Author Topic: A Witch Born  (Read 30439 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Re: Miuo Nevai - A Coven Born
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Iv just woken from spending another night with Krow, we had left all our usual areas to go to a place Krow knew of. He wished to go somewhere without others. I worry a little for him, his recent encounter with Vampires has left him a little shaken. We spent the day in each others embrace, feeding our desires and lust. He is changing, he no longer treats me so delicately. The more he is his true self the more i desire him, the touch of his lips leaves me dazed and breathless, i ache for his touch when he is near.

My thoughts drift to my forgotten studies  and other such responsibilities. Is it possible to loose one self so irrevocably in another? Perhaps i should draw a list of the tasks iv still yet to complete. Iv still not finished helping Krow finish learning to read. So many things begin to cloud my mind now as i think of things iv left undone, how is it iv become so lost from my self? Perhaps it is that i am changing, my work as a Halanite Witch is still important to me, and i shall continue my efforts. But i no longer wish to be a single flame in the night to fend the darkness off. I am to tired of trying to aid when it only causes me more harm.

I will help those who seek such from me, perhaps my deeds against those of the dark path will fade into the mists that swirl about the night as new brave men and women rise up against the night who have more strength then I. I just wish a life of calm and small adventure, not a epic tale against the darkness that plagues these lands.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
I'v begun to try and pick up my studies once more, it is hard to continue after so long. My studies into herbs is moving along well, iv identified a new herb as well as discovered a new recipe. I fear my studies into Hala are still lacking as i try to figure out a suitable layout for my time, what i must fit in is as follows.

Studies/Work:
*Hags and their Environment: Chapter III
*Manipulation of the Weave: Chapter IX
*Herbology & Potion Making: Chapter XII
*Sowing & Tailoring: Chapter: IX
*Battle wounds & Mending: Chapter: II
*Foraging & Fire Building: Chapter V
*Krow: Reading

Just looking at the tomes leaves me feeling weary, the efforts i put in thought will be worth it in the end. Iv had thoughts of attempting to create a coven once more, i thought of such when Krow asked me to tell him of Hala. My heart jumped at the chance to speak of her, sometimes i feel as if she is a secret. I wish we were not hunted so, that their could be a running Hospice with in the city where we were saw as a blessing and not a threat. Krow has told me how much he cares for me once more, i could not help tell him of how just the touch of his lips send me into a blind daze of pleasure. When he told me that no other had ever given him a massage i felt guilty at all the times he has tended me so. .

I think iv come across a weak spot, we had been swimming earlier when i had begun to kiss along his collar bone softly when he nearly went under the water because he had forgotten to keep moving. I blush even now thinking of doing such to him again, brining him only pleasure as he brings me. I wish to chase all of his shadows away as he has done for me when we are together.

Iv run into Lull and was over joyed at being able to see her once more, it is truly true then that she is alive. Iv much to tell her, i will have to find her soon and tell her of everything. I do not wish to retell her of my horrors, i will warn her best i am able without telling her everything. I hope she does not think i a bad witch for what iv done. Nor do i hope she will condemn Seaori. Seeing her also brings memories of Penelope up, have i truly done the right thing? Is she better off for now, away from danger free to grow up in almost complete peace. Away from hate and anger, folded away in the folds of love and care. I still see her frequently, but perhaps i will take Krow with me soon so he may at least meet her and know her as i wish him to. Eventually i do wish to once more have her as my daughter, but such will never be possible till i'v a stable home and life to offer her. I'v no right to claim her as my own if it will only endanger her. . .

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:43 PM »
Things took a turn for the "odd"? I had ventured to the Vardo to acquire several bags as well as a necklace and possible a ring. Upon entering i talked with one of their members for a few moments before the chest lying on the counter abruptly attacked us. It was not the only thing, more and more furniture became animated and attacked till i finally left. There was something else as well. . .something disturbed him enough that it distracted him from the current events but it was not something i saw. When i returned the next day i did not wish to say anything with other customers there, perhaps i will see Jinx about and may ask her.

I am left infuriated, the Drains laws are flawed. Perhaps i will no longer take up residency there for as long as that thing wanders about free to kill any it wishes and drag them back to the Drain. Soon those who walk the surface will begin to punish the Drain for it's actions. He has threatened to take my life should i tell Senies. But Senies has made it clear his actions are with in the rules of the Drain. . .

A goblin i know of named "Squib" seeks to try and have me use the weave to help alter him to resemble other Goblins. I do not know what to do, the process would likely lead to madness from the sheer extent of pain, deformities, and other lingering side effects.

Iv spent another night in Krow's arms, i still blush when i think of our actions. He does not seem so entirely bound with the same hesitation as others. I find my self more drawn to the man i am coming to know rather then the man i first met. He brings me pleasure in ways no other has done so thus far. His passion and intensity leaves me wanting more. I am growing more addicted to him then i care to voice. Is it wrong to want another so much? I feel it wrong to admit i am so enthralled with another, but how is it wrong to love another so deeply? Perhaps i feel it wrong to admit it to my self because I fear i will loose him as well.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
I am left troubled and slightly displeased with what i was able to obtain. The man who tried to kidnap me has approached me, we argued before he threatened me. It took so much strength to not let him see how much he frightened me. . .We've come to a agreement. We will compose a contract, that he nor any of his underlings may harm me in any way, nor any five i choose as well. For such, i am bound by the contract to silence my words against his person. Such should be seen as a great feat, but i still feel responsible for any he may pray on in the future. . .

Iv come to know Morticia was once his apprentice, how odd that so many here are woven into the lives of other. However, it must be said that he and Morticia are very similar. Both double edged blade capable of acts of great good as well as evil, as well as both being greatly powerful. I will work on writing the contract i must make it as exact as possible so there may be no room for him to find a out. I still do not trust him. But i must place some faith into him that he will honor this as i will.

