You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Higher levels clearing lower level content  (Read 30077 times)

Seniies

• Undead Master
Re: Higher levels clearing lower level content
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
i like to do the harvest temple and dry liches

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2012, 05:28:35 AM »
Low is 2-8 in my view.    9-14 mid levels    and 15-20 high.    There is a large gulf in class between those three ranges

Ah, a more in depth answer  :mrgreen: This means that three of my characters are mid level :cheer: and one still a lowbie  :mrgreen:

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
Actually the purpose of this thread is to respect your fellow players, who are of a low level by leaving their dungeons alone.

Almost makes me wish i started a thread about lower levels clearing higher level content before they fixed the pitfiends

It happens also somewhere else, and despite the irony, it happens. At the end, it's always matter of OOC courtesy.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
Actually the purpose of this thread is to respect your fellow players, who are of a low level by leaving their dungeons alone.

Almost makes me wish i started a thread about lower levels clearing higher level content before they fixed the pitfiends

It happens also somewhere else, and despite the irony, it happens. At the end, it's always matter of OOC courtesy.

yeah i took all my levels from level 3 from the mausoleum in barovia village:)

BTW i think it would be suiting if the spawning time would be reduced for all those dungeons near the village, i literally met three groups in the village, the first one cleared everything, the other two just kept on checking, till i told them OOC dont bother, all is cleared.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »
Ya. . .tried moving Miuo to level appropriate areas. . .i sat and wandered about for nearly 4hrs looking for people to rp with. So not doing that again a massive waste of time unless the rp is scheduled.

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
Ya. . .tried moving Miuo to level appropriate areas. . .i sat and wandered about for nearly 4hrs looking for people to rp with. So not doing that again a massive waste of time unless the rp is scheduled.

Yep know the feeling. Try logging on when there is only like 4 people. Then try crafting outside Vallaki area.

The point also comes down to risk vs reward.

Vallaki low risk high reward in terms of crafting supplies, healing potions, and sometimes loot.

Other places I explore so far. High risk low reward. Especially being a fighter or non casting class you burn through potions fast and they can at times be difficult to replace.

Also not to mention carrying a special weapon or one you enchanted. If you die because you went somewhere higher risk, you loose that weapon and with enchanted weapons its like you lost that xp. Double bladed swords cost 13,000 xp. So, you think twice before you solo any where. And with only 4 people on, it is hard not to solo.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:19:27 PM by EberronBruce »

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:52 AM »
money is ment to be spend and not hauled and kept like scrooge mcduck in some warehouse to swim in it.

we also cracked the case.

why arnt there many players somewhere else?
miuo tried to move but no action thus left
eberron same story
tone of others  aswell

now if you stuck with it for awhile eventually people will come and stay  its a matter of commitment. consistancy *nods*
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Springer

• Dark Lord
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
I was spendingg like a real life month in the Village exlusively on my main. And nothing... (sometimes standing for hours on tha main street)
Furthermore because I was part of the faction I had to move back to Vallaki after that anyway.
So its not that simple.
Ricard Dateel
Tullus Araphenson

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2012, 03:54:37 AM »
We don't really have a population to give two hubs alot of activity, so everyone moving to Port, means there will be very little activity in the Outskirts, and the RP everyone claims is bad in Outskirts will move along and be the same somewhere else. This will also make newbies slightly irritated as they can't find any RP

Fen'lo Taaran

• Outlander
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:50 AM »
Our regular Port RP, means generally each of us waits about an hour or two, OOCly, just to get the chain reaction started while we do IRL things. The more people see logged in, that they know will be somewhere, the more that follow.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
money is ment to be spend and not hauled and kept like scrooge mcduck in some warehouse to swim in it.

we also cracked the case.

why arnt there many players somewhere else?
miuo tried to move but no action thus left
eberron same story
tone of others  aswell

now if you stuck with it for awhile eventually people will come and stay  its a matter of commitment. consistancy *nods*

Doesnt seem to be the case...else this same topic wouldnt come up over and over because everyone would have already moved. Instead they come...and then they leave again.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
Sadly im not committed enough to help building a new hub if it means 99% of my chars time will be spent just standing there doing nothing. I play for the purpose of rping so i will go where there is rp.

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
The Port has been very active as of late-  I know my characters are stationed there, as well as many others.  I've not had any trouble finding RP- especially with DM Seraphin always there ready to cause trouble.
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
Sadly im not committed enough to help building a new hub if it means 99% of my chars time will be spent just standing there doing nothing. I play for the purpose of rping so i will go where there is rp.

with how vague the aMPC locater tool is, I think it would not be a problem for other PCs to use it. and it is really vague "barovia-vallaki: 15" is what you see, and it includes everything in vallaki, and the outskirts too; but I think it might be helpful for finding people.

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »
I usually hang around port but it feels most people are in Vallaki. I even visited Vallaki and all I wanted was to get out asap. I don't like the way people act in the outskirts.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
I was spendingg like a real life month in the Village exlusively on my main. And nothing... (sometimes standing for hours on tha main street)
Furthermore because I was part of the faction I had to move back to Vallaki after that anyway.
So its not that simple.

am there for awhile now few months i think, yes not many come by, and i even go to vallaki when i cant stand it anymore but overall i stick to it hoping plain ol hopin.

i find the rp in the port or the village more rewarding anyway   often chars well not often you need a few levels to get that far   but it basicly means the chars have more history on them thus are a little more intresting to encounter and rp with.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company