You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: CEP 3?  (Read 1772 times)

kanedellesk

CEP 3?
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »
Okay. I was told the server is on CEP 3, which I have yet to be able to find ANYWHERE to download. I tried to get 2.4 from the vault, but the download gets halfway done and quits, so it's broken. I was thinking I could update it with the 2.4 updater, but how am I supposed to do that when the download breaks? Also, was there a server wipe or something? My old PC's on my old login account are gone.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: CEP 3?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
Sorry, might have been a typo on my part. The latest version of the CEP is still 2.4

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Did you enter your account name entirely correctly? with the broken master server, you might be logging in on a none existant account

Head Trauma

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »
I had the same problem when trying to download the CEP 2.4 through the link here on the forums. What I did was google searched CEP 2.4 and went to the vault from there to download it, and oddly it worked.

kanedellesk

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
Even on the vault it is breaking, unless their is a part 2 to download that I'm unaware of, or just that to run 2.4 you have to have 2.0 or something already in the folders. If that is the case, then I'm just doing it wrong (highly likely) and will have to download the last few versions of CEP too. New computer, old one went bye bye.

EDIT: Bah, I think I'm going stupid in my old age. If I'm understanding this right, 2.4 is an UPDATE of 2.3, the 2.3 DL has all the essential stuff, 2.4 just modifies those. Am I correct? Hope so, since I'm going back and downloading 2.3 right now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:35:09 PM by Inferno »

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 03:23:29 AM »
Not sure if they released a 'full' download of 2.4, but patching 2.3 should work just fine inferno :)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
No, Knas is wrong :P They did release a full 2.4. Using the 2.3 patch tool will break the CEP, so don't use it.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

kanedellesk

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
Okay, I got the 2.3, still not working. Has to be a broken download. Gonna email the cep team and see what I can do about the files that are missing. Wouldn't it be awesome if someone invented something that would let you download individual files without downloading the whole thing again? I think Torr is the latin word for file. And the branching files, like a tree, or an ENT! Yeah, could call it a Torrent!