I think it only fair that who ever should break this agreement will forfeit their life as punishment.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »
We've signed the contracts, We both hold a copy now. (The contract is neatly folded into three sections and set between the pages)

I Alexander Silvanus here by swear that I or any of those serve for me will not bring harm in any way or form to Miss Miuo Nevai. Nor to any of the five she choose. Should any of those that  serve under me act against Miss Miuo Nevai, will be punished by my self.

I Miuo Nevai here by swear that for as long as the said party above maintains their word, I will no longer speak of the past actions of the said party above nor meddle in future actions of said party.  Should those who already have knowledge of such events confront me of my previous actions, I am to remain indifferent and continue to claim that I am unsure of who has done such.

Should either party break this contract, they shall forfeit their life to the other, so that said party may decide upon punishment.

(The following signatures are signed it what appears to be blood)

Miuo Nevai
Alexander Silvanus

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »
Iv come to know Krow's true name, Nathers Krow Osiri Karasu-ki d'Sivis. His name is a mouthful, i find my self stumbling over it now as i try to write it down. He has made me promise to never call him "Nathers", at least in public. I thought i had lost him today, we had entered the Vampire Ruins, and were moving about with ease till a vampire iv never seen before tried to attack us just after we had rested and i had begun to weave my enchantments over us. Luckily Krow's companion Sasha fended him off till we were both ready. He fell shortly after little match for out concentrated efforts.

We had begun to head out to go lower when a female Vampire with power iv never seen any of their kind wielded attacked us, at first i thought she to would fall quickly. She only taunted us and fled cowardly when she became over powered. Krow told me to flee after he had managed to knock her down, i did as he asked. I waited and waited for him to come out, he never did. I prepared my self and used the only potion i had to cause me to become unseen. I found him near the exit bloodied and paled, i forced him to drink some of a healing tonic as we fled. .

It is my fault. . .i pushed us to quickly to keep moving to get as far away from the Ruins as possible. We ran right into a large pack of Werewolves, i easily defended and attacked. Krow. . .he was not prepared and still suffering the effect of the Vampire. They mauled him furiously, watching them hurt him only made me more furious. I hacked and slashed at anything that moved or came near me, they fell one by one to my blade and wraith.

I managed to get him to the Herbalists Hut, where i used the powers Hala has given me to weave his soul and body back together once more. I did everything i could to mend his wounds and the effects he suffered. But it was not enough, his skin remains paled. The color of death, i fear the Vampire that brought him down and fend on him was no simple Vampire Feedling, perhaps a creator of their kind?

We spent the night together. . .he changes daily, the more he changes the more i desire him so. I am left weakened and sore from our night together. . I find my self unable to speak of the countless pleasures he brought me this night. My face burns with the heat of the sun just recalling these memories. He refused to allow the pleasures he offered to stop, till i was to exhausted and weak to beg for him to continue. He has promised that the next night we spend together will not be one i will be allowed to fully enjoy. Is it wrong for me to enjoy his games so, or that i desire the Krow i am comping to know more intimately then the man i first met?

I pray the goddess allows me to keep him here, it is all i desire of this world now. To be able to spend it with him and Penelope, their life will be over in the blink of a eye in comparison to what i am gifted with. Should she allow me just this lifetime with the, I would devout the rest of my long life to only her and her efforts.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
Little to nothing has happened in the passing days. Edward seem odd though, pale and almost more rugged. Today nature rose up once more, as it had in the past. I pleaded with the Garda to tell others to go inside but they did not wish to listen. Shortly after a large man came forward and started talking to some, but when he sneezed he became almost the same size as me.

Iv managed to acquire funds again since my last shopping experience. I had a most interesting experience, I led five heavily armored men to the werewolves. It felt nice to do so, they did not patronize me or belittle me. They simply followed me with respect and grace. I was a pleasure to travel with them. Iv not seen Krow in a day or so and begin to grow worried. He is still so pale and now favors dark colored clothing. Is it possible the recent attacks on him have left him hurt more then can be seen?

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »
Perhaps iv spoken much to soon about things becoming calm. Iv run into Enric. . .He seems to be a new member of the Vardo. He helped me about a little with letting me in so that i could pick up a order and place another. Upon leaving, he called me "Love". Why did he have to do such? Things for once in my life were going well with out the unwanted drama of a messy complicated relationship.

I worry if i should tell Krow or not, should i worry him with matters that will never be more then just words? I know i no longer have any feelings for Enric as i do for Krow. But a small part of me still cares for him. . .and the tone he used when he called me "love" only made the scars he left upon my heart crack and begin to tear open once more. I feel almost guilty. . iv herd the whispers of what others thought. . .that i rushed things, that i hoped from one man to another with little time between.

I sit here writing in the dark as i contemplate my life and my past choices in what i thought to be love. Faces pass before my eyes, of men i thought i once loved or men who i thought loved me. As well as the faces of men who tried to force me to love them. As much as i feel guilty for moving on, i was the one who was left abandoned and unwanted. He threw me away as if i was a useless bit of trash.

I only wanted him to accept me as i was and to love me, he couldn't. He saw me to much of a freak to even try to be with me. As much as i thought he to be above the blind ignorance of this land, he was just another local who when confronted with risk to them selves backed out. I do not regret my choice, iv a man i love more and more each day.

Even as Krow begins to change slowly, i still find my love for him growing, unbound by a physical appearance. Iv seen his heart and it is what i love so deeply. I'v been separated from him so much lately, i crave to feel his finger tips caressing my skin slowly as i lay against his chest listening to his heart beat so strongly. He has told me that Druids are unable to wear refined metals. My thoughts turned and begun to weave them selves around the thought of a wedding band. . .

I feel shamed to think of such, iv more then i ever wanted. Yet i so deeply want more. I wish to be bound to him before my goddess and all those i hold dear. I could never ask such from him though, i saw the way he grew uncomfortable when i had teasingly tied a thread around him and said i had put a "leash" on him. He shows such care for me though, the "belt" he made for me was not something one could of simply created on a whim. He finds new ways to steal my breath away and keep me on my toes. But always manages to make me feel safe in all ways.

