Author Topic: Lack of bonus Wizard Slot items  (Read 11761 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Lack of bonus Wizard Slot items
« on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Wizard Slot items. It doesn't really seem to stack up compared to Cleric bonus slot items or Sorceror slot items.

Clerics get a plethora of bonus slot items, including a ring for Good clerics that can grant them a bonus level 4 spell slot (I hear it was level 8 before, which was WTF?!). On top of that there's the Holy Symbol and potentially even robes that grant a level 3 slot each (on top of a level 2 for the Holy Symbol).

Sorcerors get a handful of robes plus the awesome helm that grants them extra spell slots for spell levels 0 to 3.

Wizards get the Justaucorps and a handful of robes. At least, that I'm aware of... Now, the Justaucorps isn't bad but quite frankly, it's inability to be crafted takes it down a couple of pegs.

I understand that Wizards aren't exactly a weak class, but then again, neither are Sorcerors. Nevermind Clerics. Why is the item-love so one-sided?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
Re: Lack of bonus Wizard Slot items
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
Clerics usually have to end up sacrificing combat items if they want bonus spell slot items.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
That's not really true, though. You just trade them out after buffing.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »
Probably because there have been a lack of people suggesting such items on the item suggestion thread, I recommend you create a few items and suggest them :)

Springer

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
If you think that wizards are lacking you should try to find any such items for druids. I think they have none.
Ricard Dateel
Tullus Araphenson

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:10 AM »
If you think that wizards are lacking you should try to find any such items for druids. I think they have none.

your right i have looked , i could not find anything that came close for a druid.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »
That's not really true, though. You just trade them out after buffing.

That is not so simple as you mean, since the slot added is always the last so you will have to cast untill the last spell before switcing the  item.

However i believe the wizard is strong enough, and he has a lot of items to put on good use there is an incredible number of staffs wands various items, that he can use to emulate spells he has not decided to put in his list and  he can always buy scrolls too.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »

your right i have looked , i could not find anything that came close for a druid.

There is a cloak , that is called "The Mantle of the Great Forest" or something like that, that is the only item i can remember that is good for druids.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
That is not so simple as you mean, since the slot added is always the last so you will have to cast until the last spell before switching the  item.

It is quite simple. Just put those spells you'll cast first at the end of the row. (rightward) Once you're buffed, you can remove the slot giving items and still have the spells on the start of the row. (leftward)

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
Think there's also a staff that gives spell slots for druids.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
That is not so simple as you mean, since the slot added is always the last so you will have to cast until the last spell before switching the  item.

It is quite simple. Just put those spells you'll cast first at the end of the row. (rightward) Once you're buffed, you can remove the slot giving items and still have the spells on the start of the row. (leftward)

If you memorize multiple spells of the same kind  you can t choose wich one slot you are going to use.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »

If you memorize multiple spells of the same kind  you can t choose wich one slot you are going to use.

Yes, but there's often buffs that you'll only cast once (1: Bless, 2: Aid, 3: GMW); or if you do have to cast them more than once, you'll cast them all during the same buffing sequence; and you can usually arrange your slots so that the extra slots cover those spells to be cast immediately. It's not hard, I do it all the time.

Besides, the entire issue underlines the point: Clerics have to make choices and decisions about how best to use their slots. Wizards don't have the option.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »

However i believe the wizard is strong enough, and he has a lot of items to put on good use there is an incredible number of staffs wands various items, that he can use to emulate spells he has not decided to put in his list and  he can always buy scrolls too.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »

This is also true of Sorcerors.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
All casters could do with some more options for spell slots.

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Think there's also a staff that gives spell slots for druids.

Might i have the name of the staff, i have looked a long time for items with druid slots.

dark_majico

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
There is probably even less items for bards.

BalorVale

• Undead Master
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Its like this, Clerics have the most, Like longswords, cleric is a popular class so it gets lots of item love, much like monks. Not saying that its biased, but more items are suggested obviously for more popular classes. Sorcerers have a few GOOD items, but they lack rings and capes unless you are of a good alignment. Wizards have very little at their disposal, Staves are good and the popular staves aren't bad, but they ussually give a Metamagic or spell focus and a +1 to AC (Pointless imo) with all the Wizards extra feats these can seem pointless, you can choose around them, but then again your relying on an item.

Druids have one cape, its a very good one, but its the ONLY item they have, It gives +2 Deflection and +2 Fortitude. Perhaps giving them some armor support or a few rings that give spell slots will have them a bit more competitive in the spell caster race, Druids have powerful spells, and If they were to give support to the Wizard, I would near demand it for druid for balance's sake.

I agree some new items are always good and ones that instead of "This R the best L33T Gear" it should feel like a choice or a sacrifice, which it doesn't really right now, the best gear is known as the best gear. (Thats right Hector I'm talking to you) It should feel like a choice which weapon you carry. This is of course my opinion and I hope it was constructive.

-BalorVale

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:49 PM »
There is a plethora of new equipment in the works for high to nigh-epic players.

However, as with all powerful items, comes detrimental aspects to balance them.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
if you got item know how start tinkering who knows.

loads of classes and weapons types and so on could use some more items.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
if you got item know how start tinkering who knows.

loads of classes and weapons types and so on could use some more items.

+1

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »
Bump because I'm a wizard.

plz buff my clas

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
Bump because I'm a wizard.

plz buff my clas

+1

DM Samedi

• Ad hoc champion
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Undead Master
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »
You're just not in the right mindset.
With a bit of elbow grease, which sounds horrible and sticky actually. Is it a byproduct or more of a consumable? Do you need it for elbows to work? Mine have been getting a little stiff I should find some somehow.
Can you cook with it? How flammable is it?

Anyway I digress. There's a little wizard in all of us if you know where to look.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »
I think Sorc and Wiz are the only classes with a specialty store that only they can get to, and with the Mage Tower i think they are set pretty good. The only real challenge is getting to them :(