Author Topic: Win 7 and NWN  (Read 2004 times)

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
Win 7 and NWN
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »
Need to reinstall NWN again and searching for one CD. When I found it I will be back in game. Hopefully soon...  :roll:
Now since I updated to Win 7 I got the player mode running but not the DM mode. The loading eye screen starts and then NWN shuts down as if it never started. Any tippers?

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: Win 7 and NWN
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »
Need to reinstall NWN again and searching for one CD. When I found it I will be back in game. Hopefully soon...  :roll:
Now since I updated to Win 7 I got the player mode running but not the DM mode. The loading eye screen starts and then NWN shuts down as if it never started. Any tippers?

Are you in full compatibility mode, etc.?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Geiger

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
Something I find helps is removing all the videos that start upon load up.

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
i have to right click the icon and run as administrator, usuly wrks. occassionly ull have to faff about while it crashes twice on load up. but other than that workss fine
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
*THread necromancy*

So, I'm very cheap and I don't wanna spend too much upgrading to WIN 7.  Does NWN Work on the Home Premium version, or do I need to go Professional?  Thx in advance :3

Bodhidharma

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
I'm using Win 7 Home Prem.

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
At the core, the windows 7 premium and basic versions are the same, so they should be able to run the same software.  The major difference is the add ons you get.  For instance, you need Windows 7 premium to be able to play DVDs.

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!

vlowe72

• Undead Master
  • If you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »
My old machine died, so I'm in the process of building a new one.  Actually, it's built, just need to reinstall all my stuff on it.  Windows Premium, 64 bit.  Last night, began the process of getting NWN to run, using my Diamond edition disk.

You have to run the version 1.64 critical rebuild before it will even start.  Probably doesn't like the 64 bit OS until you do that.  Also I ran it in XP SP3 emulation.. (right click on the start icon and select properties to do this)

Runs just fine now.  I will soon get all the POTM stuff installed and see how that works.

And now ladies and gentlemen comes the time where I relieve you of the burden of your failed and useless lives.  But if you gotta go, go with a smile!