Once more, so much has fallen to the sides and become left undone. My studies still lack greatly, as well as my efforts to grow stronger. There never seems to be enough time in the day for me to do all that i must. So many tomes left unfinished, lessons untaught. I am lucky that Krow has taken some effort to continue trying on his own. I only wish i could find the time to do all that is needed so i could finish most of what i need to learn. At least till i needed to expand further, i so wish to have a scale unskewed by such mundane tasks.

Also to add to my scale of tasks needing done, Squib still seeks to alter him self into a more befitting form. If i do not prioritize soon, i fear i will collapse due to exhaustion with having to always be running about doing something.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »
I am torn between so much now, iv discovered Dante's true plot. As well as much of his actions that he so elegantly kept from me. He seeks to become a "god" through lies. He says so he can obtain the power to return home. He calls him self "Nogan". Alice has brought it to my attention the sort of magic he uses. Something she calls "Blood Magic", just the sound of it makes me shudder. I will need to look further into what this truly is. He has gifted me with trust into his actions. What am i to do? Iv seen him in battle. He is powerful, and i know it to be true that if i should cross him he would likely come after me as well. I know of a weakness though, it is small but it is a weakness. He cringes in almost pain as he listens to his followers prayers.

Alice thinks iv turned my back onto what is right and just, but she knows not what i know. If his magic turns out to be corrupting of the weave, he will leave me with no other choice but to strike out against him. I wish to simply turn away from all this and keep his secret, but i could never forgive my self if something happens that i could of prevented. Perhaps there is a way though. . Alexander and i came to a understanding that was at least better then what could of been. Perhaps i may be able to convince Dante of abandoning his practice of Blood Magic.

Iv longed to see Krow again, we've been apart so much lately. I cooked for him last night despite his thought of my incapability. I almost wish i was my old self sometimes now. I see the way he worries over me, i don't wish to make his life harder. I still see Enric about as well, i still need to tell Krow perhaps. . .i am unsure of how he will take such though. .

Iv been busy lately with handing out potions and trinkets to those who have need for them. Iv met a man at the Seelie Court who was new to the lands. He said his name was Hallow i believe. I gave him all the equipment i could spare for him. I hope he is able to thrive here.

I will pray to Hala to watch over him so that he may have even the slightest of chance to out live most who come here and vanish into the night.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »
[Updates her recipe list for her potions, as she ponders new combinations for new recipes]

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
[Slipped between the pages sits a contract signed by Miuo and Luciana Armont, the contract looks to be one loosely drafted till a more in depth contract can be drafted]

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
[Her studies are scribed into her tome]

It is very difficult to draw parallels between a Hag’s Psychology  and Biological or “Necrological” development stages can be drawn. Such is because  Hags are with Human Beings. And just like Humans mature mentally at different rates, so do Hags. Behaviour and abilities do not always match up, and those ho would hunt these foul creatures should remain ever aware that each Hag is and Individual.

Hags are cruel and spite filled beings at their core.

Annis Hag: Enjoy visiting Death and Destruction on their surroundings.

Green Hag: Are vain and self centered creatures who can not stand other persons getting attention.

Sea Hag: Go out of their way to ruin lives of others through gossip.

After the change, a deep resentment is added to their already unpleasant nature. Hags, particularly Green Hags, have long life spans, and as they age their hatred of the would grows stronger. It does not matter to the hag that her transformation was dictated by her race, nor does her abilities to hide her hideousness do anything to lessen her resentment. She had the appearance of a monster, and she throws herself into the role of a monster with pleasure. A Hag attempts to subsist on a diet of composed entirely of sentient beings. There is no physiological need for the diet, it is adopted out of pure viciousness.

For their first few centuries, Hags are content by themselves, stewing in their resentment and hatred of other living things while they vent their anger and unnatural urges on hapless travelers who venture too close to their hidden wilderness lairs. The majority of Hags exist in solitude once their tutors depart. A rare young Hag might be invited to join a covey immediately, but will even more rarely accept. Such Hags are exceptionally vile and probably engaged in evil acts even before the change came on.

Annis and Green Hags tend to select fairly desolate areas in which to live and rarely have impact on their vicinity except for the desire to trap and consume intelligent beings. A Sea Hag however are highly obsessive in their desire to obliterate beauty. They do their utmost to destroy wildlife, plants and anything else they find aesthetically pleasing within several miles of their lair, making the presence of a Sea Hags fairly obvious for those who wish to hunt or avoid them. In all cases as a Hag ages their homes become easier to find as they soon cease any attempt to conceal the remains of their victims but instead allow them to litter the glens or coves they inhabit.

Regardless of type, Hags spend much of their time constructing elaborate traps around their lairs. They occupy their minds for weeks on end concocting the perfect ruse to lure victims into them. Sometimes they venture into nearby communities to spread false rumours about wise women, generous druids or friendly dryads or sirines living in the area they call home. As years pass and adventurers and locals continue to be drawn into by the lures and fall victim to their traps, the hags start to view themselves as more intelligent and cunning than others. They come to believe that although their appurtenance may be hideous and twisted, their minds are far superior to all others.

As they age, this viewpoint is reinforced by the fact that they develop an ever growing suite of supernatural powers. As the Hag discovers she has more then natural abilities than she first believed, she is both distracted from her pastime of trapping unwary travelers as she explores her newfound powers. Only becoming further convinced of her superiority. This swiftly evolves into an arrogance unmatched by few creatures. Even the mighty Lich recognizes that someone out there may be stronger. The Hag, however eventually becomes incapable of even conceiving of such a possibility.

Note: The wise and well prepared hunter can take advantage of this conceit.

As hags grow more arrogant they devlop a corresponding contempt for the abilities and achievements of all races save their own. The only achievement that a Hag lives for, is spreading of suffering and the destruction of life and beauty. Eventually, they reach a point where they are no longer content to merely humiliate and murder their victims. They want to have someone admire their “works”. They also feel a growing need to extend dominion over the territory around their immediate homes. To state these desires, Hags need minions. Annis and Green hags almost always gather minions around themselves at some point, while Sea Hags seem to do so only rarely, although it is not entirely unheard of.

