Author Topic: Ramblings of Ravenheart  (Read 10081 times)

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive !
Re: Ramblings of Ravenheart
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »
My brother returns for some "vacation" without a word, the damned elven fool...I thought him dead all this time, another victim to the mists..

At any rate I may be closer to such a fate than I thought before...all to help one that may or may not...having been in need. Our teachings are to not judge and to help the downtrodden, regardless of where they may be from.

Why am I helping those that others consider monsters...how far will I go...

This will undoubtedly leave a sour taste in my friends mind for she saw body theft as the only answer to the solution. I tire of this cat and mouse game, all my life I tend to follow others plans and take a back seat in a group. But  these days I find a new inner strength reflected by my growing power of blessings. My God is quite real and gives me the strength I need to not only help myself but mostly to aid others. I am now being given several chances to do so. The fallen elf was only one of them, and I will be damned if I let others opinions, nor demands change what I feel and know to be right. Well tomorrow is another day, for now...herbalism season will commence once more.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -Thomas Paine

"We are all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different levels." -Unknown

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
Ok only a few things for me to quickly take note of today.

1. Druids  are the oddest people.

2. Men are the most hopeless regardless of race. Elves being amongst the worst.

3. I now understand why women prefer other women as mate mainly due to number 2.  However these relationships often end violently mainly due to the nature of women.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -Thomas Paine

"We are all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different levels." -Unknown

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
Reading my last entry I do wonder why I let myself so easily judge at times. Maybe my observations are correct but I need to be more understanding of others.

Hmm...it occurred to me today that Mother Liz doesn't offer the same variety of blessings I do, and I know she is as skilled as me if not more. I am one of the few who can restore someones life force that is drained by some undead for example. Mother Liz, heck not even Father Illie do this....I wonder if I am supposed to do this as a Morninglord Cleric...hmm.....

* the bottom has a drawing of a cloud eating a bear*

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
I am first pulled by Blade along with her new "boss" and I am told there is once again a body needing my assistance. She was in the alhoon, and it wasn't until I arrived that I see the madness that has taken place in my absence. Blood all over the place, human blood I am sure. Laying in a pool of her own blood was Elissia the ice witch. I am shown a dagger the was removed from her heart. A quick examination of the body and of the testimony of the others quickly tells me what it is...Suicide. What am I supposed to do now? I canot help her, nor can I commune wit her spirit to find her last wishes. The Maker gives me a book found on her, it was the womans journal. All of this seems wrong. Blade is her usual cranky and impatient self, Maker seems a bit riled up but otherwise on a one tracked mind. She was seeking oddly enough the liquer the alhoon keeps hidden. Apparently the shadow dragon wanted this...once again nothing makes sense.

The fool is back. He has also been telling lies to the vicar regarding me. He is also showing more and more signs of being unstable. He is not to be trusted, hells all around me it seems his demise is wished for..from people I least expect it.

Death seems all to close once again. Some people return and others I am sure have made their way to whatever afterlife this dreaded land offers.

My friends are changing, some more obvious than others. Something big is about to happen for us, good or bad I do not know yet. I am using all my talents to decipher this journal, maybe it will give me some idea...or maybe just more questions. I have read the first few pages..this language is quite foreign to me. It must have been written in her native tongue...poor woman..she never seemed to have found peace and sadly looking on her first few accounts some of it I can almost relate to..

I will be traveling soon to a few different places. I fear the outcome but my desire to know more is stronger than my fears, and aversions to certain places. The demographics of both are bothersome but...knowledge.

I may need to go visit one of the vistani for a reading, as much as it bothers me there is not other in this land that can do what the diviners back home could. I possess the talent oddly enough but as Mother said,

"never do your own fortunes for the results will always be bad and not in your favor".

Needles and scissors, scissors and pins
                                                                                                            Where one life ends another begins

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 03:56:42 AM »
By the Gods...she must have been trying to get that damned dragon. Insanity...

I have woken up from my sleep, with a disturbing revelation. Thinking back on this now I am glad that for a change I actually have followed my instincts. The outcome would have been..well I would have made my father proud had I actually done it.

Does a vampire move on after they die, I mean truely move on...I don't think the ice witch will...but is it the same for vampires..I know what was said but...well so much is really unknown of them. I see proof that they are still capable of feeling. If one has feelings then they must somehow possess a soul...

Atlantia...she knows for sure on some of my rather unorthodox thoughts. They can be saved...there is a relic I am told, but why not all would try and offer this is beyond me...

