Author Topic: affecting items  (Read 1392 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
affecting items
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
Hello,

One thing that I thought would be fun and might be neat is if people could affect items, particularly foods and drinks. What I mean by this is if clerics cast bless on water, it has a chance of creating holy water. Consquently, they could cast bane to curse the water and make it tainted.

Releted to this one might also be able to try and poison food and drinks, though I think one should need some sort of high skill, not sure which one, to see if the drink was poison. That way not everyone knows that it is poison just by looking at it, but some who are skilled at it might be able to figure it out.

I am curious what do others think of this idea.

-herkles

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: affecting items
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
The latter is already more or less in, but there are a few quirks to fix before it can be fully implemented.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
SQUEEEEEE!

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
The latter is already more or less in, but there are a few quirks to fix before it can be fully implemented.

would this require sending in application in order to use it? as the feat use poison is only allowed to assassins and blackguards. or is it a different system for poison?

Lilianne

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »
The Use Poison feat just means you can use poison without risking accidentally poisoning yourself. Anyone can use poison with a risk of poisoning themselves. ;)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »
The Use Poison feat just means you can use poison without risking accidentally poisoning yourself. Anyone can use poison with a risk of poisoning themselves. ;)

Oh! I thought the use poison feat meant that only those who have that can use it! well that makes things much better for me. ;)