Author Topic: Herveig Beorthing's Log book  (Read 1349 times)

Elfric

• Dark Power
Herveig Beorthing's Log book
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
Name: Herveig Riwallan Beorthing
Height: 5'5
Weight: 150 lb
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Hazy green
Birth place: Fyloft, Verbrek

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOaoUx0Mc0Q[/youtube]

A Lumberjack cuts down trees, plain and simple, however the methods and tools used vary greatly from Lumberjack to Lumberjack. This Verbreker Lumberjack tends to stick with the little things to prove his strength, hand axes.  He was born second to a twin bother in the settlement of Fylfot, his mother was a frail woman with auburn hair. While his father wasn't spoken much of, besides his tragic death at the hands of Werewolves while on a hunt.  He was practically raised by the village, and nature itself while his mother tended to cattle and chickens. The societies of Verbrek have a healthy respect for nature, but it is tempered by a fear of nature's savagery. Stoically attempt to establish a small piece of civilization along Verbrek's rivers, though everyone realize that in a battle between man and nature, nature is likely to be the victor. Despite his father's known death at the hands of Werewolves, he still ventured out in the woods to help his father's friends bring in wood for fire, and timber. Growing up to be a strong fellow with auburn hair, straight, and long. Maintaining a length just above the shoulder. Chin hair sprouted out before he was fourteen, and he never cut them until the day finally arrived. His mother had passed on and he was left without a family, yet lady luck smiled on him in a bit of mercy. He had just turned fourteen, and trials for a man to prove himself were at hand. The Council of Elders rallied the boys of that age, and each of them received an axe and bow of their choice. Since the settlements are too small to have militias, all young men are trained in combat, both armed and unarmed. These boys weren't being sent out to get killed, but to prove their worth as men. Then they were sent out into the wilderness to find themselves women to bed and marry.  Herveig took with him a hatchet for firewood, and a bow for hunting game. They set off into the woodlands, all in separate directions.  There he found a young verbreker woman of Fifteen who wore a red hood. Stunningly attractive to say the least, he introduced himself and told her his purpose. She smiled gleefully and took him into her arms, and her bed. Some of the boys returned back home within only a few hours, out of frights and proving they're simply cowards. Days passed and majority of the boys returned, even Hervieg. Most came back with women, pelts, and wood for the village.  Tradition was a boy finds the first unmarried girl of similar age, courts her, and they get married. Romance doesn't exactly thrive in a land where the inhabitants see themselves primarily as prey for wolves. Any community that gets too large is subject to culling by the wolves, so each community practices population control, making sure that they have little population growth. All seemed well as those years passed and he grew to resemble the father he never met.  Occasionally the village, like all the rest, were attacked from time to time.  Lone men , women, or children caught out at night by the Werewolves that haunted the woods surrounding them.  One night his wife did not return home, and he feared the worst of it. One month passed and she returned, stating she had left the village in a rush to check on family far from here. He foolishly believed her, for she's done so before.  The next full moon, he caught her attempting to live the house, covered by the red cloak she wore since he first met her.  Claws extended from her hands and feet as she snarled at him, and attempted to slice his throat out.  He took a trusty silver axe hanging over the fireplace, and struck at the charging beast that was his wife. One blow is all it took, one head splitting blow. The floor where she dropped to the ground, changing back soon matched her cloak. The next dawn, he told the Elders of the occurrence for guidance. They took a vote and thought best it was high time he left, for his own sake. For the village's sake.  So he took off the same day hikin, and then rafting eastwards to Barovia.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:42:15 AM by Elfric »

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Elfric

• Dark Power
Re: Herveig Beorthing's Log book
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »
I've been lucky since leaving my homeland via the éa Musarde, and i am not exactly proud of that. Although i shall, and have listened to the Elders. I may have done my duty as a Verbreker, but it was still my wife. The woman i swore to protect, the woman who was my mate. Barovia offers plenty of game to hunt, although the woods seem scattared of usable wood. I've taken to leather working, making bags mainly for the store house in the burg Vallaki. Surrounded by these fools, and outsiders. Then again i am one, but it seems i'm the only not wishing to be thrown to the wolves.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
All this complaining, and fighting over the undying. It makes no sense to me, these Ezrites they claim to fight the undead wherever they are. Yet when one is right outside the door, scratching on it to be let in, they stand a cravens who still preach how grand they are. I cannot understand why such fools boast greatly of their prowlness and courage, yet sit idly by being the soft bellies that they truely are. It doesn't help that a huntress kept asking the Ezrite about why the dead stir within the temple across the road. Claiming it's due to raids on the tomb by all the Outsiders that causes it. The way i see it, don't go down there unless they come up here.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
It seems even if you save folk in these lands, they're not grateful for it. Some damn elf got caught by a vampire, needless ta say he finished after i showed up. Words were exchanged between him, and patrons that dispursed from the Inn to say the Elf's hide. I dragged him inside by the scruff of his collared, and dropped him to the floor. He deserved a good kick in the ribs, if you ask me. Hells despite saving him, he tried to scare me with tripwire and strange words. After all that, he decides to rush out into the night again. All i must say to this, everybody gets one. I shall save whoever once, and only once.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »
It seems that I've threatened a strange man over a woman, and he wishes me dead. I know not his name, but a man named Thaken or thalek is suspected of murdering someone. These "civilized" people make war due to words, and cause far to much trouble. If i did insult him, then i apologized just for him to leave me be. Yet that wasn't the case, and i got an axe in the back. Luckily for me, i was next to the Lady's Rest and go inside just in time. 

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
All this noise with a vampire named Mother is driving me nuts. She plagues this place, yet what do those fools do? They end up feeding her.

I've been having dreams of the third child. The Elders of Verbrek all say the same thing that one day a third child shall be born despite the herbalist attempts to stop it, and the wolves shall try to claim it. Only to be slain in it's protection, and the child shall grow. He shall become a skilled warrior, and a slayer of Werewolves. Which shall lead him onto the long walk, and shall return with the pelt of the Wolf God. Ending the strangehold all werewolves have on Verbrek, allowing humanity to flourish as it should. Oh how i long for that day.