Neuri curses...what of them...is there a relic or a ritual that could do this. Not all can be saved, some may not want to be saved. But all should be given the chance one way or another.

Who will save me when I am fallen I wonder.............

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 04:09:36 AM »
I am uneasy today...so unlike me but the dream was so real...even now I almost wonder if I was really taken elsewhere and forced to see such ruin. Blade has returned to the room with what I am assuming is the strongest drink from the bar...gods my hands still shake.
And now the visions fade..all I remember are odd flashes of things, burning heat, sand, black wings beating in my face...and the last part...me in chains being offered to a large dragon. None of which makes sense. And through the dreams I hear a song, one my mother used to sing to me as a child before I went to sleep. Once a comforting thing it is now something I wish to forget.

But how can I forget? Not now not anymore, the one of an inner light and strength that is from my own home has made sure of it. He went through a test before coming here, and states that arriving here is a sort of test...his final one. I know that back home he went through rigorous trials that kill most, but he survived...or has he. From a person that has suffered loss many times over in this purgatory of a land it is obvious at least to me he lost someone close and wishes to do more. Like me he isn't sure of what it is, but unlike me I feel our goals are still rather different. Having been here so long I have forgotten much of my own world..but now small things come to me, names scents, things I liked and disliked. People long forgotten to me, are now relived in my mind.

Were there deserts back home? The stories I read are not familiar to me of these gods: Ra, Set , Bast. I seek to learn more, Blade also seems keen on this. And Atlantia is about to either promote me or kill me, I am not sure what the news she wishes to impart on me will result in. I am slowly making my way back to the village again, our ranks fill with many new members and as much as I wish to guide them they must learn to be confident and competent. I was often left alone to do as what was laid out by church dogma and written policies. The rest I learned through experience.

They MUST learn.

Now for what still troubles me...I am a priestess I speak for my deity and channel his blessings though my own hands. If one means harm to the innocent am I wrong to not aid them as I do other lost souls? Harm to me?  How far must I forgive one person? I will say this if it jeopardizes myself or others near me they will find no help from me. Never again. I have time and again failed to follow my instincts  which has only led to disaster (damn those sands and damn that fool of a man with his lies). I am an adult and a medium. I will do what feels right and that does not endanger others nor cross the lines of the laws.

My hands still shake...the dreams...it is more than  nightmares, for some things which will never be written down here is what scares mew the most, a dream of warning, a premonition. The last time I had such a dream it warned me of mists and monsters, well here I am...Mother often spoke to me of divination and its many forms. What she told me still rings true, you may be able to sometimes glimpse the future but time is not solid, it is as malleable as water as fickle as the sea. To state what is to happen plainly as seen in visions is bad...very bad. So my premonition will never make it to paper and hopefully fade away as the other horrible images will soon do.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 01:55:49 AM »
The eyes of the guilty one will haunt my sleep tonight. But he brought this fate upon himself. He led me into harms way, which fortune made sure of that I was led out safely (Most likely my deity of light and compassion). But he still hurt more members. I am glad the one fallen was brought back...of course they need me when I am never there.

Petra gave me some excellent training today. I can now see clearly what others see of me, in time I will become more skilled. This is a must. Perhaps taking more ques from Blade isn't such a bad thing. Things are moving faster than I can comprehend it seems.

I feel lost again I don't know why. Is it my returning memories? Is it the growing threats to this land? I desperately miss the guidance of my parents now.

I am grateful for my friends and allies right now. For what ever I may lack physically they make up for in abundance.

I will focus more on this journal, sleep is not something I want. What I fear now is the dreams.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »
The faith is infected....

Andral is dead, does he plan to rise again like the sun, to replace the Morninglord?

Ex necrologist my arse...can't even tell if a woman is dying or not, probably cant even identify a cats liver...

Who will be the third...

Ravens...they don't follow people in the woods..

Why does a dying woman dye her hair then vanish from her sickbed, yet leaves the bed made....

How much is a skull that has been used of a chamberpot worth....

Why cut out ones own tongue.....

Why do I even write this down...I am going to bed now...to at least pretend to sleep...my friends scare me...but they are all I got

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
The vicar missing...it makes me wonder if she really just fled due to this "illness" or if her enemies have struck.  I am more lucid today to contemplate all that has transpired. The temple needs me but I am being held almost against my wishes here in Port as Silk and Blade keep me confined and insist I eat...my outburst was uncalled for...but hearing Chang confirm what I was suspecting had happened...I broke down. All that scared me recently was shared to Blade, my longtime friend and ally. There is no doubt she walks a path of darkness but I have seen her and ones like her show promise, compassion, caring. Even Silk the smartarse has shown concern for me...and thanks to the fine mirror in my room I now see what has driven them. Kala thought me ill, with a cold, but the stress itself has eaten away much of my strength and I have lost much weight. I have tried to cover this, the needs of others far more pressing than my own. But it has caught up to me.

