You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Idea: Hot-Spot threads for co-ordinating play in certain areas  (Read 892 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
I was thinking that this might be a good idea. Sometimes, people are in remote areas where others congregate, but don't necessarily know of them -- the Port, the Village, etc.

Some of these places already have vaguely agreed meeting places to know where to meet people -- but that is not the same as knowing when people are there.

So perhaps a thread to track this would be useful? One would bump the thread and say something along the lines of, "I'm at the Port, near the bank, and will be there for at least the next half hour." Thus offering themselves for general RP.

Thoughts? Good idea or waste of forum bandwidth?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
Re: Idea: Hot-Spot threads for co-ordinating play in certain areas
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
Telkar started this one a couple years back for just the reasons you mention. While not every post mentions when as well as where a pc might be that's surely part of the original intent.

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=20521.0

It's a great idea, maybe you can help bring it back into regular use!  :)

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...