You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Rogues and undeads  (Read 21370 times)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Rogues and undeads
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
Fighters can pretty much match a Paladin for Saves, because of feats. But no they dont run out of usefull feats to take, there are always going to be usefull feats.

Don't think a fighter can reach the 15+ fort as a paladin does in a not so high level.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:49 AM »
It's hard to match a Paladin on saves. The best thing late-game for saves is Enchanted gear, because that tends to offer a lot of universal save bonuses. For Paladins those are a nice-to-have; for fighters they're practically a must-have.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
15 fort difficult? bhahahahahahahaha, 15 fort is easy to get, but yes Paladins get it lower, but at around 10-13 levels they are about the same save wise

harlock

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »
Why should a rogue enter a fight to begin with? Supposed ppl NEED you cause you have many skills they don't and thats why rogues get that many skill points at 1st lvl.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 05:31:01 AM »
Just because Rogues aren't needed in an undead dungeon to sneak attack does not mean they're not needed to open locks / disable traps / locate hidden doors / scout ahead etc..

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
15 fort difficult? bhahahahahahahaha, 15 fort is easy to get, but yes Paladins get it lower, but at around 10-13 levels they are about the same save wise

I doubt that... after all the pally can take Save feats too. I think it really starts getting closer once they hit the 14+ mark and the Fighter starts investing in enchanted gear.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »

I doubt that... after all the pally can take Save feats too. I think it really starts getting closer once they hit the 14+ mark and the Fighter starts investing in enchanted gear.

Yeah, usually paladins can eventually have at least Great Fortitude, possibly Luck of Heroes too. They tend to have lower constitution which evens their unbuffed fortitude a little, and at least my paladin really can't ever get enchanted gear since the dialogue is so morally ambiguous and he's too uptight to trade with suspicious people to get +1 universal saving ring, so most fighters of his level actually have more fortitude and reflex. One barbarian, when geared up, even has more will. :P

But back to rogues, I too have to say that when you can get the items and resources you need, there's no much difficulty in being a help to the party in a dungeon of undead.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:29:10 PM by tzaeru »