Author Topic: A Witch Born  (Read 30300 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
A Witch Born
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »

Biography
Full Name:
Pronounced:
Aliases: Penelope, Petal, Eve, The Black Bride, The Night Mother, Enid, Oma'lee, Neva
Scent: Wild Flower's & Herbs
Height: Five foot
Weight: Seventy Eight pounds
Hair: Pale blond/white
Hair: Hip length
Hair: Worn in a loose braid, usually over her shoulder
Eyes: Blood Red with glyphs around the iris (See Below)
Eyes: Large and Round
Lips: Soft white, full and Pouty looking
Skin: White with a hint of ice blue
Ears: Pointed
Voice: Has a soft caring voice
Race: Moon Elf
Home: Vallaki, Barovia
Deity: Hala
Languages: Elven, Common

Eve is almost always seen in a long tattered gown that looks as if it were a mix of a wedding gown and a mourner's gown. Every bit of the woman is clad in some form of black garment. A heavy black veil hung over her face to conceal and obscure her features. All that shows of her are the long white talons that pierce through the tips of her gloves.

Despite the tattered nature of her gown, she moves with poise and grace. Her elegant nature at contridiction to her visage. Even when danger and threat present them selves she never runs, only seeming to ever move at a graceful stride.

While always veiled, making it hard for her to visually convey her emotions. Her voice seems to make up for it. The soft tone she speaks in, and the gentleness she puts into her words convey the compassion by which she lives her life. For those who listen close they can often hear her smile in her words.

The embodiment of a mother, Eve shows exceptional compassion and kindness to all who seek her. Almost always only ever seen at night under the open sky she has carved out a reputation for herself. One of wisdom, compassion, and acceptance to all who seek her.

Spoiler: Physical Traits & Markings • show

Teeth

Talons
(White)

Tattoos
(Small of her back)

(Back of her neck)

Eyes

Spoiler: Possessions of Interest • show

Journal

The entires into her tome are all written in black ink on what seems to be slightly aged parchment. Her script beautiful and elegant though slightly whimsical. The tome is locked with physical lock that holds it shut from prying eyes as well as one of magic to keep unfriendly eyes from prying into her secrets. In addition if to ever been found and opened by prying eyes not only would they find her writings but also that of recorded spells that seem to have been scribed into the book. Some pages have had bits of flowers or leaves, some times feathers or drawings have been added to around her writings. The tome smells faintly of honey lilies.

Ring
(Middle Finger Left Hand)

The simple humble golden ring doesn't appear special in any obvious way, it holds no previous gem or intricate craftsmanship. While its appearance and humble, and doesn't appear worth much, it is guarded with fierce ferocity by the one who possess it. The ring never seeming to leave her finger at any point. Due to this fact it is hard to ever examine such or determine what truly makes it so valuable to its beholder. Perhaps, simple a trinket from a lost love, or something blessed with prized magical gifts. It is hard to say.

Silver Hair Accessory

One of the few surviving items that were with Miuo when she was claimed by the mists, much like her ring this hair accessory never seems to leave her. It looks crafted of fine silver, with fine fetail work, and is about the size of a peace or large plum. Though oddly it doesn't seem as if it was intended for its use. The accessory looks like something that should be hanging from the neck of a house cat, or rather something of similar but larger nature. The bell its self seems to of lost what it once hung from, and now hangs from the end of Miuo's long braid of hair by a tightly tied black ribbon. Given her usually hair style while traveling the bell is often bound snugly in a tightly tied back updo, keeping it silent for the vast majority of time. However in the heat of battle, a soft chiming can be herd with her flurry of movements.

Weeping Rose Dagger

A dagger once lost to the frozen clutches of the Ice Queen, only to be found at the cost of a great many lives and much spilling of blood. Its history and name the icon for the those who serve the Weeping Rose Coven that has risen and fallen through many struggles. While not a holy relic of Hala, it is a relic of those who fell for much of what she stands for and continues to be an icon and source of inspiration to others. Its current holder cherishes and guards the blade fiercely.

Idol of Hala

A wooden handcrafted carving of what Miuo believes, or likes to believe how she appears, due to having never seen any depiction of her. While made of wood, it's rather light. However, its appearance has become warn, with cracks spreading out through it from years of use. The idol is far from masterfully made, or even truly holy. Instead of serving more as an aid to help focus ones prayers and meditation. As well as to bring comfort to those in service to Hala. The idol, a symbol of all she stands for. It's maker carving her in the image of what appears to be an ever loving gentle motherly innocent figure.

Spoiler: Family • show
Family
(She has no existing PC family remembers, the ones below are all on paper and do not actually exist)

(A small painting of her adoptive children)

(A small painting of Elenor)

Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Adopted Daughter: Penelope (Caliban)
Adopted Son: No Body (Caliban)

Character Theme Songs

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 02:29:10 AM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
Re: Miuo Nevai - A Coven Born
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
It is winter now, much of my time is spent with in the Temple or Hospice. So much has happened, i fear i do not know where to begin. There is so much to tell, i suppose it is only proper to begin with how it is i came to be here. It was just as spring was coming i believe, it seems like a lifetime ago that such should of happened. I had just broken free and killed the one who had enslaved me and so many others when i took to the woods to flee. I could hear them, his men close behind with there foul beasts and weapons. I did not see the mists, they came so quickly. I do not remember much but that i do is simply turning to see nothing but a wall of mist. Then nothing at all, i woke at the edge of a tree line, only hearing laughter and music. I was so frightened, it was so cold out. I made my way to the carts and the people, they were all so brightly dressed and so alive. A relief to the senses, they did not seem to care i had entered their camp.

A man befriended me and offered me warmer clothing as he told me of this land. So much was it to all take in, i spent many more days lost, confused frightened. . Many showed me kindness, but just as many showed blind hate and anger. What had i done to be rewarded with such? I am told fey are evil things here. . .that they steal children and eat them or of the like. Things are so twisted and broken here, magic is feared even that of the divine. . .

How can the gods and goddess abandon their people so easily, this world is filled with so much darkness. . .

Much has since happened, i have suffered the abuse of the Garada. Beaten and tossed into the well, because they though i a Caliban (deformed child of magic)? But such was not all bad. It is where i met Ugor, a follower of the one called Hala. He welcomed me into the Hospice and said i may stay there as i wish.

But perhaps such was not the best of ideas, a man came in one night and saw me and slurred his drunken insults at me. As well as threatening me, one of the others in the hospice took after him and tried to kill him. . .such doomed us. . .The man that owned the Nymph gentlemen's club came back and threatened Ugor. . .that we must pay five hundred gold per every two weeks.

Yet still more has happened, there seems little peace here. . .Morticia a vampire i have come to know. I offered my self to her to save to save another. She was kind and gentle. But even for such my goddess was angered. She was not the only one iv come to know. One named Vincent tried to attack me and two others with in the city at night, we all barely managed to get free and a way. Seeking shelter in the Ezrite temple for the night.

There is the child iv buried as well, they are unknown to me, but how could i leave the remains of a child so disheartly on the side of the road. . .iv buried them properly but some see fit to defile the grave. It has happened eleven times now, iv taken actions to make sure those who do so again will pay.

