Author Topic: Posessing animal companions  (Read 1471 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Posessing animal companions
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »
As the title says.

Most of the animals are not much use other than for rp purposes. At least we can have some control over them, like mages can possess their familiars.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
Re: Posessing animal companions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
That would be pretty awesome.  I definitely had the RP need yesterday.
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
Familiar possession is bioware scripted, I don't think anything can be done other than letting you throw emotes through them.

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
Familiars and animal companions shouldn't necessarily be possessable in same manner. Animal companions do not have the smarts to do much that humans can, nor do they have any kind of empathical link or similar to their masters in the manner familiars have to wizards/sorcerers.

Albeit there could be fun possibilities with it.. ..But yeah, it's Bioware scripted, though you could technically make animal companions familiars if you changed the classes and tweaked the creature lists, but that's a lot work for quite little gain.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
Actually an animal companion, is not a common animal , but is a superior version of his kind, infact he is considered a magical beast and has indeed a special link with his master the talents : Link and Devotion seem to justify it a bit at least.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
Different kind of possession, but since we're on the topic... can DMs possess your animal companion? It's more curiosity than anything else motivating my asking, but if they can, could be fun for things like having your wolf sniff out a trail to track someone down as one example. Might be impossible to do familiar-style possession due to game limitations but if this is possible and the DMs are willing, you could have some more in-depth RP involving your companion. I realize that not everyone would be cool with a DM playing their companion, since they might have a specific personality or behavior patterns the player doesn't want to compromise but if the player and DM are in agreement, what's the harm?