You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Experimental change: Mass effect of buffs  (Read 1943 times)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Experimental change: Mass effect of buffs
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
By next update, some of you will notice that certain spells that usually only affect one target have been changed to apply to all non-hostiles within 10 meters of the target (like spellls such as bless have).

It's important to stress that this change truly is an experiment, and will be reverted after a 1-2 week trial period. Once the trial is over, we'll be evaluating the feedback we've received and assess if this is something we should perhaps implement in the long run.

There are of course certain motivations for the change, but given that this change is in some ways very radical, we want the feedback to be unbiased toward our own ideas (and to some extend, even the impressions of others).

Given this, we ask you to direct all feedback to this survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CQ5R7MV

Please be as elaborate as possible, and don't hesitate returning later if you have more to add.

The affected spells are:

- Aid.
- Barkskin.
- Mage Armor.
- Endure Elements.
- Protection from Elements.
- Resist Elements.
- Shield of Faith.

Also, you are welcome to ask questions about the technical aspects of the change in this topic, but we ask that all opinions and evaluation is directed to above linked survey.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:32:48 AM by Zarathustra217 »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Experimental change: Mass effect of buffs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
I've cleaned up the topic in accordance with the requests of the above post. Please keep the feedback coming, but use the above link. (I've fixed the issue with people having odd language showing up)

We'll also reduce the range and prevent it from generate mass effect when applied by potions.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
I think there is some bug with element resistance first level ranger spell. I noticed if I cast it with others around it doesn't work on my own character.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Hanzo

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
I recently tested out he spells Aid and Shield of Faith on my cleric. The effects carried out normally just like Bless, and it did not seem to cause any lag or strange bugs. Those within the correct range seemed to have received the effects.

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
So, can I be really nosy and ask what the general consensus is on the mass-effects survey? :D

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:08:05 PM »
we need alcohol in game that works in this manner... only it makes the imbiber drunk and everyone of opposite gender gains the Eagles Splender within range...

alright, only joking, but it would be funny!

Sage - When stories come to life