It stands to reason a Hags who have reached the stage of their lives where they require minions will move their home and lairs to a region where minions are in abundance. However, some hags may want to further illustrate their power and superiority by forcing communities of evil beings to move to the Hags home instead. A sudden migration of humanoids or increased humanoid aggression towards surrounding communities may be a sign that a Hag has forced the creatures into roles of servants. The same is true in there is a sudden increase or decrease in banditry in a particular region; Hags sometime force evil humans into servitude, particularly when the Hags dwell near civilized territories where goblins and other such night spawn have been driven off.

Each Hag type has different preferred minions. While it is by no means a absolute method of determining which kind of Hag is active given the area, would be hunters can use reports of certain types of monsters as potential warning signs. For example, if a tribe of goblins suddenly appears where few humanoids have been active before, it might be a sign a Hag has moved in bringing her minions with her. The Goblins could be either the Hags minions, or a clan displaced by those minions and forced to take a new home and hunting grounds.

Note: Capturing one of these creatures would offer valuable information.

The choice of minions seems to be tied to the general personality of the Hag types. Such relationship is not surprising, They are after all, intelligent beings, and like all intelligent beings gravitate to beings of like mindset and interests. Even Hags who force minions into servitude must be able to stand the nature and habits of their helpers.

Annis Hag: Are said to rely on evil breeds of giants and ogres, evil treants, or large groups of lesser humanoids such as goblins, hobgoblins. Annis Hags choose their minions for their physical strength, they care little for their minions intelligence. They choose minions who can inflict the greatest amount of  carnage in the shortest amount of time. Annis rule their minions by fear, through threats of death and destruction.

Note: The only exception to this seems to be a little-known race of reline shape shifters known     as the “Paka”, who according to record have some sort of relationship with the Annis and supposedly offer their services to any Annis who asks for them. They are known as “Cat People” to the Vistani, the Paka are an ancient and sinister race that dwells in isolated villages in the most distant corners of our realm, it is not uncommon to find a Annis Hag living near them. The Paka are generally pleasing to the eye in either human or hybrid (Humanoid Cat) forms. The Paka are apparently raised to fear and hate those who are not of their own kind. Apparently they believe some gross injustice was committed against their breed in the distant past, and they are now dedicated to avenging themselves upon the world. The Paka although consumed with revenge do not appear to be without gratitude when kindness and mercy is shown to them.

Green Hag: Are said to rely on evil forest creatures for their minions, or else lead large hordes of bandits and humanoids. While Green hags are attracted to minions with great prowess and potential to spreading chaos and destruction, they tend to look for intelligence and the ability to take the initiative as well. Green Hags are as hateful as their cousins , but they are still quite vain at their core. They cant to be surrounded by minions capable of appreciating their brilliance of their schemes and traps. Green Hags mostly secure their minions by  promising them wealth and protection of their great powers. Since Green hags are capable of delivering both such minions usually serve our a sense of loyalty as well as fear of the Green Hags rage.

Sea Hag: Once more Sea Hags seem to be the most pathetic of their kin, when it comes to minions. They employ undead beings that are barely aware of their own existence such as zombies. Such unnatural monstrosities do nothing to state the Hags need to be acknowledges for their superior intellect, which probably makes these Hags grow even more spiteful towards the world. If they must answer the need to have someone recognize their brilliance, Sea Hags turn to evil water dwelling creatures such as Sahuagin and Reavers.

Note: Reavers are considered myth.

In all cases, a Hag who has gathered minions makes them dwell no more than a quarter-mile from her home. In most cases, a Green Hag actually dwells among her minions. Keeping a close eye on them. Occasionally, if a adventurers are sighted, she passes herself off as a maiden who has been captured by the evil humanoids. She reveals her true nature and attacks her would be rescuers before they have the opportunity to do serious harm to her followers.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »
My hand is sore and cramped from my studies, but i wish to add in the events of late before they become to distant in my mind.

The most interesting bit of events of late is that a Dragon was sighted just in the outskirts. It was blood red and spoke with what seemed to be a Barovian accent. Those near by spoke of such after, calling it a Mages hoax. I am left baffled and stunned at such, iv never seen one wield such power. And the though of one being able to use such power is slightly frighting. Though the dragon did not come forth to cause terror or harm. Rather it came to settle a fight and urge us inside.

Iv walked to the Port and back, in hopes one there would accept my bounties. Iv had no such luck, i must look for a means to turn such in for they reward they possess. Iv seven relics now, as well as one head that is being kept preserved. I shudder at the though of carting it about my bag.

Iv spent another night with Krow, iv missed him so. Iv missed his touch so, i feel as if a part of me is missing when he is gone for so long. Such only makes the pleasure he brings me ever more so pleasurable. Every moment we are together i crave his touch more so then the last, i know my writings begin to sound like the ones before it, but i no not any other way to word it so. It is all i think of, each pleasure he brings me, each sinful desire i begin to form. I find my self drifting to memories of us together when i enter reverie, more often then not of us coupling. I still dare not tell him of truly how much i am his, or how much i wish for him to mark me as his and only his.

It seems the more he is away though, the more men approach me, as they offer compliments and words of seduction. I fear what Krow would do if he found another trying to flirt with me. I am happy to say it grows easier each encounter with Krows animal forms to recognize him. Iv also come into possession of a rather odd wand, it seems to work with my studies of manipulation of the weave. I will study the wand further and see about it's origins and if it is something worth keeping.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »
Today has been most stressful. I had found Krow at Tser Pool and he asked me to join him, we soon met up with others he was planning to travel with to Perfidious. I soon herd word of one of the men who had maimed me in the past was going to join us. I quickly told them of his actions. We eventually decided to carry on with out the one man and two others due to some issues between them and another member of our party.

After eventually giving up after killing a few demons we decided to head back to find the other two with the man. The Morning Lordian asked to speak with me. He has told me that the man has claimed to be under the influence of the six fingered man. The Morning Lordian swears on everything he holds dear that the man is telling the truth and i have promised to hold him to this. I do not share his faith in this man, i saw him then and now. He is just as filled with hate and ignorance as he was then. I have sworn to see him as a enemy till he seeks atonement for his actions.

