Author Topic: NPCs in tavern  (Read 1412 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
NPCs in tavern
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:18 PM »
Can be quite immersion breaking when in the middle of a sensitive conversation one of the local patrons just walks in our face, with little regard that did step into a private moment.
I am trying hard not to look at these NPCs as cartboards but it's just impossible to talk about some topics when one barovian maiden is glaring at our face.  :lol:

Mostly happens in the Blood o' the vine and Tigan's rest.

Some dialogue option for the patrons to ask them to leave, making them to move aside.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: NPCs in tavern
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
Personally I wouldn't mind if Tigan's was made to not take OCR into consideration, it'd give shady folk a place to hang out at night other than the Drain. With all of the taverns in Vallaki, it'd be nice to have one that allows a wider variety of people to visit.

CuddleGutz

• Developer
  • Undead Master
  • You met me at a very strange time in my life.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
Can be quite immersion breaking when in the middle of a sensitive conversation one of the local patrons just walks in our face, with little regard that did step into a private moment.
I am trying hard not to look at these NPCs as cartboards but it's just impossible to talk about some topics when one barovian maiden is glaring at our face.  :lol:

Mostly happens in the Blood o' the vine and Tigan's rest.

Some dialogue option for the patrons to ask them to leave, making them to move aside.

It's more of a general NPC thing. Happens to the ones in the streets, too. Like in Port. Those nobles get _awful_ friendly.

Linah Noelle - half-elf forest-guardian
Nadezhda Popovici - anchorite of Ezra's Second Revelation
Teresa Riegler - Investigator of the bizarre and arcane

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
Personally I wouldn't mind if Tigan's was made to not take OCR into consideration, it'd give shady folk a place to hang out at night other than the Drain. With all of the taverns in Vallaki, it'd be nice to have one that allows a wider variety of people to visit.

Or at very least a higher OCR than other establishments, still refusing to allow those who are the most vile scum admittance.  Or perhaps set it so that people of high OCR have a followup Intimidation check to see if the npc's feel its worth their time to try and run them off or if the risk isn't worth any imagined rewards.

Sage - When stories come to life

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
as a second option... maybe have NPC's react to rolls they witness as well.  for instance

Player emotes [intimidate] in line of sight of an NPC, said NPC makes a secret counter roll... and either walks away or possibly gets in the PC's face...

I could see people's roleplay changing in the Ladies Rest if everytime they start threatening another, Radu starts cracking skulls. 

Wouldn't have to be a immediate change, maybe he would warn them once or twice before kicking their arse.

Sage - When stories come to life

Blackthorn51

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Im all for these idea's personally.  NPCs get waaaay too friendly sometimes.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »
id love to see that :o! Would make them way more life like.