Author Topic: Adding Spell changes to Journal Entry  (Read 1481 times)

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
Adding Spell changes to Journal Entry
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »
With so many changes that have been done to the various spells and other skills on this server. Is there any chance that a list of these changes and what they mean be added to a relevant topic in the journal so we can referrence it in game when we need to. I personaly would like this cause I have a terrible memory for these types of things and often get confused when I look at a spell descript and wonder why the spell does not do what the default descriptions describes.

You could title the entry as "OOC - Spell and Skill changes" or something along those lines. What do you think?

Nemien Callishan

• Ezrite Anchorite wannabe
  • Dark Lord
Re: Adding Spell changes to Journal Entry
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Well they could just edit the .tlk file wich would effectively edit all the in game spell descriptions to "do what they say on the tin". But for some reason that hasn't been done yet. Probably because it's incredibly laborious and time consuming.

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Which is why I think just adding a journal entry would be the easier option. I made this thread though cause I made the same comment  in game and was told to post the idea, seems like a good one you know ;)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Well they could just edit the .tlk file wich would effectively edit all the in game spell descriptions to "do what they say on the tin". But for some reason that hasn't been done yet. Probably because it's incredibly laborious and time consuming.
ha, I just thought of that and posted it in the dev forums about a minute ago! :lol:

That would be the best method, I don't think it's ever occurred to anyone before, actually. Editing tlk entries is a pain in the butt, but I think it would be worth it for all the spells we've altered over the years.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »
If you guys did edit the tlk files to reflect the changes made to spells that would be too awsome for words  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:04:26 PM by Honoun »

BalorVale

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 05:49:33 AM »
+1, Poor newbies might get confused. Good on you guys for being on top of this.