Iv managed to collect a set of Horns from one of the devils. I will see of the Vardo can make them into a Bow for me.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
Tonight was filled with the unending blood shed spilled by the creatures of the night, as i had come to enter the outskirts i saw many wounded and people struggling to contain a were beast. I thought they in need and quickly rose in defense. Upon falling the creature the man turned on me and attacked me. It is the last i help when i am not asked for it. I should of had him slain as well and left both to be disposed of. As the moments crept by something horrid happened wave upon wave of were creatures came from the night including one massive beast twice the size of any normal one.

It slay'ed and maimed many others, as day came forth a small party asked me to lead them into the wolves den for revenge and that is exactly what we got upon the beasts of the night. There numbers have been trimmed some. Let us only hope this will keep them from growing so bold again.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:25 PM »
Things are wondrous at the moment, Vanquist Lenore has decided to follow in the path of Hala. And in turn wishes to join into helping me create a Coven. He has also asked that i teach him all that i know and as much as i can. I look forward greatly into mentoring him. I feel as if Hala has finally given me as task to do other then that of which she usually expects from me.

I had fallen earlier this day in the sewers of the Port. To some sort of massive beastly bug type creature, Vanquist and Sqiub were with me as well. A Hin came upon us and rescued up only to demand payment after. I would of rewarded him for such, and more so if he had not done such.

Iv decided to begin to start doing the rituals for Hala once more, creating the items that connect a witch to the weave as well as giving thanks to Hala and the like. I look forward to having another join me.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »
I am still lost at the events of late and do not know if i should dare to try and decipher them. But i feel i must at least record them, it all began when Vanquist and i had begun to arrange our offering to Hala. We had almost finished when i herd something from the woods. I had gone to see if it was someone in need of aid when a vile putrid rotting skunk attacked us. Once it was slain i fled into the circle and tried to ready. But we were over come much to quickly. Hords of dead rotting forest animals and farm animals came for us.

We both fell to what came for us, i awoke in what seemed like a cellar or basement with a horrifying figure before me. Her skin was blackened and burnt looking. Bits of flesh pealed away to reveal bone and muscle only to heal and have such happen else where. She tried to persuade me that i was hers and was i was taken from her and hidden. She wanted to make me into what i was before "They" had stopped us?

The more i tried to reason with her the more angry and unstable she became. She lashed out and cut me before she demanded i pray, i did so readily as i prayed to Hala to help the entity before me find peace and understanding to move on. The more i preyed the more she seemed to weaken till she vanished from my sight all together. It is only now that i think she to be the spirit of a Hag.

When she vanished i found my self weakened to the point i lost consciousness. I awoke to another place, that i do not think of this world. I saw two Sisters there though and fled to them to ask for aid. As i did a women came from behind and told me it was alright now, that i had been pulled into a war that was not my own. She told me to rest, that she would protect me.

I remember little before i awoke in the halls of the Orphanage, as my old self. The size of a average elf. A man found me and brought me to another in charge, only it was the women who told me to rest. When i demanded answers she said she did not recall this and thought that i was a Hag.

I fled from there to where it all had began. I slayed the remaining beasts and found Vanquist corpse there lifeless. I brought him to the inner circle. I knelt at the offering and prayed to Hala for aid. I prayed and prayed, till a old women came forth i do not think she meant well and i am glad what she tried to do failed. Hala eventually herd my pleas. A beacon of light illuminated the offering, only when her idol came into the pillar of light did she speak to me. She mended Vanquist so that he could live once more.

She asked me about what it was i wished for, when i said i wished to be small once more she told me that such was a curse. I was foolish and argued this. She told me that it was going to make me ill, that soon all i would know is misery.  I am ashamed to admit now that i see the truth in her words and that i was fooled by this. She said i had remained un-effected because of my strong faith. But such would not last. I know this to be the truth because Hala has said it her self. As well as seeing what has become of my sister Seaori the very thing Hala warned of has long since befallen her.

In her finally moments with me she said that i have served her well thus far, she has left me with a token as well. A ring, her ring with a message upon it. I believe this a sign to continue as i have been. I see the truth for what it is now. This is the path i am meant to walk, my judgment was tainted slightly. But it could not fully do so as it did with my Sister. It may of fooled me into thinking that such was the form i was made for but it could not falter my path. And now i know this is my true form and this to be my path.

Hala smiles upon Vanquist and I, we will not shame her faith in us.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »
Tonight is the first night Krow and i have been together since iv become like this. Nothing can rival the pleasure i experienced with him, i am at a loss of words of how to begin to explain the emotions and pleasures i felt. I could not keep my self from him the entire night, it is only when we were both to worn that we rested. I do not think iv been closer to him. I find my self becoming more excited by his more rough nature then before. At one point when i was lost to my senses, i nipped at his skin. I did not mean to but it seemed that i had bit harder then i had meant and cut him a little. He seemed to enjoy it greatly, i can not wait to further experience all of what it means to truly be together with him. I am free to walk in the daylight with him now through the city or outskirts. I am over joyed and thank Hala for opening my eyes.

I will seek Seaori out and speak with her about altering her ritual, i think Hala wishes us to rid such from our selves. THough i think her Lem, her lover may of died. . neither of us has seen him in a long time now.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:41 PM »
[She updates her Recipes]

Tonight we preformed a ritual in a new location, i am glad that we have come across such a place. Vanquist is actually the one to discover it. I begin to think the place in which we first chose as our own to be tainted. Both times i temped to preform a ritual it ended horribly for all involved. This morning all went as planned, with out trouble of any kind. I plan to let Vanquist lead the next, i think he is worried of messing it up or shaming him self. Iv told him however that as long as such comes from the heart it will all be just fine. I wish to also show him the Hospice tomorrow.