I was fortunate enough to be taken to the beautiful city of Dementlieu to attend one of there balls. But the travel there was not without its pearls. . .Werewolves attacked us, we were lucky to make it to one of the Vistani camps. Only for i to anger them. I hope they have truly forgiven me, i meant no wrong doing or of the like. . The city its self was by far the most beautiful thing i have seen since iv come here. So many stores and shops, culture and acceptance. I met a kindly old women named Elenor, she prefers to be called Gran though. She is so lonely, all her family has passed. She is all that is left. . .

However in truth even such is not the most terrifying thing iv come to know. The possessed dolls, the hoard of undead spilling from the temples crypts, the vampire mage attacks. The most was when the mist had snatched me once more and took me to a horrid place, the sights there were beyond that i can think to describe, so much death and blood, and evil magic. . .i am glad my love Jadow was able to take me from that place. I do not think such horrors will ever leave me. . .

So many have i come to know that have vanished. . .Keln. . Ugor. . .Sebastien. I fear they have fallen somewhere and none shall know where they have gone. But many i have met. Iv also found a little one. .abandoned in the wood, i fear if i had not found her she would of frozen to death. . She is Caliban. Iv taken her in, she is as mine as if i had bore a child of my own flesh and blood. Iv come to call her Penelope, Jadow does not support my choice, nor did the man i had come to find her with. How can so many condemn a innocent child to death simply because of they way she was born or what she could become.

I have asked Gran to join me here to aid me, she has welcomed such a invite most happily. She knows of the child's nature and supports me in my choice, as does Lull. Perhaps with more then i just looking over her she will have a chance in this life. Iv met a most displeasing man, Gran has told me he threatened her and Penelope. When i saw the man that matched her description of him i could not see it. He looked broken and sad, surely such a man is not the one she meant, but it was all sadly true after i had begun to speak with him. He claimed us to be monsters, a blight to the people. . .Perhaps some of us are, just as some of humans and other Kin are. None are more one then the other. I pity him, he follows blind hate and anger. . .he plays in the divine and judges who is to live and who is to die. I pray for him, that the innocent blood he has spilled will not be judged accordingly. He follows his beliefs blindly, if he does not soon open his eyes to what is truly before him i fear he will receive what he has given threefold. . He creates the very monsters he detests. Not all but many, i fear soon one will strike back and murder more Innocents in anger against his name.

More and more declared war on another. Soon this place will be nothing but a battle field with countless foe's killing blindly till none are left standing. Iv scent Gran and Penelope away for now to a place they will be safe till i think things are safe, i send what i can to them in to make sure they are comfortable. Gran sends letters almost daily. Should things quite and become less dangerous i may go to them or them to I, we will see what time brings us.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »
Little has happened today, i met the supposed monster hunter once more when i traveled to the seelie settlement to fetch some dyes. Perhaps i should avoid him, he is a danger to me and those around. Specially Penelope. . .If Lull was to find out what he had tried i am most positive she would kill him. Upon spending more time talking to him i feel him to be confused and questioning him self. I hope what he chooses will perhaps give him a better life. When i see him, i see sorrow and and a sense of being lost. Perhaps it is not to late for him to change if he wishes so. If he seeks aid from me i will most likely give such.

After leaving the seelie settlement i found my self in a cave filled with wanted men of Vallaki. It was not easy but i managed to deal with them swiftly and with relative ease. Till the one they followed confronted me, i nearly fell at his blade. How could i of been so careless as to take on such alone. I was lucky enough that the creature i had summoned was still bound and attacked him from behind. His screams of pain and anger filled the cave as he was mauled to death.

Taking a bounty is something i despise doing, but the end effect of such is better then leaving them to wonder freely. I gain gold for bringing them in, i prove my self little by little to the city that i mean them no harm. As well as ending a threat to the innocent who wonder freely.

I received another letter from Elenor, she tells me she is doing well. And adores her time with Penelope, though that she still fuses and only the blankets i had made for her travel can settle her. I miss them both so with each passing day, but my selfish needs are not worth both their lives.

Iv sent word i will be traveling to them soon though, to bring supplies and such that Elenor can not attain her self. Perhaps i may be able to talk Jadow into traveling with me, though i know he does not welcome such a idea. He seems to be hardly ever near now. . .always busy, away or rushing off somewhere. I see him only in passing now if i am even so lucky to do so. Elenor detest him, she says the mans actions vex her. That he is being selfish and cruel leaving me to pine for him and stay awake all hours just hoping to see him. Perhaps she is right. . i do not know. I am lost and confused about so many things, but i can speak to to only so few.

(The journals entry seems to end there as if she could no longer organize her thoughts enough for them to make sense as she writes them.)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »
I find my self doing less and less each day as the lands become bitter cold. Little more has happened since i last wrote, iv gathered a few minks for the Vistani, and tried to turn in two heads of known criminals, only to find that the one did not seem to be a criminal. Perhaps another has already claimed the bounty on him. Elenor and Penelope returned to visit, they seem to be doing well. Perhaps i will go to them and spend time there. Jadow was unpleased i kept things from him, iv told him everything to date. Though he will likely be gone once more and it will of mattered little that iv told him.

More werewolves plague the outskirts, Jadow says it is because there is little found left now that winter has come. I grow restless with my lack of efforts, perhaps a outing is in order, but i fear the crypts are to unsafe as well as recent attacks iv herd of in the wood. Perhaps i will make my self unseen and travel to the Elven settlement and stay there a while. Little seems to disturb the peace there.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »
I suppose i got what i wished for, todays events have been far from restless. The man iv been in contact lately has been said to be named "Louis", i came across him today once more in the Temple only to find him in a state of mind fracturing terror. . .what could cause such a man to completely fracture and break. . .I am told it to be a massive shadow creature. . ."Louis" has said that its eyes followed him and continued to instill terror into him. We were fortunate enough to have Dez to assist in aiding the man.. Though he does not see it as such. . .During the act of aiding the man, he struck me. . .If Jadow hears of this i am positive not even i this time will be able to stop him from murdering him. The contents of the crypt continue to grow in a vile nature. . .i fear what will arise next. .

More has happened, i fear one knows of my true nature. Iv begun to receive letters and items pertaining to Hala. Most is such iv already been shown by Ugor, but more comes daily. The largest part of what has come to be has been that on Hags, there nature variations and the like. I must admit i find this knowledge fascinating. Each day i find my self excited for what may come to me. In one of the letters iv been sent are means to a ritual of that Halanite's partake in.  

The exact ritual has been set out, now i must  just choose on a personal item that is tied to me. Perhaps it is one that Ugor told of me, or the witch i met who was a friend of Ugor. I must be more careful however, i do not know of the sender there for do not know there intention. Nor do i know what  they are telling me is true. I must take logic into account, though from what iv been given and read. What they do say does match with my own seeking and what Ugor has told.

The Sisterhood of the Hawk has recruited me into their folds, they are women who strive together to gather those who are being sought after. Though something does come to mind, in the readings iv done many Halanite's strive together and create Covens. I begin to wonder what should happen if i come to the point where i am asked to join a Coven or wish to create one of my own. Perhaps one can be formed from other Halanite's who join into such? I am unsure, i will have to look into such far more.

Iv begun to record in the ways iv been so far able to manipulate the weave to my own doings into this tome, perhaps it is time i added more powerful means of keeping this tome from falling into the wrong hands. Or possibly seek one of greater power to place such on the tome.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
Iv sought haven with in the temple tonight with few others, such seems a time best to enter more of my knowledge into this tome.