I need to recover..I will see this through. I play the complacent patient for now but once Blade and Silk have made their way out I will continue to look. Vrolocks may well indeed be after us, it would make sense. I need to find what has become of two of our members.

No, no no this is what has gotten me in this state of health to begin with..Silk...if he knew what I write here I don't want to leave right now...not while he is here and near me...so this must be what Mother meant...

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
I am told another friend has passed on...I...

*this page has both tear stains and is mostly ripped, the words upon it making it impossible to read.*

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 03:25:50 AM »
So I am to attend yet another funeral this of our own vicar. The words written of her fall were very sparse... why keep this quiet all I hear is people asking me if the vicar is found... I do not even know if her body was recovered...I will pay my respects and ask some questions if possible. Damn I miss my scrawny companion and his sarcastic dry humor and way of speaking. The way he describes things as he sees it is both unnerving and yet reassuring to me...I will return soon to wear that lovely yet overpriced silk dress to show off on the streets of Port A Lucine...thankfully the skirt is long to hide the fact I am not wearing those ungodly uncomfortable and impractical shoes. I will return soon...I hope...

What do they hide...and who will replace the voice of our sanctuary? Her sermons will be missed...and to think  I was too busy for her last one ever given. That demon in knights clothing..erm armor has something against our faith. I just don't know. Adeline has changed more than I could have imagined. How could one descended of a celestial allow herself to weld a sword that steals the life force of its victims? I see her go out and claim to go hunt for bounties while pregnant with some fast growing infant in her...and states how this sword helps to heal her and keep that unborn safe...I got no doubt it will be born a caliban I pity both her and poor Warn. I need to make her see...the ritual, the sword...she is very close to walking a dark path and may not be able to reverse all that is done.

Where will I go next? Should I stay hear and maybe try to lead? Am I even worthy to try and do such? I presume too much now the time will come and despite all of these happenings I will see the way I should follow. But my rant from the other night still holds true in its emotion to me, the faith is infected...it must be fixed and of course it will take effort on everyone's part.

I feel drained by all this. By the dawn I must go on...others will, and still do need me.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
Out of fear and..well mainly fear I left Vallaki and went to the Port to hide amongst the Halites in my grief. After hearing of the
vicars faked death I was angry...and now she truely is dead from childbirth and Petra has taken her infant through some damned portal. Again I feel only loss. Why all of this? The reasoning makes no sense.

So I return to Vallaki after another friend I guess I can call him has not been seen for some time. I see him within a few days of my return as well as learn of the fiasco that has become the Morning Lord faith. The old vicar and dawnspear are gone, warn is dead or missing (most likely the same thing) and Adeline had confessed her dark crimes to me and what she had to do for redemption. From my own world her crimes were of course considered unforgivable and only the greatest of tasks could be done at the behest of the Oracle to have ones soul cleansed. Her task was set for her and she had asked my help. This I could not refuse but had I been here maybe her crime could have been prevented to begin with....Valdon I hope you are rotting somewhere for this...

I wish not to speak on this for too long...I still hear the cries of that murdered Caliban child had I not taken part in the ritual of the burial sight not only would have Adeline been taken but the rest of us there as well. Atlantia told me of her experience in this before and spoke of the spirits of wronged children often being more cruel than that of others that died . Fortunately none of us there had to witness such an act. Emotions and words seemed to suffice, speaking of love helped the infants spirit to move on.

As for the souls of the three executed last night I only knew one of them with any certainty. Victoria Graf...why the hells after joining our faith would you go to the Castle uninvited. and Vashen Guard..you the one that replaced Petra how could you also go there knowing the consequences...So once again no Dawnspear ....And Tatiana I only knew her by reputation and I believe I may have seen her perform a few times, a talented woman as to why she went there hell if I will ever know. Time seems to move slowly for now. My first week back in Vallaki has once again shown me the good, the bad, and the deranged that makes up the outskirts of Barovia.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »
Freedom...it is both so odd and yet comforting to have turned my robes in back to Father Illie...have I turned away from my god? NO for I was wrong the Morninglord is a god of the lands here he is not the one I was raised to follow sadly. But in my prayers and my abilities my own god has not left me despite my confusion. I had to return the robes it was the right thing to do I will not represent the Morninglord falsely anymore but I am glad I had their help during the early times since I arrived here. Some things at least are looking better for me. New allies appear despite seeing possible foes. My nutty monk friend is growing in her skill, and demand for her crafts, being her usual travel companion I am often still dragged from the Balinoks to the Sands of Har Akir for reagents. Black Lion and Raven...our new names.. seems fitting.

