Author Topic: Port-A-Lucine Sewers  (Read 1874 times)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Port-A-Lucine Sewers
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:06 AM »
The random drops of loot in Port-A-Lucine Sewers are way too high, ranging from 300 to 1000gp gems, to gold between 500-1500 'each'. You could run around this place every fifteen minutes while invisible and make 30k. I can test and confirm if you'd like.

Fen'lo Taaran

• Outlander
Re: Port-A-Lucine Sewers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:54 AM »
Combine that with bounties, and selling the misc loot that spawns.. you can make roughly 4-5k per run.

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:08:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure people are aware of this. Just saying.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure people are aware of this. Just saying.
Its certainly a too-good-to-be-true.

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:18:50 AM »
Eh, I am not sure which area you are speaking of, in my experience the chests and barrels near the basement of the Smugglers Den are surrounded by Smugglers that have mage support, that will cast see invis.
There is a stray pile here or there, but nearly everything down there has tremorsensed TS.  Or can be considered a bit of a risk with Gangleaders and Wererat Lords or Abbherant Bugs.

It may be a tad over-rewarding but you make it seem like its off the charts and I caution to not go overboard. Good catch though, I just was down there yesterday and noticed some of what you speak of.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
Perhaps it balances out the reward level of the rest of the server. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:42:58 AM by Aahz »
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:04 AM »

ladies and gents      aahs his first posetive post    *aplauds lets lose baloons*    gratz

...it was funny though  aaaaah who cares if spot X doesnt give loot we got the port sewers woooot     :lol:   

but serious busnis, isnt the port usually visited allot but the higher lvls  thus making the loot rare to get such amounts of it?

and you arnt really rhymo so how can we trust this intel you are providing us with?
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
but serious busnis, isnt the port usually visited allot but the higher lvls  thus making the loot rare to get such amounts of it?

Mhmm it only gets like that when the spawns have been left to build up, once you start grinding them down you get much less. It drops to small diamonds and sometimes about 100-300gp, instead of like the 500+gp and large diamonds. I think the loot is fine considering the area is supposed to be of higher level and some bounties hit almost 2k a head. And how deadly the surrounding areas are. Not like there is much else to do there, mines as well make what little there is worth it :)

Blackthorn51

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »
The loot bins in the sewer are sometimes low, sometimes high.  But the thing is you have to fight through Gangleaders or Assassin bugs to get them.   Gangleaders alone are a CR 18 Monster.  There aren't a lot of people who can easily take them down to get the rewards.  It usually requires at least a small party.  Once you split the gold up amongst a group though, its not as high a reward.  As you get higher level, yes it becomes easier to run through the sewers.   I think the loot there however is appropriate compared to the risk of fighting the spawns there. 

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
A lot of the times theres more than one people there too, and even with invisibility you got to be one ninja dude to be able to loot everything without getting into trouble. As a wizard rolling around Port I got to say that one mistake can get me corpsed, either by deathattacking smugglers, assassin bugs, or knockdown spams by pretty much everything that can hold a weapon.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:03:10 PM by Thani »