Iv read the myths of both Lurren and Lurrhein. Both myths tell of both women becoming a Hag, then creating three daughters who represent the three most common species of Hag, such being the Annis Hag, The Sea Hag and the Green Hag. From what iv read, is that Hags are born not knowing what they are and resemble normal female women. Until the later half of there lives where they shed such a form and become a Hag, they are usually vulnerable at such a time because they have not fully come to harness there power. Though during there first stag of life they make look normal, they have twisted black hearts.

There is also such myth that Hags are a form of fey. Since there are many known fey who are only of one sex. But reproduce through outer species breeding. It has been said that some hags use a rare bit of magic to transfer there child from there womb into a women who is as far along as the Hag. The womens child being destroyed in the spell.  Each hag has specific properties as they grow.

Annis Hag: born strong and powerful, almost masculine. Young Annis hags often move towards becoming warriors or adventures. Mainly in a trait that will allow her to travel frequently and engage in violent pursuits. Some times even manipulating factions into warring so they may reap the benefits of such. They have little interest in the spoils of such, they focus more upon the simple blood lust of battle.

Green Hag: Green Hags appear to be the ideals of feminine beauty given flesh and form. Usually slender and delicately built, gifted with fine singing voices. They often use there beauty to break hearts and ruin lives. Often being towards theater related professions such as Singers, Dancers, or a Actress. Some cases all three. They are often vain selfish beings, who adore there professions for both the joy it brings them as well as the adoration of the fans. They are known for having great many lovers at any given time.

Sea Hag: Often seen as plain, not homely but not as stunning as her sister Green Hag. They are often strong and healthy looking, ones matchmakers would label perfect for child bearing. This oftentimes making the life of a sea hag frustrating and heart breaking, since they are never able to provide a child for their husband. Sea Hags are seen as the most domestic in their early stage of life. Often living in small towns and villages, many even entering marriage. Though their facade is a simple trick, often using unable to bear a child for attention. They are often found amongst those who spread vicious rumors and lies about others. Their tongues venoms and cruel. Even some times turning such on there husbands should they try to curb their wives wicked tongue.

But all Hags go through the change of shedding there forms as they enter the second stag of their life.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
Iv taken shelter at the Vistani camp tonight. Much has happened today, i met another Halanite. "Joachim" is another working his way through being a Warlock, all this is most exciting. We both now have another to go to when we are in need of help with such that deals with our faith. From what iv been able to tell though i seem to be a bit farther along then he. I look forward to showing him what i have learned and accomplished.

However my joy is only short lived, for when i walked into the outskirts i came upon the scene of the Garada arresting a women and Jadow pretesting her innocence. . .only to be arrested him self now. I fear this may be the last time he has insulted and meddled where he was not wanted. I hope both are well. . .i fear the Garada. . .i know what they are like. It would not surprise me if they made something up to punish both. .

I only hope that Jadow may bite his tongue enough so that he may be spared being put to death.

(scrawled about at the bottom of the entry is a prayer to Hala written in elven asking for Jadow to be well)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Little has happened over these last few days. Jadow is free and well once more but i fear such may not be the case next time. . A one can running into the inn well past night fall. Only to fall as she entered, Radu struck her down with little hesitation.

I continue to further my studies in the materials iv been given, my studies now turn to that of the Hags second lift stage. I find that my studies begin to disturb me, iv read that a Hag is just as likely to lay waste to her sisters as she is to anything else that falls into her path. The following is bits of my studies i would do well to remember.

This change should be final around the womens 50th birthday, she will remain in this form for the remainder of her life. Hags are often vulnerable as they go through their final change since they have not yet mastered there abilities, a Hag must tutor another Hag before she can master such. Making it more idle to tend to hags when that they first arise.

During their second stag of life, Hags will begin to become more reclusive as their strength begins to grow. Most easily noted in the Green Hag, often appearing thin and fragile will gain the strength to rip a man limb from limb. Soon filled with the need to flee humanity all together. They will flee to barren wilderness like areas where they will literally shed their flesh as they take on there new form. Some cases exist of Hags staying close to civilization. These are rare and unique to each hag.

Annis Hag: As Annis Hags change her skin becomes deep black or deep blue, her hands mutating into weapons more effective than a sword. Their fingers growing into talons that are able to punch through armor. Their teeth elongate into fangs that become a glossy black. her eyes turning a dull yellow that glow softly in the dark. These hags grow in height and bulk. Often seen as the most dangerous of her sisters though not entirely proven. These hags are mainly gifted with strength unmatched by her sisters as well as skill in battle.

Note: One should never engage a Annis Hag in melee combat if they can prevent such.

Green Hag: The change of a Green Hag is perhaps the most visible of all her sisters as well as the most traumatic on a personal level. For most Green Hags their physical appearance is their single most important thing in their lives they admire their own beauty as much as those around them. The earliest sign that a Green Hag is going through change is not in her looks but that she begins to complain of headaches, sleeplessness and blurred vision. Green Hags senses are by far superior to those of a normal person but theses senses are at first unfocused. During this time her age will progress rapidly, her ravaging beauty quickly turning her into a old crone in a matter of a few months. Their skin becomes wrinkled and as hard as tree bark, becoming a sickly green color. Their once delicate fingers mutate into gnarled talons sharper then even the most finest honed blade. Their hair turning either a Olive green color to a darkest black. Eyes range from amber to orange, glowing far brighter then her sister Annis eyes. But does not grow in height or physical bulkiness or withered and bent like her sisters. She retains the body that which she had in her previous stage of life.

Sea Hags: There is no question that this species of hag is the most monstrous and pitiable of the three hags so far studied. Not are their first stages of life usually that of frustration and disappointment, but the change in which they go through leaves them so alien that they can no longer live on land it self. While going through the change a women will appear to have a incurable rash, aging before her time. A sea hag may go through the change sometimes in the fourth decade of her life rather then the fifth. Her appearance will degrade much faster then that of her sisters. She will begin to grow withered and bent, incurable rashes seem to break out over her skin, she will find it much harder to breath, increasingly parched as well. She will soon find all company intolerable even those she may of once loved before her change. She will be drawn to desolate regions that either feature shallow warm seas, vegetation choked lakes, here she will find comfort to that which previously caused her great discomfort. Some soon find they can breath water just as easily as air when their attempts at suicidal drowning fail. Their is some myth to state that if a sea hag is kept from water to long she will grow weak and slowly die, much as sirens do. But their is no proof to this at this time. Oftentimes they are covered in warts, bony protrusions and patches of slimy green scales that dot their sickly yellow flesh. Their hair usually resembling seaweed, they have eyes of a hellish red, with iris that seem to fall into the darkest of abyss. Though they gain great amounts of strength they are not given such adaption's to use such as her sisters. They often become skilled with daggers and knives.

Note: It is possible that the Sea Hag is utterly hideous that it can stop and some times render some unconscious, as well as drain the very strength from men by just staring at it. It is known to some times take upwards of three days to recover from the sheer sight if seeing such creatures.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »
Little has happened to day, i grow more and more anxious at preforming the ritual. I wish to ask Joachim to attend and do so with me. Jadow wishes to come as well but i am unsure if he should be there or witness what it is i am doing. I grow more and more uneasy in the outskirts at being found out and burned. "Louise" knows of my nature, but he does not know who i follow perhaps i am safe for now if he thinks i to be a Ezrite.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »
Much has happened today, i feel much stronger now. Iv begun to work on manipulating the weave further, so far iv only managed to come close to what i seek to to but still i am growing closer and closer with every try. I will attempt such more and scribe it into the tome once iv mastered it.