And I have seen Lomir again..he has changed. But he admitted he loved me...finally. I figured he had feelings but I was unsure. To feel for another...it is liberating. I worry for him though despite his heart he is still arrogant...seems to be a male elf thing sometimes. Maybe I'll ask Lucadia he at least doesn't seem to have an ego the size of Barovia. And what is up with Silk...he finds the creepiest of people I swear....

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »
Having left the Morninglord Temple and politics I must now wonder...I am stronger now than I was with them...The morninglord was built on a lie I now see the error of my ways. MY god is real and has given me the strength I needed in times past. More opportunities have opened up recently, it is time to see where my path will lead. I care little for gold outside of getting what material things I need, knowledge is all that truly has value, knowledge and friendship.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
The man would hunt some "witches" but employ others...how very odd he is still one I am wary of.

Why do a few of the locals seem unsure of their laws but claim outlanders don't know or respect the? Well as far as respect that statement has merit, we all come from different lands but get stuck here. If only the ferryman could take us back...maybe outlanders that die can finally move on although somehow I doubt this.

Well at least where one door closes another opens as far as allies go. I will see how this goes.

Sudhri entering the ball's charity function in her normal clothing was amusing. Quite a memorable night I am glad she hates coffee the last thing that monk needs is such an energy burst I nearly keep over from running constantly to keep up with her

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 03:55:01 AM »
I got a meeting tomorrow with my um..future employers I think, should be interesting I will have my fingers crossed.

Adeline is up to her neck in trouble...I hope she takes my advice to try and find poor Bela last thing I need is to hear of more disruptive spirits like Jayne. Well she wasnt disruptive per say but a voice similar to hers was heard in the mist camp speaking of a murderer. Caused quite a commotion and finger pointing, was disruptive enough for me! Last any had heard she had gone into the desert I think, possibly with Lacusta? I  have seen her speaking to him quietly in hushed voices before, figured the good Inquisitor was attempting to recruit her.

I think Sudhri finally understands why Petru is bad news. Glad I could assist ..I guess in finding their missing mage in the Anubis ruins but whatever we encountered...sheesh so glad Blade wasn't there to hiss back at some angry God. I need to also pay attention to the blessings druids get hells one I have seen before tested out some new spell she had and made Sudhri wise! I mean really really wise as in no broken common or silly teasing. Note to self casting elemental magic indoors is tiring to druids. Well at least the young one that was dragged along (by me) on that crazy outing. I'd rather talk to her more of plants though than whatever we witnessed. I may wait a few weeks before going into some of those ruins..maybe...

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Some people have more issues than a printing press...

My biggest gripe from my previous life in the Morninglord temple was the lack of listening others did when myself or others would give reports. We had lacked serious comraderie...maybe this is what drove the last dawnspear and layperson to go uninvited to one of the most dangerous places in the core. Go to castle Ravenloft both invited or uninvited...or go to Perfidius ...Ill take the land of demons over the Castle. Well I want to be heard and I now have the attentions..now I got the feeling I may need to hold back just for now.

Sudhri and I are "sisters" now...I am sure my blood relations would scream to see the friends and allies I have made in these lands...too bad they are all dead...

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »
Reading the new reports I see I am still probably viewed as "soft hearted" . Is this a good family trait. I hope so, whatever I may be this trait has given me more allies over my years here than anything else. I trip over the bodies of two well know acquaintances in a cave. Im able to get them out since thankfully they were so close to the entrance. When offered to take payment I would rather have the favor returned if ever needed. This is how I am. Regardless of the person. As  for the two I helped I know more of them then they may realize and maybe this is why I like them and will consider each friends.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
New family..still feeling my way around what really is a new way of life for me..

I got to see some of my usual pals I adventured wit ha few days ago. Since putting on the new cloths it feels like a really freaking long time since I travel with people like Lomir, Cael, Thomas, Dae..

