You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Odd. . .?  (Read 5104 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Odd. . .?
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
I logged in a few mins ago, i was right where i logged off last night. Inside the ML temple, all my things were just as i left them, my HP was the same. I casually walked over to the vistani to see what they had, saw nothing and was walking back to the temple i noticed something odd. . .in the front page of my Inv had two Dark Shadow residue, i thought it was odd but thought maybe i got them yesterday at some point and didnt think on it till i casually looked over at my gold and saw i now had only 20k or so. . . .when i had logged i had about 65k. . .

Would like some help with figuring out what happened. . .i doubt anyone was on my char, considering she was left just as i left here and nothing was taken from her other then 45k (assumes if someone did go on my char they would of took at least all the gold).

Logged off around 10-11pm EST So if anyone saw Miuo on after that, could they make a quick post about  such, just so someone else being on my char isnt over looked please.

Jay

• Dark Power
Re: Odd. . .?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Yeah, sounds like somebody hijacked your PC, now would be a good time to check the password is set.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that there are *no* excuses for doing this and it is easy to identify the person responsible and ban them.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
Dont think so. . .even while ingame now items are vanishing. . .when i signed in i was wearing enchanted plated boots, then as i was in the Vamps, i wondered why my Ac was lower then it should be. My boots had vanished while i was on. . .also two large stacks of diamonds, and three tiny stacks of diamonds vanished while i was on. . .

Another player reported the same, that while playing items just vanished. I think i remember ages ago a player reporting the same thing happening to thems :3

Now Missing:
45 000gp
20 Large Diamonds
30 Small Diamonds
Enchanted Plated Boots

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
Sounds like you've got Vardo aids where your character has so much inventory, it slowly begins corrupting your character. This ends with your character's complete and utter breaking where death won't even fix the problems, and you will then have the new problem of not even being able to res.

This is an actual thing.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
Sounds fun, Miuo does have like 30+ bags XD

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
Sounds like you've got Vardo aids where your character has so much inventory, it slowly begins corrupting your character. This ends with your character's complete and utter breaking where death won't even fix the problems, and you will then have the new problem of not even being able to res.

This is an actual thing.
I thought the vardo looked sickly. Can the vardo aids be stoped by keeping your inventory cleen and in bags?

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »

This is an actual thing.

I've had my pc bugged due to too many items in inventory in the past, even to the point of death and the pc couldn't be raised but, never did I experience random deletion of items.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

hugolino

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
I've had my pc bugged due to too many items in inventory in the past, even to the point of death and the pc couldn't be raised but, never did I experience random deletion of items.

I've had items disappear for no apparent reason, such as my bard gnome's lovely enchanted warhammer.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:42 AM »
Never heard of anything like this. Only explanation I can see is someone hijacking the character.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
How are they doing it while you are on your char though? I was on, playing when items started to poofs. I could see that being possible if it was happening when i wasnt on. But its happening when i am on :3

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
How are they doing it while you are on your char though? I was on, playing when items started to poofs. I could see that being possible if it was happening when i wasnt on. But its happening when i am on :3
Then the only things I can think of are:

:arrow: someone with ungodly stealth is picking your pockets

:arrow: your inventory is completely full and whenever you pick something up, a random item is dropped from your inventory to make room

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
Inv is far from full, iv about 32 bags of holding that i keep mostly everything in to keep my inv clean and free. Is there anything that can be done about my missing things? And what can i be doing to prove things are poofing :3 because atm i have no proof and no idea how to prove it happened. . .All i got is what iv seen and that really isnt worth to much online :/

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »
When making passwords for a character here are some things to think of:
 :arrow: Make sure passwords are a minimum of 12 characters.
 :arrow: Include upper case, lower case, and special characters (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,(,), -, +, =).
 :arrow: DO NOT have anything someone might know about you or your character in the password.
 :arrow: Make sure the password is easy for you to remember, but extremely difficult for others to guess.

Just some helpful tips to ensure server security.

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 08:01:20 AM »
* Pickpocket Skill ( NEED TO GO )

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 08:19:53 AM »
:arrow: someone with ungodly stealth is picking your pockets

This is a violation of PvP rules, isn't it? Is there a way to catch it?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
You can't pick pocket 40k.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
Guys that was the joke answer. No rogue who knows the game well enough to have a stealth build and spend 60k in gear would take up pickpocket. Unless Jinx has decided she's going to steal back everything she sells for new stock.

The real answer is vardo aids. You gonna get deleted!

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:17 AM »
You can't pick pocket 40k.

Boy, if my rogue could do that ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

On a serious note, if you have more then 20 bags this can happen due to lag. I have had this happen on other servers. I think its a nwn Bug. I cant comfir this but i have seen this sort of things happen before.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!â€Â

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »
 :bump: to my question, is it possible for me to be getting back what i lost?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
From my experience, it hardly ever happens. The only times I know it has happened, was when they could track down the hijacker in the logs, and find exactly what was taken.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »
Has anyone taken a look at the logs to see what happened O.o?

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:25 PM »
see a docter
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

dark_majico

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 05:38:55 AM »
Would it be too cheaky of me to post an Eddie Murphy clip on Aids  :lol:

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »
Inv is far from full, iv about 32 bags of holding that i keep mostly everything in to keep my inv clean and free. Is there anything that can be done about my missing things? And what can i be doing to prove things are poofing :3 because atm i have no proof and no idea how to prove it happened. . .All i got is what iv seen and that really isnt worth to much online :/

This may indeed be a problem. After a certain number of items a character owns in inventory, included that in bags and especially if it's 1-square-items (so more in number), it may happen, as it has happened in the past to some crafters/traders characters, that the database goes in overflow and any save/storing of items, coins, and even xps stops. It should in this case, anyway, not allowing you in game at all, which does not seem happening here for now.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Now Missing:
45 000gp
20 Large Diamonds
30 Small Diamonds
Enchanted Plated Boots
Mist Orb

Noticed i was missing a Mist orb i was given, not sure when it poofed. But for the most part i havnt noticed anything else vanishing.