You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Familiar Corpses  (Read 1702 times)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Familiar Corpses
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:26:13 PM »
I don't think familiar corpses should drop from your inventory upon log out. I had logged out for a reset and now my familiar corpse is missing and no where to be found. Its a pretty harsh inconvenience.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:42:19 PM by Rhymenoceros »

Reigh

• Undead Master
Re: Familiar Corpses
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:16 AM »
I don't think familiar corpses should drop from your inventory upon log out. I had logged out for a reset and now my familiar corpse is missing and no where to be found. Its a pretty harsh inconvenience.

Yeah, try summoning it!.. it probably reset, Like if you get level drained and the reset takes it away.

Dire Corby

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »
I had a difficulty with a missing familiar corpse.  It turned out that after the reset it appeared back where it originally dropped, i.e: where the familiar died.  Try checking there. 

I agree that is a real problem, hope you weren't on a perf run when you lost your familiar!

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:34:45 AM »
Did not want to make a new topic for this, but could I suggest lowering the price of familiar ressurections?
Make it 50 gold per level, not a 100.

I haven't seen anyone use a familiar in combat during New Character week, the risk and high costs simply aren't worth it.
And the sorcerer class already isn't that great at the lower levels, so having your familiar reduced to strictly being a roleplaying tool only is a shame.

And another small suggestion, if possible, would be to have them be ressurected by different NPCs.
It's pretty odd to have a priestress of the Morninglord heal up a gremishka, let alone a hellhound or skeletal bat.
Is there any chance to have somekind of shady figure or ailments seller in or near Vallaki do it instead? (And perhaps the Mad doc in the Drain?)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
Well most teams are so big, a familiar/companion would only make things messy

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
Well most teams are so big, a familiar/companion would only make things messy

Yeah.. but for those times you aren't with a massive adventuring group? Or want to be able to just defend yourself on your own versus a single wolf?
It's a valid arguement, but players such as myself often aren't with more than three people present. (Last night being the only exception so far, where we had like 10 gathered)

I don't know, but just because they shouldn't be needed often.. doesn't make them any less broken? (Or flawed rather, since they're not bugged or anything atm.)

Misted_Horror

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »
Nothing stopping people from unsummoning them before they die.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
..seen the hp on most familiar? Most of them die before you can unsummon them when focused or getting a single hit (at lower levels.)

That arguement is about as valid as "Nothing stopping you from running when you're about to die?" when discussing the price of player ressurections.
It still doesn't change the issue of familiar ressurection being a bit too steep in costs when they -do- die. Or that it's a bit odd that even the foulest of creatures can be raised in a.. church.

Misted_Horror

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:44:45 AM »
I agree with the raising in a church, but most familiars that can't take a hit, have no real place in fighting horrific monsters. It'd be like sending a newborn in to a UFC match against the Hulk.