Dez asked me to join her in the Ezrite temple, she said she was going to do a reading. On the way to the temple she told me of another tending the hospice when i was unable to "Andrio Sarren" i will have to seek him out i believe him to be another Halanite. I spent some of my time at the temple educating a women named "Carina Huntzinger" about the differences of Fey and Elves. Dez seems to be with one called "Logan Blake", he seemed upset when i began to talk of Sun Elves. I hope iv not upset him with something i said. The temple was met with a escorted carriage of Templar's and the one that was in charge of them. He took Dez aside and spoke to her privately as we all waited she did not tell us of what happened but it has not seemed to be bad.

(The entry is followed by two scribed spells)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
My past few days have been filled with a sullen mood, Louis seems more and more unhinged each time i see him. He's told me that he has murdered a man. . i fear for him as those around him that he is becoming far more dangerous with each passing day. However by the gaunt look of him, his strength will perhaps soon fail him. I happened upon the Broken Bell Inn and find those there kind enough, but another told me that those that are not human and of a certain type of human were not welcome there.

I usually care little of such, but in such a mood i found it only more depressing. Jadow seems more and more distant. . .i barely see him for more then a moments time. With each passing day i feel more lonely and lost then the day before it. While i kept my self blindly busy things were well. . .but as my actions slow iv come to see i know few here. . and are close to even fewer. I do not even see Penelope often enough now. . .Elenor brought her to me today, she is growing so fast. I worry for her though, she always seems so cold, her skin pales more and more each day. But her voice brings me hope, it is one of the most beautiful things iv ever come to hear. Even just the sounds she makes bring me comfort.

(the page is sketched with a crude drawing of Penelope)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:31 PM »
(The previous page is that of a ritual, it is lay'ed out carefully, the instructions centered as small images line the sides to depict specific stages through it)

So much has happened in such little time, Joachim helped me preform the ritual. It is now complete Lull is preparing to do hers now as well. Winds far more fierce then iv seen before ravage the lands, many think it is tied to that which we encountered in the crypts and beyond that. Jadow seemed upset when he saw what i was doing and left before i could explain. . .the ritual took far more out of me then i expected, perhaps i pushed my self to far. The last thing after the ritual i remember is walking through the inn, then just nothing till i woke deep in the cave beneath the Temple in the outskirts. He seemed a bit better there, but i do not doubt he will question my actions and be upset i put my self at such a risk.

Lull has made it clear she does not trust him as well, and was admen't that she was happy i did not use the ring he had given me. She said it would as if i was giving a part of my very being to him. In ways i think i do agree with her, such items were not meant to be given away. It feels as if you are a simple cloth doll held together only by your stitching, only to have someone come and snip the thread and slowly pull your stitching away.

Even now as i sit in the Slums Temple, the winds ravage the city, Lull and I have been given shelter in what space the temple has had to offer. As i sit here, thoughts seem to bubble up, things iv not though of in a while. Such as the child i buried, i worry now of what will become of their grave. I hope it will be left not to damaged. But more so i worry for Elenor and Penelope alone in there room. They both must be so scared. If i had the means to i would brave this storm and go to them. I can not stand the though of her in such terror and i no where to be found. At the sign of first light i will go to them, i will gather some thicker clothing and set out as soon as i am able.

Iv had thoughts of brining Joachim and Lull together to form a coven, but i fear we three may be to immature to do such. . .but at the same time if we were to do such, we would find comfort with each other that we have not been able to find easily specially so amongst those that seem to flourish lately. I will mull the thought over more before i speak to them more of it.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »
I find my days filled with things to be done, i hardly know where to begin with the events of the passing few days. While sitting in the Inn, a man summoned some shadow creature that quickly fled with him as the Inn Keeper started to shout, only to have some creature which we encountered in the crypts to enter. It was nothing more then air and energy, there was such malice behind it. Few rose and attacked the creature, it fell quickly as the others from the previous nights had. As i gathered my things and left the Inn to the Temple i thought i would find rest, only to hear things happening outside.

When i went to see what was going on and if i could be of use i was promptly attacked by wolves, there were so many of them. They were every where some alive some already slain. A large group stood strong and fought them back killing them all. A few stood with in a circle made of Garlic. I had little time to look around before the skies were filled with the sounds of wings carried on the night air. Massive creatures that i can only say appeared to be bats, but far larger began to attack all in the area, all rose up once more to attack the threat, we succeeded.

I thought we had finally won and things would settle, but a man rose from a grave and came towards up, he began his torment. I reacted is fear and let loose a bolt making a direct hit causing him to turn to mist and flee, i am told that the vampires name is "Viktor"? My actions only seemed to anger him. .he took his wrath out on Roth, entering his mind and making him do things he would never do.

Others responded and cut him down quickly. . . but such was not the last of it. The skies filled once more with the sound of wings, foul magic brought forth bats made of bone. . once they were slain with great efforts things quickly turned deadly when a banshees wail was released on us all. . .almost all fell. . .my self included. I remember nothing after hearing the wail. . .only that i felt something warm running down my neck slowly as blackness enveloped me. . .I awoke where i had fallen when another tried to tend to me best they could.. .

I am later told this was done by a women called "Yves" and she is to be feared greatly. . .that before when she roamed the lands her name was not even spoke for fear of it. Once more i come across Jadow being arrested and once more i am faced with what they have done to him. . .he refuses to let me tend him. . .what am i to do. . .i do not wish to let him suffer. . but nor can i heal him against his own wishes. . .

Jadow's friend asked me to join him in traveling with him, i agreed wishing to test my new strengths. I am still stunned with how my power has increased. The ritual has worked! I can tap into the weave more easily and use it much more resourcefully. He took me to a wolves den, i had expected that of the same general lines of the same den near the Elven settlement. But we came face to face with Pirates, Dire wolves and Worgs who all became Werewolves. . I was surprised to find my self holding my own and being hardly even touched by them.

Iv come into possession of a highly enchanted mirror as well. . .i am at a loss of what to do with it or how much it is worth. Perhaps i should show such to Jadow and see what he can make of it.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
(The entry on this page is hard to read as the page collected Miuo's tears blurring the ink as she wrote the entry)

I am lost. . .Carina has said Jadow was with another. . that she saw them together at the inn, sitting in the shadows as he whispers things to her in a manner far more friendly then he should of been in with her. . .i am filled with doubts and despair.. What if such is true. . he was supposed to be the one who would not hurt me. But he seems the one to do it most often . .

I question everything now. . .the times the mist took us, i followed him, but when i lost sight of him and tried looking for him. Only to find he had carried on with two others. . leaving me to wander alone. . The times he is always gone for days on end, with little word as to where he us going and when he should return. Carina says it is the one named "Elle". . the same women he always rises to defend. . .the same women he told me to wait outside the temple while he went to speak with her. To only leave me standing outside near the temple as they both disappeared into the Inn.