I am reminded of the place i came across and have fallen for. Iv showed Krow it, he seems to adore it just as much as i do. There is shelter, and water and fresh game. Even a small waterfall. Such is almost perfect to settle down at. But i fear with it so close to the Vampires and Werewolves that it would not take long before we began to have problems.

Over the past day or so iv come to master many new recipes, i am overjoyed at learning so much. I will soon be in mastery of most such common potions. There are still some surprisingly difficult ones iv still not been able to master. Iv payed a visit to the Vardo and requested a set of armor made. I was told it possibly the most expensive piece to possibly ask for. let us hope it is worth the price then.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
[She updates her recipes once more]

So much has happened in such a short time. Seems another Caliban child has been found, it was given to Lull, shes asked me to take the child. Feeling she is unable to give it a proper home or safe home at this moment. She has named him "Nobody", and has said that this name is important to her. I Shall respect her choice of such and will raise him as if he were my own as well. With things changed i will have to move things up, i travel now to the Port to meet with Elenor to talk about Penelope. Iv just had a thought, perhaps i will give Nobody to Elenor. I know she is sorrowful over this all, i think she will enjoy having another child to be her own. I will speak of such to her when i arrive. He is a beautiful baby boy, similar to Lull in having hooves as well.

Our Covens name has been decided upon, we shall be the Coven of The Weeping Rose. Iv finished our symbol as well, Van seems to like it as well. I think i will plan to have it tattooed onto me as well, perhaps on the back of my neck. We've also begun to keep files on those we treat, i hope things continue to progress well. I fear what i must tell Krow, i do not wish to keep secrets from him. But should he find out i fear what may happen to Van. We had tempted the spiders and failed, we sought shelter at the place i showed Krow. Van had stripped down to nothing and washed in the waterfall, and than simply sat by the fire nude. I was shocked, and embarrassed i had no idea of what to do. He eventually dressed much to relief.

A few nights ago, a carriage came from the mists. Followed by a small cluster of what seemed to be zombie like men. Lull fell, i am thankful i was able to save her in time. Luckily, they were all cut down quick enough and then disposed of. Van and I stumbled across a startling discovery, we found a coffin with in the sewers. Not far from the Drain. We quickly stuffed it away in one of my enchanted bags and then fled. When dawn came we destroyed it, i hope the Vampire it belonged to was slain while we had it.

Krow has asked me to marry him, more so told me i was. Still i am thrilled over such, I can not wait for such to happen. We have decided to bring Penelope back to me, so that we may be a family. Krow has even suggested we pick a new name for our selves. I am blessed by the goddess to be given so much love and joy, as well as to feel such joy from giving so to others. I truly think my life here will be beautiful and filled with more love then i ever thought possible for me.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
[Updates Recipes]

Things have been going well, iv met with Alexander once more to talk about our contract. Some interesting changes came up and i think we are seeing eye to eye more clearly now. He does not seem as bad as he comes off as on the surface, he seems guarded and hostile. He has given me permission to tell those of my Coven of our contract as well as having them agree to the terms of such in the Port. That "The Family" as it seems his group is being called owns the slums now, meaning that nothing happened there he does not know of. All passers through there are "taxed" Bounty hunters and merchants are taxed a percent of their makings. While Halanite's are taxed enchantments and healing. I find this to be fair, considering they are bettering the place indirectly as well. I will tell Vanquist of this the next time i can be alone with him.

Seems his lover was attacked by a vampire, i will give him time to be alone for now and be with her as she gets better. Seems as if Krow and i are having less and less time to spend witch each other. So much pulls us in opposite directions regularly. But such makes those few short moments we are together all the more sweeter. Today we traveled to the Mage tower, the contents with in it were beautiful. Perhaps i will take Krow to the place near Midway, I think he may enjoy it. Iv spoken with Elenor and have begun to arrange things. She will be Adopting "Nobody" as her own, everything will be made final next i visit her. When i do Penelope will be returning to the Seelie Court with me, i think we shall stay there. Since it is closer, and just as safe for her. The Port is far to expensive and dangerous at the moment, as well i wish to start my Coven here. Not there, Hala's name is already common there, I wish to start my own here and help spread her name.

Iv been given a gift lately, from one i never though i would receive such from. Iv been told they are only entrusted to me till iv no longer need for them. Chang has given me what seems to be a rare pair of gloves. At least to me, iv never seen such before in any of the markets or the Vardo stock. They seem to aid in the healing of others while also helping fend off the effects of negative energies.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »
Once a Hag has reached this stage in her psychological development and has secured power over her minions, she moves in one of two directions. She either seeks to band together with other hags in what they refer to as a “Covey” [A pooling of magical resources and abilities that allows the Hags to weave spells more powerful and destructive than any one of them could hope to do alone] or she succumbs to an almost irresistible urge to bear offspring. The former decision is strictly related to the Hags free will, while the latter is almost assuredly driven by the natural instincts in all species, no matter how unnatural, to perpetuate themselves.

For Hags, the urge to procreate is both physical and psychological. The urge is almost as great as it was to leave civilization when a Hag was entering their change. Such a though may prove appealing to Hags, because the child would likely be very similar to its mother and long be wreaking havoc on the world once the Mother Hag was gone.

Green Hag: The urge to procreate happens once a century after the age of four hundred or so.

Of the three Hag types, the Green Hag is the one most concerned with long term planning. There does not appear to be any particular differences from one Hag type to the other when it comes to procreation, except for a single horrendous ability reportedly possessed by certain Annis Hags.

Annis: The ability to magically transfer their unborn child into the womb of a pregnant female. No evidence exists to prove this myth, but should still be kept in mind none the less.

Younger Hags who join Coveys often manage to suppress the urge to bear children when it comes over them. Once a Covey is formed, the Hags become too jealous of any child that one of their members bears for the infant to survive, unless they can somehow arrive at an agreement which leads to all three of them bearing children at the same time. However there might be those Hags who never feel the need to join a Covey because the continue to have a child every few years. This allows them to increase their ability to spread chaos and pain by the very act of procreation, first by the suffering they undoubtedly visit on the poor unfortunate who fathers their children, and second by foisting yet another hag on the unsuspecting people of our lands.

