akir?

Also this would spread out people amongst the module.. and decrease the hub-ness of barovia. Perhaps it would decrease the lag

and crash chances.. and even being more people to the server!

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Re: Suggestion! Expand!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Ah, this dead horse is back for a flogging?  :lol:
I approve, scatter to the winds!
This is probably the 40th topic of this kind :)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »
With so many places and dungeons having been toned town and scaled back specifically for the lower level pcs with nothing to replace them, Such as, Ice Palace, Lich Tower, Shadow Dragon/Coal Mines, Alhoon Lair, Invidians.... I really do not agree that we need even more dungeons specifically for lower levels.  What is actually needed are more challenging areas for pcs over level 12 added.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:52:28 PM by Vespertilio »

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Romar Notten

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
With so many places and dungeons having been toned town and scaled back specifically for the lower level pcs with nothing to replace them, Such as, Ice Palace, Lich Tower, Shadow Dragon/Coal Mines, Alhoon Lair, Invidians.... I really do not agree that we need even more dungeons specifically for lower levels. What is actually needed are more challenging areas for pcs over level 12 added.

Agreed

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
With so many places and dungeons having been toned town and scaled back specifically for the lower level pcs with nothing to replace them, Such as, Ice Palace, Lich Tower, Shadow Dragon/Coal Mines, Alhoon Lair, Invidians.... I really do not agree that we need even more dungeons specifically for lower levels.  What is actually needed are more challenging areas for pcs over level 12 added.
Totally.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:56 AM »
There is the slight issue, that we really don't have enough players to support multiple starting spots 24/7. Early European times tend to see from minimum 5, to maximum 20 players online at a time.

..And I've a selfish liking of Barovia, the aesthetics of the first zones, and their music, so I want everyone else to see it first too! :P

Maybe the server would be a little packed too if all domains had low level dungeons around their central area. Plus, I had the idea, that the other domains' and Mist Camp's purpose is to offer a single alternative hub to higher levels, which as an idea, I actually like a lot.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

Challenging yes, BUT REWARDING as well ! Both XP and Loots ... heck drop the Loot but give (me) XP ... i like KA SHING sound everytime i level up.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:47 AM »
XPing is only lowered for you Maywind

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »
XPing is only lowered for you Maywind

true story we had a poll about 8 months ago and we all voted to nerf mayvind
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »

I think one of the big differences I see is that alot of the upper range dungeons around are constantly getting farmed at low-spawns by mid-levelish groups excited to go to new places, so are never allowed to actually get up into the real difficult stuff. (Har'akir has been a great example lately, I see it run constantly buy groups at like 25% spawns...)

I'd wish to think that adding more dungeons at all level ranges would help (would personally love to see a few more really difficult higher level ones!), but unfortunately I've seen far to much 'grinding' an 'soloing' lately, so new places would likely just end up on a hit-list with the rest of the dungeons for such groups or people.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
Sithicus is getting added! I playtested it. It's designed for levels 18+. All of you high-levels talking about challenging encounters are going to have your sphincters become as impenetrable as Hadrian's Wall when you see that place and suddenly realize that without sound teamwork, you are all going to die. That's not in the least bit subjective.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
unfortunately I've seen far to much 'grinding' an 'soloing' lately, so new places would likely just end up on a hit-list with the rest of the dungeons for such groups or people.

When being with a group means the other pcs get no xp at all or take a massive hit it is counterproductive to partying up.  Even if the pcs are within 5 levels range.  This seems to penalize for being ic and traveling based on the rp.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Seniies

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
unfortunately I've seen far to much 'grinding' an 'soloing' lately, so new places would likely just end up on a hit-list with the rest of the dungeons for such groups or people.

When being with a group means the other pcs get no xp at all or take a massive hit it is counterproductive to partying up.  Even if the pcs are within 5 levels range.  This seems to penalize for being ic and traveling based on the rp.

No lies jinx causes me lose xp on mobs i get xp from solo

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »
lol i have that problem aswell i cant party with many cause they dont get any xp :( 
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
Sithicus is getting added! I playtested it. It's designed for levels 18+. All of you high-levels talking about challenging encounters are going to have your sphincters become as impenetrable as Hadrian's Wall when you see that place and suddenly realize that without sound teamwork, you are all going to die. That's not in the least bit subjective.
So its like Perfidus, because that place is a ghost town most of the time isnt it? Sithicus should be level range 14-17 imo. That said i cant wait to see it i bet it looks cool.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
I've seen people solo Perfidus before. There will be a few dungeons for mid to high levels as well as several safe-havens, but seriously, going to Veidrava or Nedragaard and expecting to solo the place will mean your death in a dungeon that will VERY difficult to rescue from.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
I've seen people solo Perfidus before. There will be a few dungeons for mid to high levels as well as several safe-havens, but seriously, going to Veidrava or Nedragaard and expecting to solo the place will mean your death in a dungeon that will VERY difficult to rescue from.
Sound like a challenge ! Also Perfidus sucks XP wise, from 18 up hardly give any XP except bosses.

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »

Your death beckons you, adventurers.

He will grant you the release that you seek.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:37 PM »
Yess...yessss...Listen to the Devs you must , but be warey  [insane laugh] ..tempt you to your doom they will.

A) expansion : Watcher province & Kresk ..lots of areas to RP in & about , so long as you dont wander too far, or go out at night.  Also Port-a-lucine & Hazlan.

B) Lack of mid level content : Road to Zidenburg , same levels as VoB , comming soon.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
oooh whats getting added to dementlieu and port-a-lucine?

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
i dont want an exact time or date or anything but how soon is soon?  can we expect it in a month maybe 2?  or after the summer breaks and all?

cause i know devs have a life and summer is near and all that, but i am also curious for the areas and wonder when they will be added.

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19:44 AM »
Sithicus? The elves are high leveled? Seems this server is very biased towards the elves.

I say this in pure jest of course.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 03:21:39 AM »
Soon is a word used, when there exists no more accurate term to be used for the timeline we speak off.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:10 AM »
Soon is a word used, when there exists no more accurate term to be used for the timeline we speak off.

That Soonish the same i got told that mages will get scripting scrolls script or wands making. 5 years ago ? Also why was i not invited to playtest any dungeons ? you might want an expert on such thing ( consider myself as one )  :lol:

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »

That Soonish the same i got told that mages will get scripting scrolls script or wands making. 5 years ago ? Also why was i not invited to playtest any dungeons ? you might want an expert on such thing ( consider myself as one )  :lol:
Considering the Team provides these services completely free of charge, I'd say its doing rather well. However I would not mind a monthly fee, but if we did do such a thing I would demand new content to spill forth; but until such a date, be happy we have nice things for free.