I begin to tire of  life here. . .always so much hate and sorrow. . .so little joy for those who are to different. . . according to Hala's teachings, when it is my time, i will be recycled into something else, perhaps something with no emotions. . .a willow. Yes i would like to become a weeping willow if i should have the choice. I am reminded however. . .that iv found another sister today. . she bears a heavy burden, iv offered my abilities to such. .i debate the idea of a coven still. . if i was to gather the others i know of, our combined power and skills may aid to such.

I am told her teacher tried to destroy the item and payed with her life. I grow to tired of writing more. . .it is almost light, iv already sent word to Elenor i am going to stay with her at the Lodge for now. I don't want to see the others for the time being. . .it all hurts to much. . forcing my self to smile and act as if things are all right is tiring . .

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
Much has happened in the passing days, little i care to recall upon. . .I know little of where to start other then start where things began to crumble. In my furry and sorrow i took to drinking. . and more drinking, i wished to no longer be in a conscious state, nor have to feel or remember. I remember little of the effects of my actions other then i confronted Jadow horribly. . .i some what remember it being in a public like way, and i throwing something. . there is one part i can not forget. It is his simply leaving with few words. . .Edward confronted me earlier as well. . .and said Elle had told him things and he did not wish to believe such. . .i refused to hear more. . .is it possible iv been so wrong about one i had trusted so whole heartily. . .?

Iv met another witch, she wishes to speak with me. . .i am afraid in my anger i lashed out at her as well. . she has told me if i seek her, to go to the Orphanage, or the Hospice. . .I joined up with others to venture to a Vampires castle or the like. I had though such may take my minds off things. As well as i would be able to go to the Lodge a while to find Elenor and Penelope.

Through our travels we fought many things. It has taken me days, several attempts and many ventures to libraries in the Port. As well as talking to many well versed people in what -exactly- we fought. This is a brief list of what i am told is some of what we fought.

*Spiders: Dire
             Phase
             Sword
*Undead: Skeleton
              Soul Beckoner
              Apparition
              Zombie
              Vampire
*Beast: Werewolf
*Unknown: Xeg-yi
                Drelb
                Demiurge
                Trilloch
                Slow Shadow

While there i found a letter mentioning "Viktor" i am left wondering if it is the same one we encountered before.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
(This entry seems to be scribe from another source directly into her own tome)

The Great Wheel

The Church of Hala follows the same Barovian calendar as much of the dread realms do, though some within the church often refer to the year as a Cycle or The Great Wheel. Halites observe different holy days and celebrations from those generally noted in other practices, religions and local flavor. The witches follow and celebrate the Esbats and Sabbats (discussed later) across the year. As well, each hospice, monastery or center for the church keeping close watch on these dates, celebrating them in all
earnest, yet in surprising secret. Many people that have received healing and blessings from the church during these times have claimed to have benefited better from the Halites than they may have done at other times.

The most notable changes to the Barovian calendar noticed by the outside world are that the Halites celebrate the New Year and first day of summer on different days. In most cases, this is as far as the general public notices these changes. The Church of Hala celebrates the New Year on October 31st, normally a day of dread for many people across the dread realms. This day marks the end of the harvests in many places, but to the Halites it is a day for celebration. In the Church of Hala, this celebration is known as Samhain (So-wen). Halites often give out gifts of fruit and vegetables on this day to the poor and bless small children, regarding them with praise. Young boys in particular are held in esteem, though girls are not unfairly regarded, for they are the future mothers that will give life to the next generation. Iron is often hung on walls and above doors and windows by Halites on this day. October 31st also marks a traditional day on which Halites enter wedlock, the reasons for this tradition have long since been lost, forgotten or locked away in secret. The witches of Hala never divulge this information, even when pressed.

On November 1st, the followers of Hala enter a reclusive period. Halites withdraw from people and close their temples to all but the truly needy on this day. November 1st, The Day of Souls as the Halites term it in whispered discussion, marks the start of nearly two months of mourning. On this day they remember all those that have died needlessly in their local areas throughout the year and light a candle for each in remembrance. These candles are left to burn completely, any that fail to burn away
completely are noted by the witches marking those they were burning for as possible unquiet spirits that have failed to find rest. Those that are allowed entrance to a temple or hospice when the candles burn sometimes tell of a depressive, saddening aura to the place and those within it.

once again, marking then end of nearly two months of remembrance. The hospices and other temples of the religion are festooned with many candles and lanterns,
mistletoe and sprigs of berries hang from the ceilings and doorways and great roaring fires are kept burning at all times. The exact day of this celebration varies from year to year, but generally falls sometime between December 21st and 23rd. During this time the Halites hand out gifts to those that come to them that day and they hold prayers, healings and blessings of exceptional merit to those that ask for them. This celebration falls on the Winter Solstice, marking the end of the dark days of the year as
from that night on the nights will draw shorter as the sun becomes stronger once more in the sky. February 2nd marks the first Halite celebration according to the general consensus of the Barovian Calendar. On this day, it is typical of the witches to celebrate life and union in all its forms. This celebration is known as Imbolc (Im-bulk) to the church, though the masses have given it the more common name or Candlemass. All members of the church spend this day with their families and loved ones. Each member present lights a candle in addition to what other light sources are present. Homes and hospices belonging to members of Hala are said to be warm on this day, despite the probable harsh coldness of the time of year. While it is never explained, witches of Hala urge couples to bed down early that evening. The witches of Hala also retire early that night. Not surprisingly, there are a good many children born nine months later.

On Imbolc, young couples often betroth one another. Some youngsters even disappear into the fields and forests, running about as if the love that nature holds has somehow possessed them. Those youngsters that trespass on farming lands are often scolded for ruining freshly sewn crops. This practice is generally frowned upon by many religions, but the witches of Hala seem to encourage it. Ostara (Oh-star-a) is commonly celebrated on March 22nd, though it does often deviate in one direction or another. The practice that the church holds on this celebration is the giving of eggs and other dairy based produce to the people. The church often receives gifts of poultry in return from farmers, why they are so eager to give after having their crops trampled the month before is often a mystery. This celebration also coincides with birth and the creation of life. Sprigs of blossoms often decorate the hospices and temples dedicated to Hala during these festivals.

Another tradition time for marriage follows on April 30th, or Beltane (Bell-tane) as the witches refers to it. This also marks the first day of summer in the Halite calendar. Hospices place brooms across the floor of the doorways in and out of the temples and beforehand encourage young couples that are betrothed to wed on that day or the days within a week of it on either side. Some Halites in more remote areas build great campfires that resemble beacons on hilltops prior to this celebration, extinguish every flame in their temples and then light the beacons at sunset. Once these fires are blazing, they take burning embers and logs from the blazes to start the fires within the temples. Some followers of the religion besides the witches also follow this tradition in the areas they are practiced. In the last few years, more people have been taking fire from the beacons, whether or not they are members of the church. The witches do not begrudge them an easy source of warmth for the night and have now begun taking burning logs to homes in the villages they serve once their own are burning valiantly in their temples. As the climate is growing warmer during this part of the year, flowers are increasingly coming into bloom and flowers are used to lavishly decorate altars and temples dedicated to Hala during these times. These decorations are kept throughout the summer months and are replaced regularly.

