Author Topic: Missing Hak-Custom Talk Table  (Read 12223 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Missing Hak-Custom Talk Table
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
Trying to log in, Required: Ravenloft.tlk Hak, its in my folder extracted, redid the haks, still doesnt work.

Anyone got a solution?

DM Samedi

• Ad hoc champion
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Undead Master
Re: Missing Hak-Custom Talk Table
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
There should be a "tlk" folder in your directory.
Ravenloft.tlk goes in there~

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
It's in there, it just doesnt seem to function, i re-did my haks, maybe i should do it via zip rar and do it manually...?

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
It's in there, it just doesnt seem to function, i re-did my haks, maybe i should do it via zip rar and do it manually...?

Manual on that, definitely. Everytime I've used the automatic I had problems. *nods*

MirrorMask

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:43 AM »
I am having this issue, if someone wouldn't mind replying here with more specific instruction for the computer illiterate or on the #ravenloftpotm IRC chat.

Thanks

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
Make a tlk folder, move all *.tlk to this folder from the hak folder

Rick Deckard

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
I'm missing rl_2da_v195b.hak and i don't know why, since i've downloaded all that was required.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »
I'm missing rl_2da_v195b.hak and i don't know why, since i've downloaded all that was required.
Make sure you have the latest version: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=33284.msg416401#msg416401

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Gorenar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
Hello, I am new around and here and not very tech savvy and I was wondering how I could fix the missing Ravenloft_1_95.tik file. It says it is in my tik file and everything though everytime I try to long onto the server it says its missing. ANy help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for the nooby question.  :)

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »
Hello, I am new around and here and not very tech savvy and I was wondering how I could fix the missing Ravenloft_1_95.tik file. It says it is in my tik file and everything though everytime I try to long onto the server it says its missing. ANy help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for the nooby question.  :)

Make sure the tlk file is in the correct folder. The folder structure should be like this: NeverwinterNights/NWN/tlk
It won't work if the tlk folder isn't within the NWN folder.

Gorenar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
Its all in there. :( NWN/Hak  ----NWN/Tiks. All there, but it still says it isn't.  I just tried deleting all of the CPE folders and adding them back and when I did that I noticed this:

!   C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\CEP_24_a.rar: CRC failed in hak\cep2_core1.hak. The file is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Steve\Downloads\CEP_24_a.rar: Unexpected end of archive
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:59:23 AM by Gorenar »

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
Try to redownload the tlk file and place it manually inside the tlk folder. It should work if it's inside the correct folder.

Gorenar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »
Still a nope. :( I deleted it and redownloaded it twice.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
The haks are uncompressed into folders. each folders content must be moved to the right place on your computer. the haks go in your c:neverwinternights/nwn/hak. the tlk goes into the c:neverwinternightsnwn/tlk. provided you did not set up your NWN in some custom place.

for future additions, I suggest you un-compress content on your desktop, then move it to the place it needs to be.

Aquix42

• New to the Mists
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
So, I'm having this same problem.  My file structure seems correct (although, my folder seems to be nwm instead of nwn).  I Have downloaded the full pack twice and I still get the error. The TLK file i have is 8289k, is that the right size?

It's interesting that the other poster was asking about this only a couple weeks ago, I bet we are both using the GOG version.  I bought the GoG edition and had to do change my CD keys to enable online play and I have not yet re-installed the "premium modules".  I'm wondering if maybe that would prevent the Ravenloft modules from working too.  I don't expect that to be the solution but I will try it anyway.  

Has anybody figured out what's going on?  Does anybody else know how to fix or attack this problem?  I don't think it's my file structure.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:13:43 PM by Aquix42 »

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:57:34 PM »
So, I'm having this same problem.  My file structure seems correct (although, my folder seems to be nwm instead of nwn).  I Have downloaded the full pack twice and I still get the error. The TLK file i have is 8289k, is that the right size?

It's interesting that the other poster was asking about this only a couple weeks ago, I bet we are both using the GOG version.  I bought the GoG edition and had to do change my CD keys to enable online play and I have not yet re-installed the "premium modules".  I'm wondering if maybe that would prevent the Ravenloft modules from working too.  I don't expect that to be the solution but I will try it anyway. 

Has anybody figured out what's going on?  Does anybody else know how to fix or attack this problem?  I don't think it's my file structure.
There's nothing wrong with either our haks or the .tlk file. You just have to make sure all of the files are in the right place. You say you have the ravenloft_1_95.tlk file, just make sure that file is inside a folder named "tlk" inside your NWN directory (for example: C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\tlk)

Aquix42

• New to the Mists
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:54 AM »
Ok, I fixed it. I think this problem comes from the file NWN Diamond Edition file structure.

When I first installed all the required files i moved it to the Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\NWM. To do this I had to create a Tlk and Hak folders under that directory. This was the mistake.  To get the game to work I moved the Hak and Tlk folders directly under Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition directory...  So now my file structure is  Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\tlk.  

This has worked for me and may work for other people with the same issue.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:43:33 AM by Aquix42 »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »
The "NWM" is not the NWN install folder, but the subfolder containing the official campaign modules. The NWN install folder name correctly varies with various NWN versions - perhaps we should have specify more common install paths to avoid any confusion?

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
Missing a file cannot play ravenloft talk_1_95.tlk
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
Anyone could help me please out where can i download it ?
been playing for several months but suddenly i had to stop and now when i want to play a bit i cannot :(

nothing changed with my NWN so it must be a new thing i guess ?

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 11:26:43 AM »
been playing for several months but suddenly i had to stop and now when i want to play a bit i cannot :(

Make sure you have the latest version of our haks and tlk from here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

Any file with a .hak extension should be put inside your hak folder (it will be something like C:/Neverwinter Nights/NWN/hak)

Any file with a .tlk extension should be put inside your tlk folder (it will be something like C:/Neverwinter Nights/NWN/tlk). If you do not have a tlk folder in your NWN installation, you can simply make one with that name and place our tlk file inside it.

Make sure the files are directly inside their folders and not inside another sub-folder within their folder.

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »

Make sure you have the latest version of our haks and tlk from here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

Any file with a .hak extension should be put inside your hak folder (it will be something like C:/Neverwinter Nights/NWN/hak)

Any file with a .tlk extension should be put inside your tlk folder (it will be something like C:/Neverwinter Nights/NWN/tlk). If you do not have a tlk folder in your NWN installation, you can simply make one with that name and place our tlk file inside it.

Make sure the files are directly inside their folders and not inside another sub-folder within their folder.

worked, thanks !