As there is no male counterpart to Hags, they must be impregnated by males of other species. Evidence indicates that Hags can only mate with Humans or Half-Elves. The most common method in which to secure mates is to lure and unsuspecting traveler into her embrace using her ability to take on a pleasing appearance. Particularly powerful and sadistic hags may use certain abilities that they develop later in their lives in order to cloud the minds of men and lure them to their arms without even cloaking their forms.

A Hag knows the moment she is with child, once she has been impregnated, she slays the father. Much like a Black Widow spider does with her mate. The gestation period for and infant Hag is roughly nine months, identical with that of a human infant. Shortly after the child is born, most hags perform the switch, although few may take steps that are a little more elaborate that that. Despite their biological need to bear young, most hags do not appear to have much of a maternal instinct. Most hags abandon their children soon after birth,  usually switching them with normal infants, as mentioned previously. The mother then typically never sees her child again, nor does she give it a second though. Thus does this evil girl [Hag] grow up ignorant of her true nature until the change happens to her and a Hag eventually arrives to tutor her. This invariably causes the new hag to develop a hateful outlook. By abandoning the child to suffer the bizarre ravages of the change, the hag ends up nurturing the attitude that is a defining quality of her race.

The basic Hag Covey consists of three Hags, there is theoretically no limit to the number of hags that can be part of a Covey. However only three are required to execute the mightiest of the covey’s abilities. The base Covey is always composed of three Hags, although they can be in any combination of Hag types. The specific powers and abilities of a individual Covey varies, reflecting the interests and goals of the Hags that comprise them.

Like solitary hags, Coveys dwell in relatively isolated places, typically glens deep with in forests. Here, the Hags inhabit small caves or shack, while their minions live in hovels or caves nearby. Each Covey is guarded by a large number of Hag minions. It is virtually impossible to predict who or what these might be, or how many creatures might be in the service of the Hags, but there does not seem to be a Covey in existence that does not have at least a few minions.

A Covery has more use for minions than individual hags do. Hag Coveys not only tend to take more prisoners than solitary Hags, but they also engage in actives that may open them up top attack by cunning foes. They research unique magical forms, Covey spells and Covey rituals. Prisoners are frequently used as raw materials to further their magical researches. More often than not, those poor souls who are imprisoned by Hags would be better off dead.

Telltale signs allow travelers and Hag hunters to recognize whether they have stumbled onto the dwelling place of a Hag Covey. First, near every Hag Covey is a clearing strewn with the bones of dozens or hundreds of Humanoids, the remains of countless Hag meals. Although this clearing need not necessarily be adjacent to the glade where the Covey lives, it is certainty that it is nearby. Hags never bury their victims remains, leaving them exposed to fate and the elements both as an act of blasphemy and so that they may have a ready supply of bones for use in powerful Necromantic magic.

Second, every Hag Covey will have one of more pits within which they keep their prisoners. While Goblins and other humanoids may keep prisoners in pits as well, those pits rarely as heavily guarded as those found near a Covey lair.

Least vile among the activities that a Covey undertakes is spell research. In the claws of Hags, magic is only used for twisted and evil purposes. As solitary Hags devote much their time to devising traps for unsuspecting victims, Hag Coveys likewise spend a substantial amount of time in evil-natured spell research.

Coveys focus much of their attention on wizard magic, but many mages scoff at the quality of a Hags spell books.  Adapting spells used by other types of weave users to their own, as well as inventing new spells or improving already known spells. Covey spell books are primarily devoted to the recording of powerful magical incantations that Hags refer to as “Covey Rituals”. Covey rituals have their origins in the same hazy past that gave birth to the Hag races. Only a Hag is able to cast Covey Ritual spells.

One of the most remarkable and disturbing benefits that a Hag gains from banding together in a Covey is the ability to create magical devices known as a “Hag Eyes”. These are created by magical rituals that are closely guarded secret. A “Hag eye” permit’s the Convey members to view the surroundings of its bearer, no matter where the bearer of the device is. A Hag eye also allows Covey to dispatch its minions on spying  missions and to be sure of receiving accurate information so long as the minion bearing the Hag eye reaches the location of interest to the Hag.
All that is known about the creation of the Hag eye is that the ritual requires a gemstone.  And the left eye of a humanoid being. The rest of the method of their creation remains unknown, but the item clearly yields an effect similar to that of a Wizards crystal ball, or scrying pool. By focusing their will, the Hags who created the Hag eye can view the are around eye by gazing into a cauldron filled with liquid.

Hag eyes appear to be gems of fairly low value they usually set in medallions or brooches of steel, impure silver, or bronze. While Hags typically outfit their minions with the Hag eye they might also, while cloaked in illusions give Hag eyes to their unsuspecting enemies, so Coveys will know their every move. Hag eyes radiate magic and even possesses a curious semblance of life. The attack on a Hag eye that results in its destruction is more devastating than most direct attacks will ever be, particularly against creatures such as Green Hags.

Undoubtedly, the most obscene ability that a Hag Covey bestows on its members is a way to create more members of the foul Hag races. Once a joins a Covey, she can transform females of humanoid races into mature hags, brining the change to them through magical means. They can appear to be able to identify females suitable for the transformation by scent. Spawning rituals are the only ritual that a individual Hag can use if apart from a Covey. However, the ritual never works unless the Hag has been part of a Covey at some point.

Females who are transformed by spawning rituals become slavishly devoted to the Hag who so twisted them, much like a newly risen vampire is loyal to the creature who brought the curse of undeath upon it. Since Hags who come into existence through more natural means are supremely arrogant, a covey that consists of a single “real” hag and two that are created through the use of the spawning rituals will be a Covey that poses a tremendous threat to all innocent people unfortunate enough to dwell near it. Such a Covey will work toward a single goal because it has a clear undisputed leader who’s decisions and goals are never called into question. Hags that come into being through the spawning ritual remain under the control of their creator until they creator is slain. At that time they become their own masters and carry out their own evil schemes. While most Covey rituals are the same regardless of which Hag performs them, though the  ritual to transform a maiden into a hag varies according to the type of Hag, the one common denominator between the rituals is that the females they use are always ones of great beauty. Any woman would be suitable, but the Hags great hatred for all things beautiful causes them to target only attractive females.