June 22nd celebrates Litha (again with some variation of the date), Midsummer as it is known to most people and marks the longest day and shortest night of the year. Some temples organize festivals for this day that involve pole dancing, feasts, dances, costume parades and other festivities and entertainments. Again these are held in smaller villages and thorps throughout the southern Core and rarely enter larger settlements. The Inquisition has forbidden these festivities in Tepest for the last few years. However, some settlements hold smaller celebrations of their own in village squares, under the guidance of the Inquisition, of course. Though the celebrations are no longer
openly dedicated to Hala, many people are happy to see the festivities when they come round each year. Lughnassadh (Loo-nass-ahd) falls on August 1st and marks the first day of harvest. Halites both give and receive gifts of vegetables and fruit on this day and the week that follows. Altars in the chapels found in the temples and hospices of Hala are covered with earthy brown sheets, which in turn display some of the produce they are gifted with.

The fourth equinox in the Halite calendar falls on September 21st, 22nd or 23rd and is regarded to by the church as Mabon (May-bon). This day roughly marks the start of the second harvest with same celebrations that follow Lughnassadh.

Esbats

Halites celebrate the full or new moons as much as they do the equinoxes and solstices that scatter across the year (sometimes known as Cycles to those within the church), though these celebrations are not as outward as those described with Sabbats. An Esbat may be at any point when the moon is new or full in the sky. All Halite witches celebrate at least one of these each month. Though there is no penalty for failing to follow this tradition, Haliets take comfort in the tradition of Esbat. Esbats are a recognition and celebration of life, following from birth, as when the moon is new, to death where the moon has all but vanished from the sky as it wanes into complete
darkness.

When a new moon hangs in the sky, Halites see this as a celebration of new birth unto the world. The witches of Hala believe the New Moon is the best time for new creations. Many witches practice some craft during this time with even greater eagerness than normal. Any goods or material products created in this time are often passed on as gifts to others unless they relate directly to that witch, or to their witchcraft.

Once the new moon has passed, the moon begins to wax in the sky, seen as a symbolic flow of physical grown and strength to witches. While it is rare for Esbats to be celebrated during this time, it follows as a continuation of creation until the full moon arrives. When the full moon does arrive, witches celebrate a time of nurturing, parenting and care for those around them. During these times, the moon it at its fullest and strongest the witches of Hala see this as the greatest time to cast their arts with the Weave and Hala. These days are also a natural time for Halite witches to wed, if they choose to do so. These same days also mark a time where a wed couple within the church may break their vows of marriage and part each other in peace. Those that are received as neophyte witches are initiated on the night of the full moon.

As the moon wanes, it is said to be a poor time to weave any craft related to magick. The waning moon is symbolic to destruction, aging and eventual death. During these times, Halites are reluctant to perform coven rituals, though individual witches are free to continue to weave their arts as they see fit.

The witches of Hala hold Esbats that fall on the Blue Moon, where the moon is visible in the day sky in great awe. On these days, it is seen as a coming together of man and woman and unity between all.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
Things are. . complex to say the least. I tried to apologizes for my drunken actions towards Jadow, he seemed to accept them at the time. Our hours of talking after left me lost as to where we were. But todays events gave me hope with the way he was so kind once more. When he saw Louis and went to reap his revenge i thought such would be quickly dealt with and we would move on. But such was not as i had hoped. It spiraled out of control with both to stubborn to cave. It ended with Louis dead, and Jadow trying to cart his body off to be "disposed" off. This lead to us fighting even more. . he angered me and i struck him. . i had only meant to do so softly. . .my temper seemed to over flow and i struck him much harder then i had wished. I tried to reach out and apologize once more. . .i know he did not truly mean it but when he yelled out "Get away from me you Womb-Freak" I felt as if everything with in me was suddenly torn apart.

I fled in fear, anger and hurt, i drove my nails into my palms to quill my screams of anger and hurt. He found me, he asked to be forgiven. I wish he would know there is little i would not forgive him for. He worries i may not love him, rather love the idea of him. Only if i could tell him everything of how wrong he is. I do not think iv ever told him of Keln. The man i first took interest in when i had come here. Or that he had vanished before we could ever be even together.

Jadow fears for me that he will bring only more hurt and danger, he fails to see what he has given me though. Strength, confidence, love and much more. I will accept his wish though, to part and be as we were, before we were together. I am lost as how to be around him, can i simply turn off the part of me that wishes to reach out for him, or crave his touch, his words, even his presence?

I must find those who spread such viscous lies that started all this, as well as make a apology to Elle about all of this, as well as for them speaking ill of her. Shes not deserved my hate or angry, she was another victim of a misunderstood rumor. Iv learned my lesson in ever believe such things from another's mouth that iv not seen with my own eyes. Unless it has come from one i trust just as whole heartily as my own eyes.

Jadow has admitted to reading these entries, and was rather displeased to find little good said of him. I feel rather guilty for not being so adamant at chronicling his finer feats. In truth there are many wondrous memories he has given me, specially the times we have managed to carve out places of solitude to just enjoy each others presence. There are memories that make me laugh when i think of them. Such as the time we had found such a place to only have a man come and "watch" us for a length of time. he had seemed quite upset with us. As if us cuddling and drinking wine was more horrid affair of forbidden indulgences.

He has always been protective of me, he has always made sure that if he could not keep me safe, another would or i would with the materials he has given to me as gifts. To this very day i still use the armor and blade he has given me. I still have the ring as well. Buried deep with in my things, i dare not take such out any time i am with him, more so now. There are sides to him i think few are ever allowed to see, iv been lucky to see his sensitive and passionate side, perhaps i am blessed to of seen this much so far. He says i am the first he has taken interest since he has come to be here, he is the first iv let in so deeply.

Perhaps he is right that we have moved to quickly. .time will tell of what is to become of us. In the end i hope that no matter the choice we are both left not to hurt by such events.

With everything of late iv not bothered to continue my studies. I feel as if iv neglected them far to long. Perhaps that is what i will do now, focus on my studies for the time being.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
Once more there has been a whirlwind of events that i lack time to keep up with. Victor found me a short time ago and asked me to join him in his ventures. We took on several small caves finding some skeletons and meager treasure, though at one point we came across a single were creature. He took me through a bit of woods iv not been through before, we seemed to hunt the shadows them selves. But these shadows were made living, they were capable of attacking and causing harm. Normal blades had no effect upon them.

With some effort we killed all that we had come to be confronted with. What we found next though, i am still horrified with thinking of what had transpired there. . .We came across a "Old Fishing Station" it seemed that it had been long since abandoned for what ever reason. We took refuge in the room upstairs to rest some after spending nearly a entire day traveling.

As we began to search the house and came upon the basement, things rapidly changed. It had looked as if the room had been destroyed in a fit of rage, we found notes on what seemed to be a mans work. His work detailed that he had built this basement to be a "Lab" where he had begun to combine traits of creatures together making varied experimental beings. From what i could tell there were nine different variants of creatures. Through only one through six seemed to interest him so.

As we made our way through the ruined lab we found more and more grizzly findings, the rapid growth of intelligence of one of the species as well as the remains of what looked to be humans riped, torn feasted on remains that seem to be long since dead. Some of the corpses found seemed "fresher". Cage doors found twisted and bent as if they were nothing but thin pieces of parchment.

The horrors there can not begin to be told with words, it is something one must see to fully understand. We found more research, detailing that he had begun to use "HUMANS" as a test subject for the combined traits from the creatures he had collected, one being a type of aquatic troll that seemed to thrive in the local area. Upon searching the lab more, we came across a far odder finding. A coffin, it was in the lower part of the building. The finding baffled me and Victor, in fear that who ever it belongs to, me and Victor fled the building taking it with us. It now remains in Victors hands.

