You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Correspondence of Imogen Leonald  (Read 1129 times)

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
Correspondence of Imogen Leonald
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »
A letter sent to a Skaghaven, a small hamlet a few miles south west of Nevuchar Springs in Darkon ...

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
Re: Correspondence of Imogen Leonald
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »

My Dear Imogen,

What joyus news reaches me to hear of your wellbeing, my
 own fammily send you thier greetings.
I must however bring you grave new concering your dear
 parents, since your departure, your father has passed on, may
 he find himself in Ezra's embrace.   Its was almost four years
 ago he caught a chill, which griped him so that soon he
 became feverish and did not recover until his passing a month
 later.
Your dear mother and us did everything we could to ease his
discomfort and I am certain my dear uncle did not suffer
overly with his loving wife at his side, she however was striken
 by his loss and her health has detiriorated to the point that
she now lives with us, bed ridden I am sorry to say.

It pains me to bring you this news, yet we have told your mother
 the news you brought to our ears and she seemed a little pleased
 we think, it is hard to tell since she does not engage well at all
since the loss of your poor father.
The sale of thier house will provide for her comfortably and
she is attended to by the best doctors the Springs can muster,
so do not worry for her.

Again I am pained to be the relayer of this sad news, yet I hope
 you shall visit us and your mother very soon.

Yours with fondness,
    Cousin Vichen Jung.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
Re: Correspondence of Imogen Leonald
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:48:03 PM »
A letter written to the diocese of Nevichar Springs, copies sent to Sentire Creek & Inquisitor Lucasta.

Deposition written in the year 768 BC 17th day of the second month

Testimony of one Warden Imogen Leonald.

I have been asked to give deposition against Sentire Creek of Our Redoubtable Chapel of Our Guardian in the Mists, by Inquisitor Ovidiu Lucasta, I replied to him I would give my opinion and that which follows is the truth as I see it, illuminated by the grace of Ezra.

I have known Sentire Creek a month and in that time he has shown himself to be an able Sheppard to his troubled flock, as the task before them is daunting, but he himself realises this and makes it known to them with a quiet confidence. 

His choices in laity have proven to be sound and not swayed by ability solely, a good measure of faith is within the hearts of those he baptises.  His sermons are not as zealous and frantic as those I have been accustom to in my youth at the feet of his holiness Bastion Raines, yet they send a clear message to all who hear.

I can honestly say I place my trust and my faith in Ezra and the Sentire to guide the church toward the coming storm.

The only time the Sentire's conduct has fallen below the standards I would expect is in informing a dwarf , Master Fenrar Goldhammer, and the inquisitor Lucasta of in the first case of being incorrectly ordained  ( I shall detail more of this fact later) and in the second of and investigation into their conduct within the church.

Both cases were declared in the western outskirts of Vallaki and in public gaze , I do understand that the truth is not a matter to shy away from , yet such disputes withing the holy church made public help little with the conversion of the local populace by wardens and acolytes if the first impression of the faith is one of turmoil and conflict.

My greatest concern is with the conduct of the Inquisitor Ovidiu Lucasta and his constant hounding of the Sentire  as mentioned the Dwarf Master Goldhammer was baptised and ordained within a few short days of each other into the role of Templar, apparently under direct supervision of the Inquisitor himself, according to the dwarf and not answerable to the Sentire. 

This obvious disregard for the clear chain of holy office by one who would seek to supervise its smooth operation is in my mind very dismaying. 
Futher more in attending to his work, the slaying of a dangerous shapeshifer who had taken up the guise of a local heathen preacher, such lapse of duty allowed no less than four witnesses to the event. It caused much animosity toward the church and its members, who in turn could answer for nothing, as not a word had been passed form the Inquisitor to them.   It only served to lessen the truth of the message we all try to spread here and made murderers of the laity in the eyes of the locals.

I confronted the Inquisitor about this event, he relayed the facts to me which assured me the death was a just and righteous one in the sight of Ezra and promptly asked me to write this deposition against the Sentire, handing me ten thousand gold pieces and equipment for myself in equal value.

I hope this deposition of my experiences will help the church to restore order to our own in Barovia, fore as Ezra is my witness I speak only the truth.

Warden Imogen Leonald of the Fourth Revelation