My mother had the mindset of a merchant, wonder what she would think of all this now. Hmm..probably the only blood relative who lives. And Silk one of the few people whom I have known a long time yet still know so little about him. He woul fit better into this lifestyle. I envy those who can do a job and not lose sleep over. Why do certain things bother me I have really no good answer for this.

And shall I even keep this journal? I think with all the other activity I may need to not be so materialistic and set it aflame as the mysterious ice mage that found her way back from death did.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »
Trust...there is always a risk in doing so. So far many fail this task as is the curse for us mortals.

I will remain untied to any organization here it only leads to heartache and failure. Much like love, however love I will still give a chance that I feel is a part of lifes necessity.

The sickly one is possibly family...or his family is damned similar to mine, I don't believe in coincidences. At least he is trustworthy oddly enough despite the feeling I get he is a sick SOB deep down. Still a worthy friend.

And another ghost is back from the past Miuo has returned. Only sadly not all of her, Van is changed, I have changed and so has the long dead one. How long has it been over a year now? Her body is restored but it bares the scares of her last torture, is her mind permanently scarred? I will watch for now, however if she falls I doubt I will be able to help again.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
So father had married someone else, all I can say is their child turned out to be more in spirit like him than her...

To hear the words we are related after weeks of pestering him, its leaves me still numb inside in a way. I had left home still practically a child and arrived here in the mists as nearly an adult. Have I been gone too long is this why he was sent to find me? Or was it for some other reason. He is one of my family so what that means is this: Do well at the task given to you, or die trying. Failure is worse than death.

He is different though unlike my other brothers, at least Silk shows he can have a sense of humor, and a side of camaraderie underneath his mask of sarcasm. Hell I think he may have started to have friends, I got this feeling he isn't used to such a concept.

I hope he really doesn't turn me into a toad, pimples are embarrassing enough but warts....ewwww.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
So far rumors of my brother alive elsewhere proved false. He is probably dead. I return and hear of the demise of other good friends.

Life in these lands is back to what is considered normal. One good example: Sudhri and i go into the crypts below the Morninglord Temple. We find cake in one of the coffins, neither of us wished to eat it. I am going to bed.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
This has been bothering me for many nights now I suppose it is better to be put on paper least to ease my mind.

What in the world do gods do with diamonds, are they like food for them and are needed as offerings to aid a soul back to its body? I never did ask in my prayers as it seemed well, rude. I mean the fact that priests are given this ability is a miracle in itself.

Maybe it just helps to preserve the body in some manner, I don't truly understand the transference of a soul being stuck back in a bag of flesh but I have noticed the quality of necromancers who merely just reanimate the body with some dark energy that passes as "life". Disgusting practice really... Glad I never did want to focus on that avenue of study, its just..well..wrong. Either way, I will just secretly refer to my diamonds as "diety chow" and call it a night.

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
As much as I am not a fan of vampire (or mist at my feet) it amuses the heck out of me to see a bat beat the living hell out of a couple of aberrant werewolves...

Yeah time for more holy water...

Enric is married...better not tell Atlantia, she has a temper of a dragon I swear..

armybrat69

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:29 AM »
So another friend has died, but isn't dead. Sabel puts me in a most difficult dilemma  indeed. Not since poor Scurvy have I felt that a vampire isn't truly a lost soul or some empty shell  that just wants blood. Can I help her, of course. That is if she wishes to be so. Can't just say "Hey Sabel step into our friendly temple and we will get ya all fixed up and un-vampirized right away" with a big smile on my face as gods know  how many it takes to drag her in. The woman was in bat form kicking the snot out of two werewolves as if they were gremishkas. Besides if one refuses aid of any sort I cannot break my oath and do so anyway. But I can certainly do what she asked, tell people don't be stupid and wait in line to go get their arses kicked. And if asked to join in some retarded hunting group to find her  will decline. That is decided. Only if she proves to be more of a monster than some of these so-called good guys would I even reconsider.

Blade's health is declining. Not sure of what but she has some heart affliction. Knowing her personality it can be a result of any type of thing. Reminds me, need to find her and actually do some kind of examination to see what may be the cause. But if my suspicion is correct I know the problem, Blade is a hazard to herself with that damned temper.

Sudhri came back in some new outlandish outfit. Well...I never did befriend her for her fashion sense but hells even I have more taste than that. I picture trying to get her in a dress more difficult than putting a collar on a rabid neuri. With the neuri I wouldn't get hurt as much I'm sure. Speaking of dresses, need to find one to shock good ole Sedrick. I plan on making him take me to some very expensive restaurant hehe.