We turned to searching the area further, finding these creatures i am told are called "Scrags", they are quite strong, and there wounds seem to heal almost as quickly as they are made. Perhaps these are the Trolls spoke of earlier. . .or are they one of the species that took over the lab.

Iv spoken to Carina, she has agreed to take it on faith that Jadow is a decent enough man. But she does not seem to be one of the people who confronted Jadow. I also spoke with Louis, he has apologized. . .but has also admitted to holding some feelings for me. . when i asked further he waved the question away. We came to debate further ideas today as well. I think such is why i enjoy his company so, he challenges me to see a side of something i would not see my self.

Iv not seen Jadow since our last talk. . .iv gone to stay with Elenor and Penelope these past few days. Iv taken to herbalism, Penelope loves being with me when we gather herbs. She seems to love the Honey Lilies. I can not blame her, it is often what i smell of. Martyn has requested to see her at least once every so often to look her over and judge her. Iv agreed to such if it will help ease his fears.

Elenor is furious with what has happened, iv begged her to quill her thoughts and take what iv said on faith. She has agreed, but only for as long as nothing of the like should happen again. Iv seen her about, Elle. But iv not have the chance or courage to apologize to her. I fear of making a scene or looking like a bigger fool then iv already made my self. Iv still failed to continue my studies, with so many things iv not the time nor will to study after a day of tiring work. Curling up with Penelope while she settles for the night, and watches the fireflies with fascination iv caught for her in a jar, is far more appealing then sitting at a desk or table for hours on end reading faded text on dusty brittle pages for half a nights time.

Iv met a Gnome man today, i was forced to tell him i or anyone i knew of could tell him how to return home to his family. . Iv ordered new armor from Jinx, such has cost me Three thousand gold. Shes told me it will be ready in about a weeks time. Till then i will stay at the lodge i think, iv enjoyed my time greatly here so far. I fear Lull/Nemo may be missing iv not been able to see her or find her since the windstorm and we were forced to seek shelter in the Temple with in the city.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »
I find my self bombarded with the events of late. While going into the crypts i came across a women and a form of "Gargoyle" the being insisted it was a beacon of good. Though i am left rather unsure if such is possible due to my last run in with such creatures. They worked for the Vampire that operated that horrid machine some time ago.

Victor asked me to join him after i came across him destroying the coffin we had found. We set off  with Tyln and Roth, we ventured to the Wolves den. We completed such easily enough, though Victor became displeased with me running off on my own to chase down a fleeing Werewolf. Soon after that Tyln and Roth left as they grew tired of travel. We came upon two others who joined us however in venturing to the Vampires layer.

Things were easy enough for the first little while till we came upon a room with a male and female vampire spawn spell users. Three of the men fell leaving only me, and another women. After raising the one man, we began to hear a haunting melody beginning played from somewhere with in the system of rooms and walkways. The man we managed to raises took the others to seek help as me and the women waited for there return.

Shortly after there departure a creature i can not begin to described attacked. It seemed to be the one playing the music, when it fell. It burst into a array of colors. Soon after a cluster of zombie like creatures made there way to us, i took up victors equipment and struck them down with ease.  Even then such was not the last of them. A creature that looked as if it could only be the remains of a demon like being came at us. Even it was no match for Victors weapon.

After such we rested and waited in fear at what else would come at us. Nothing we had pictured came close to what came next. A child's spirit, calling for her "mama", she chose Victoria, asking if she was the spirits mother. The child vanished once she herd the mens voices as they returned.

We ventured on, killing all that stood before us. Two of our party members nearly fell repeatedly. We came across the last room, when we entered we became bombarded with several Vampires, some warriors some spell users. We were pushed back as a female spell user cast her spells. Me and Victoria fled and got away as we were told to do. A vampire following me, i quickly slay'ed it though once we had reached a safe distance. When everything had become quite we went looking for the three men. Only to find the weaker man had fallen. We continued back to the final room to see if we could find a item called a "Mist Globe". We found one in some sort of horrid ritual. Two massive red crystals fueled the circle with magic, we later know this to be some sort of vampire wedding consummation ritual. With in the circle was a unborn child, and a Mist globe. Once the pyres were lit the Vampire bride tried to attack us. The same vampire who had tried to drag one of the fallen male corpses away before we had bested her.

Once she was slain the circle lost its power. The items were gather, the globe used to bring the fallen member back to life. I took the child to make sure its remains would be tended to properly. It seemed though at one point our party members began to fight, the two men who had joined us grew enraged and through everything we had found onto the ground. . and then stormed out with his friend.

I still do not know why such happened, though not knowing what else we should do, we split what we had found. I took the Vampire Brides Wedding Gown. We began to make our way back home with haste. By the time we reached the Outskirts once more, something had begun to go amiss. A horrid smell filled the air. A small tree attacked Victor. When we headed to the Temple we saw a women in the graveyard fighting fiendish rotting corpses. Onces they had fallen more small trees attacked wielding magic based on a elemental level.

The temple became attacked by the very trees near it, the earth rose up and took form, as did the other foliage about the area. Nature its self had rose up in a most foul way and begun to attack all that fell in its path. We eventually came upon a Weeping Willow tree, that bore fruit that resembled living human heads. Even daring to do near it caused great pain to on. It took great efforts on many people to cause it to fall. . . I fear such is only the beginning. Lately the lands seem unsettled, disturbed. I am told of ghost wild life attacking people. . .iv decided to take Penelope and Elenor to the Port. We should be safer there for the time being.

I'v come to meet a man who is interested in Elle, he has begun to tell me things. I listen but i try to not let them be anything other then simple words. He tells me that Jadow bought Elle for a date, and payed Nine Thousand Fang. As well as saying that Elle talks as if they are madly in love, and are thinking of settling down. I feel my heart crumble more as i hear this. It is taking so much of me to try and simply ignore this.

He barely speaks to me now, i had saw him walk right by me into the crypts that i had just come from. . .He did not say a word. I followed him to warn him of the Gargoyle. Which i found gone, i greeted him, he greeted me in return with a few small words before he turned and carried on his own way.

Victor has given me two dolls to extract my revenge upon them. . .but how can i. . . . they have done nothing wrong. . .Martyn says i am perhaps lost now. . .maybe he is right. Perhaps it just best to walk away and start a new in the Port. If there is any truth to the words iv herd or from what little iv seen. He seems as if he is doing alright. The messenger i had hired to find Elle and deliver my letter had said he found them in the Port sitting together watching the water. I do not think they would stay there to long, Jadow has never been one to be idle for long. Iv also seen Elle back in town, so i think i should be fine there for a while with out running into them. I will be able to make great use of the libraries there.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
(A few pages seem to be torn out)

What have i done to deserve such cruelty. . .Jadow found me and asked to speak with me, i agreed. He told me he had come to a choice, that he only wished to be friends. But that he still cared deeply for me. How can he ask such of me, does he not care of how i feel? Does he think i can just bury everything i feel and smile as if it is all okay?

(The writing seems darker and thicker as if she had begun to press the quill against the parchment harder)

He has told me that Louis has only befriended me so he may get closer to kill me and Penelope. . .perhaps i should tell Elenor to flee with her and let him do such to me. . . Jadow points out every time we speak that this is my own fault and doing. . .that iv pushed him to her. . .