Annis Hag: Performs the ritual on the night of a new moon, when she can transform a pure hearted female of any race into a Annis. The Annis picks the victim very carefully, using not only great beauty as a criterion but also selecting women who are widely admired and loved by members of their community

Green Hag: Performs the ritual on any night during which the moon is full. However, the Green Hag ritual can transform only Elven women. Like the Annis, the Green Hag selects women who are well loves in their communities, so they can spread sorrow while gaining a minion.

Sea Hag: Perform the ritual using Hin, Gnome or Dwarf females when the moon slips into full night time eclipse. The sea Hag hold their foul rituals and condemn the poor captives to an existence of horror and misery.

Of the three rituals, the Sea Hag’s is clearly the most difficult, with her victims being more rare the Elves, and even more rarely found in the same area as a Sea Hag. As well as the fact a Lunar eclipse occurs only once every five to six years, means a Sea Hag only rarely performs their spawning ritual. Of course, when the lunar eclipse draws near, there is a good chance that Sea Hags will travel inland to Demi-human communities in search for victims. Unlike their counter parts Sea Hags are not concerned with the beauty of their victims, on that they are pure of heart and of the proper racial stock.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »
Iv finally finished my studies and works upon the "Hags", my next source of studies are the other forms of Weave users that are apart of my Goddess following, or just others i may encounter in my life time. I think it may be useful to be able to distinguish between another weave user and a possible Hag or Hag Covey. Though my hand is sore and feels as if iv subjected it to cruel beatings i do not wish to stop, it has been a long while since iv had so much time to focus on my studies. I wish to do all that i am able to at this moment before i am next distracted by the going ons around. Iv only briefly skimmed through the tome for the next section of works but it contains knowledge of Hala and her Covens and all the like.

[below her entry it seems she starts scribing notes of her studies into her time]

As far the magical abilities that witches and warlocks have been granted by Hala, goes as so. “Witches” primarily cast spells that most closely resemble Priestess’s magic, while “Warlocks” cast spells that are similar to those cast by  Wizards. Both Witches and Warlocks claim that it is the indisputable biological difference in the sexes that causes the weave to manifest itself differently when drawn upon. Though it is not abnormal for there to be men and women of both types. The most fundamental belief of Witches and Warlocks is that they are charged by Hala herself to ease pain and suffering in the land. They believe they have been given access to the most basic element of creation, and with that power comes a responsibility to live up to the trust the Goddess has placed in them.

It should also be said that dark sorcerers and the like call them selves Witches and Warlocks as well, but are in no way of the same as those stated previously.

The ranks of Witches and Warlocks is diverse as the people in the domains of our world. They do not even always agree on how to properly honour their deity Hala. One trait shared by all witches and warlocks, however is a deep and abiding love of privacy.  Another universal trait along witches and warlocks is a love of knowledge. Some witch covens devote most of their activities to recording and storing of knowledge, others seek out and gather magical artefacts of all sorts. They are highly scholarly and inquisitive people and this is why they can be valuable allies of those who would battle darkness. The light of knowledge is our primary weapon.

Witches and Warlocks can detect one another when they are with in close proximity, without using their normal five senses. The connection they share with the weave supposedly resonates in such a way that they can “hear”, “see” or “feel” it in the other person. It is in this way that they can recognize each other-and even recognize someone who has the potential to be a Witch or Warlock who id unaware of it. The ability to draw on the weave for magical power is inherited, and all witches and warlocks in the land are descended from the original thirteen chosen by Hala.

Two physical components must be present in order for a Witch of Warlock to practice magic. The first some sort of object that holds personal significance to the caster, and item that will be used to channel the power of the weave and transform it into spell effects. The item is created though Solemn Rituals, and some of the Witches or Warlocks life force is infused in  it. The second component is the spellbook. As with wizards, the spells of a witch or warlock are arrived at through research and study. The process is very different, however and the results are unlike anything that a wizard would recognize as a spell. There is no residual magic in a spellbook of a Halanite

A witch or warlock can not cast with out their spell focus, if the item is taken away they are unable to cast such spells. Such is the only requirement for the majority of a Witches or Warlocks spells. Although most witches and warlocks are unable to wield the full power of a priestess/priest or wizard, they practice their unique magical abilities to the exclusion of other forms of magic. All the power a Witch or Warlock needs can be obtained by joining a Coven.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »
Today was a busy and eventful day, Vanquist now tittled "Guardian" has completed his first Ritual and crafted his anchor. As well as bought his Tome to use as his Spellbook. We also had a rabble meeting where several issues came up. A thought also came to me about the vampire issue, i wonder if it possible to take the soul of one infected with the vampire infection and transfer it into a body no longer wanted by the previous host. Perhaps some more thought should go to this, thought it seems to be something that may be worth looking into if it can restore balance to those who have lost the right to be apart of the balance of the weave.

We traveled to Hazlan a few days ago, such was a horrid place far worse then Barovia. It had to do with a little girl named Olga, the Vistani and a prophecy years in the making.The day before a skeletal demon in the outskirts appeared seeking Dez, and wanting to know where the girl is. I shall leave this matter to Dez, to many are involved already and i do not wish to become tangled up in the matters with so much going on with my self as well.

The more time that passes i begin to fear i may not be the one able to provide Penelope a safe stable life, the things and tasks i go on to take are not something one with child should do. I think she may be better with Elenor, safely in Port-a-Lucine. I think i will not disturb her life any more so then i have. I will make sure she is well cared for there and can become educated and grow to be a outstanding women of society with her brother now, Nobody.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »
Anchor:
I call upon the ancient fires,
to bring forth a ancient pyre,
craft for me a anchor of the weave,
of blood and spirit,
yet stronger then thee,
forge this ______ in her name,