You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: War Journal ~ Matthieu Montte  (Read 1075 times)

INSTINCT92

• Undead Master
  • Native.
War Journal ~ Matthieu Montte
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »
*A hidden journal, rustic by Dementliese standards. All written in High Mordentish*

My fingers are still trembling. This was a possibilty. It was explained to me, but until it happens,
until it really happens you have 'no' idea.

It all happened so fast. I joined of my own accord. Saw my love away somewhere safe from
the war. So much loss. Pretty much as soon as I joined up and got into uniform we were
fast marched near the board.

It was pitch black, and hard to see anything, let alone the invidians in the woods. Allies to the
scum falkovnians. Our leader was yelling somewhat. Explaining.. A bolt went right through his
throat.

I didn't know what to do. Some of the others started to freak out.. so I calmed them down
despite the panic in my own gut. I took charge, Ezra knows why. But they listened. My fault..

We fled away from the sound of marching. A lone Invidian. We took him out. I never killed
a person. There was no time to reflect. We fled more. One of my comrades took a bolt in
the leg. I wasn't going to leave him behind.. Got another to cover his mouth and pulled it.
Healed him up with my tricks.

One of the men started on at me for ordering them about, saying they should just flee to
Lamordia. Coward I thought. Who am I to think that? I was terrified.. My letters I will write
to my love can not hold these horrors, it would only cause her fear and dread.

The defector ran off. Three men remained with me. Three men whos deaths are on me..
We hurried west. To reatreat to the grand army. We were only four recruits basically..
We spotted two ahead, and dispatched them.. others came from no where as we almost
got away to the west.. Too many.

I tried to heal them, my friends.. My lost friends. The invdian scum saw.. they kept hitting
me.. Cutting me deep, and causing me to fail. They had armour.. we were in cloth.. cloth.
We were falling, we called a retreat and ran.. or tried to. When I woke I saw a comrade
before me. Dead.

I took anything that could be identification. For records.. The sounds of marching had faded
so I assumed they had passed on. Each of them was dead.. so much blood. The horror of it.

Ezra forgive me. My friends forgive me. We were so close. One of them had a letter to their
love, and it mentioned a child. My heart bleeds for them. The pain was unbearable as I
limped on. Will Linnéa recieve such a letter? I hope not.. I promised to come back to her.

Ezra I love her.. I don't thin i'd have managed to limp all the way if i didn't. And this..
Is only my first day.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:16:31 PM by INSTINCT92 »

INSTINCT92

• Undead Master
  • Native.
Re: War Journal ~ Matthieu Montte
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
*Sealed letter*

INSTINCT92

• Undead Master
  • Native.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »

INSTINCT92

• Undead Master
  • Native.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 05:02:49 AM »
((First battle, late post))

Le first battle was insane, we were holding them back but to see so many contrymen die. Just like in the woods...
the battle was long and bloody and no one side pushed either way, I suppose we should be grateful to have held
them off as we did, but at what cost?

At a couple points I thought I was going to die. I was holding my organs in with my hands as blood seeped through
my fingers.. I had used all my tricks to heal already and collapsed. Inari, Linnéa's friend spoke to me but in the
chaos I could only hear parts. Losing blood could not have helped. I was lucky to get a little aid..

INSTINCT92

• Undead Master
  • Native.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 05:10:14 AM »
We were down officers, the general put myself and Geredre, if thats how its spelt, in charge below him.
Not that it made much difference, so many foreigners refusing to listen. Magic being flung all over the place.
Atleast this time it was at them and not us.

It doesn't get easier, seeing your friends die. They had a machine, a machine most horriblé. I have no idea
how they came across it. Did they commandeer it or were they given it? It was like a thousand flintlocks
all firing at once. So many just cut assunder. I tried to call them up, but only a few listened. As I called to
a young conscript, who was busy trying to play hero... He was riddled with bullets, blow sprayed from him
as he was torn to pieces. I was in horror..

Some witch of Hala broke the line and came back annoucnign it destroyed. I would have rather taken hold
and turned the contraption on them, for all they mowed down. They came in waves, and thenn sent what
seemed a caliban.. he was near indestructable, luckily we managed to subdue him and face of the rest
until the falkovnians called for a retreat.

I was not made for war, my eyes were not made to bathe is so much blood. How many more men must I
kill, or see die? How many more times must I cover my hands in falkovnian blood before they stop coming.
I am not cut out for this, i'm suprised i've held it together.. The general mentioned a commendation and
awards. I'm grateful.. So many dead, I wonder if that is only for surviving..