You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Stacking Traps  (Read 1391 times)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Stacking Traps
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
This is commonly against the rules on most servers; if it isn't here, I'd suggest it be added to the rules. With the occasional bug on the red square for traps being placed on uneven terrain, It can get pretty ridiculous.
My definition would be: "Setting traps so that any portion of the red barrier overlaps."

To Add: You can stack traps in specific ways to make a player step on as many as five traps without them being able to even see the red outline unless they do so very carefully.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:05:37 PM by Rhymenoceros »

Jay

• Dark Power
Re: Stacking Traps
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
May also want to put something in about putting traps on transitions so that they trigger when people transition in, that's a real jerk-move I've seen once or twice.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
May also want to put something in about putting traps on transitions so that they trigger when people transition in, that's a real jerk-move I've seen once or twice.

Agreed

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »
we dont have that many trappers do we?

...its the reason i dont make a trapper anymore  oh boy did i abuse those things transitions doors random spots overlayed with traps especially electric traps to kill whole parties, or laying gold on the floor trap that bag or an item.......yeah maybe some rules would be best  it can get nasty.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

RigorMortis

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »

Agreed
I also Agree, Traps should be used as an RP tool, not a "winning tool" but I can see a few traps in a hallway or a chokepoint being used. "Indiana Jones" is a Prime example of lots of traps in a small area.