I found him distraught, burning things in a fire, flowers, jewelery, a suit and some other trinkets. . i asked him what is wrong, he said he was reaping what he had sown. I knew Elle had spired him, yet when he walked away after seeing her draw near she followed as i put the fire out. . .before i to followed only to find them talking, She had made him laugh even as she had spired him and caused him sorrow. I could not bare to watch longer. Later in hopes they had moved on i had set out to find herbs, only to find them there. Her there though her arms around him telling him she was worth fighting for. . .

He said, that i did not trust in him. How could he think such when i trusted him him so, enough to let him deeper then any before him or since. My trust was rewarded with hurt and sorrow. .No other has been so trusted, or so deeply loved by me. Such only brought about what i am now left with.

What have iv done to deserve such a cruel fate. . .I can not go back there. . .it is far to painful. I know how she is, i see her flirting and toying with all the men that fall in her path. She will use him as she wishes as she does all others. Perhaps Victor is right. . .perhaps i should curse her to bare the weight of her doings three fold. But i would not be any better then she. . .He has chosen what he wishes. . .i will leave and let him do such. . .

(A few tears have blotted some portions of her writings, as well as left slight faded marks on the page)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »
Victor asked me to join him and Ty again in venturing out to the usual areas. Sadly it seems ones before us had already dispatched the werewolves. The vampires on the other hand proved to be quite manageable, we pressed further and ventured through almost the entire layer killing all that which stood in our path, at a point I had attempted to use healing abilities on a creature. I had thought the creature was composed of negative energy. . .i was wrong. . .my actions only healed it. While in the layer Victor asked me to come apart of his party more permanently, in his actions with dispatching the vile undead, i happily accepted.

After leaving the lair we followed a few narrow mountain paths till we came upon another cave filled with spiders. We handled our selves relatively well, most of what we attempt now has become easily manageable by us. However, i had not been expecting what Victor warned us off laying in the larger part of the cavern. . .A queen spider, bigger then the Lady's Rest Inn. When told such i could not begin to fathom a image of what it would look like, or truly take into account its sheer size until i saw it.

Iv never seen a creature so big, or so monstrously frightening. . .but for all its size, the spider seemed weak. Victor faced her alone and dealt her a swift death before turning to her children and finished them as well.

After finishing the remaining fleeing spiders Victor wished to check a tower he knew about, filled with things he called the "Broken Ones". I had not expected to find what we found, i had thought they to be undead, or some natural foul being. Instead we were confronted with horrifying creations, things that had once possibly been human. Someone had experimented on, adding pieces of other creatures. Humanoid like Avian women were the first of what we encountered, then Humanoid creatures comprised of several pieces of reptilian like pieces, such as wings, tails and the like. . . Viscous Yowlers attacked relentlessly. Flying bat like creatures attacked as we rose to the second level. . I am told these are known to be "Darkenbeast", small animals twisted into becoming messengers of sorts for their masters.

When we finally finished going as far as we could, stopping at a portal that Victor thought we should not pass with just us there, we trekked back towards the outskirts. After dividing the loot, and splitting out shares earning my self two thousand fang in just fang. We parted ways for the time being for some much needed rest. After venturing the Crypt for more herbs i had run into Jadow. .

I knew i should of just went back towards the Lodge after receiving my share. .For not doing such, i was rewarded with the torturing image of him before me once more. .He spoke as if things were fine. . .greeting me and asking me how i was. .How would he expect me to be, i could not begin to even reply back to such. I answered simply with "I am alive." . . .What have i done to anger someone so that they must torture me so cruelly. .

I am aching once more, my mending wounds torn open once more for there pleasure. .

Louis has confronted me and spoke with me, his betrayal was not what it had seemed to be. . Iv forgiven him, and told him not to pay mind to Jadows threats, he gave up such rights to do as he wished in my life the moment he saw fit to hurt me so.

Lull has found out of the recent events. . .She was furious. . .She has sworn to make those who have crossed me so, pay for such. . As a us both being Witches iv found no words of Hala saying she could not make those who have wronged others pay. . .Louis says Elle is naive, one with her head in the stars. . .iv asked Lull not to do anything, to leave such alone. That harming her will not fix anything. . .She refuses. . .Iv herd of others confronting both Jadow and Elle on such. . .Why have they done so. . .can they not know that the more they continue to stir things up, the more it tears at me. .

While staying at the lodge, there has been some good to come from such. Iv begun to master my art of using herbs. . .iv learned many recipes thus far. Perhaps if i should master such a skill, i will have a future in the Port.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
While along my usual trek back and forth from the Lodge to the Crypt to find herbs, i came across a spot iv never much looked into before. A bit of land with some deep holes that seemed to run deep under the farm land. As well as a circle of interestingly placed stones. The spot was quite peaceful and beautiful, i think iv found a small spot to call me own when i wish to be away from everything of late.

After finding the tunnels i headed towards town to see if i could find one who would wish to go with me, i happened to find Louis reading by the gallows, i stopped to ask him if he would have any interest in such, he readily agreed. Oddly though, he presented me with a gift. A silver brooch, i was shocked and pleased to be given the gift. I will wear it happily.

After setting out we took to the underground earthen cave system, killing all the beetles that we found and collect some healing mushrooms as well. At one point we found a part that lead deeper to a area filled with what seemed to be "glowing" beetles. . .Still they posed little match for us both. We dispatched all that was there, before turning and finally leaving the deep underground area. I fear staying down there for a extended amount of time would lead one to eventually being gravely ill. The air is thick and heavy, making it hard to breath, even more so when one is placed under strenuous activities.

Louis seems to grow more content with me the longer we are friends, he has begun to allow me to cast enchantments upon him when they are needed. I fear his body was now accustom to such. . .watching his body contort with the strength enchantments was frightening. . in time, perhaps we will grow accustomed to such as many of us have. He has begun to speak more kindly to me at times, perhaps iv finally placed a crack in the wall he surrounds him self in.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
(She updates her herbal recipes)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:26:46 PM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »
Things may finally be changing. Lull has preformed her ritual. . though she seemed "aggressive" after. I hope she will be better with some rest, my studies into Herbology have furthered. Iv uncovered a few new recipes, speaking of such. . Jadow approached me and gave me a bag of herbs. I wished to reject them. . but the truth be told i require them. . They were there shopping together. . it took everything with in me to not turn and leave in anger, he uttered the same words to her as he did to me.

My armor has come in today, it is surprisingly light and stronger then i had expected. It seems i will need to visit the Port to acquire more dyes to alter it. Things have been slowly getting better, i find my self less angry and hurt as days pass. Though, they do not make it easy, Elle came to buy boots from me. She flaunted her self about with little care of what she had done. I was temped to curse the boots and sell them. . even more so when i saw her speaking with Joachim. . I wish to cut her from every aspect of my life. . .but how can i when she flirts with every man that should cross her path. . .

I met a man last night, he was. . ."different", he says he is a reformed Garda. He was polite and gentle, as well as very formal. . He took me to the Lodge to rest, he ordered me a room for the night, making sure i was well before he turned in for the night. I did not wish to tell him i already had a room, with Elenor and Penelope. I do not think i should tell him of them, until i know him better. I hope i see him again. . .

(The words seem to trail off as if her train of though had faded away)

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
(The page holds some sheet music for a violin)