Author Topic: Temporary Stat Decreaser  (Read 961 times)

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
Temporary Stat Decreaser
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »
This is something I've been interested in posting about for a long time.

Basically, what this is, is an item that you can use as a player to create say.. a ring that you can equip, with negative stats.  As players, this would allow us to show engine-wise the current negatives that are effecting our characters.  

An example:
My character Adelaide D'Amore has a naturally high charisma.  She usually gets along with most people, she's reasonable good looking ect ect.  Her charisma score reflects this.

However, after recent events, this isn't so much the case.  Both stress brought on my IG events and her opium addiction have really been taking a toll on her.  She's not eating, far more often than not she's dirty and unbathe, she's extremely easy to upset, and she'll snap at almost the slightest provocation.  All of which are characteristic of a character that has a low/lower charisma.  With said item, it would allow me to lower my charisma score to better reflect my character's IG condition.  Not only will rolls be lower, but also the server-specific examine will show this correctly lowered score.

I personally find it to be a good idea that could help enhance (if ever so slightly) the effects that RP has on our characters.  But of course, I'm only one person, and I can't know everything, so I'm curious what everyone else thinks about something like this being implemented.
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

BeautifulSorcery

• Undead Slayer
Re: Temporary Stat Decreaser
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
I feel like this is a great idea for RP purposes! Say you want to RP being ill for a short while when it makes sense. Lower your con. Say you want to RP being drunk for longer than the actual drink debuff lasts. Lower your INT and WIS. That way if something were to happen that effects these things they can actually be considered by the engine. If you want to RP being beaten harshly.... I think you get it by now. I like this idea a lot and I have found myself wishing something like this existed more than once while I have played here.