Author Topic: Suggestion: In-game time on the Server Info tab  (Read 986 times)

Kagetora

• Undead Master
Suggestion: In-game time on the Server Info tab
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
It would be very handy to be able to click on the Server Info tab on the Login screen and see not only how many people are on, but what time it is in-game. 

I know I leave characters in out-of-the way places a lot (always somewhere "safe", mind you), and these characters frequently cannot or do not travel at night.  Its just a pure time-waster to log them on only to realize its midnight, AGAIN.   :lol:  Then go back through the login process (sometimes twice if I am switching accounts) in order to get someone logged in who can actually play.

A minor issue, I know, but after the 100-bazillionth time of it happening again this morning, I thought I would suggest it.

Nurlithion

• Undead Slayer
  • Player name: gfgfgfgfgf
Re: Suggestion: In-game time on the Server Info tab
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
Seconded for great justice!
Soren d'Deneith - Eberronian human two-bladed swashbuckler, headstrong but good-hearted and strong of arm.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
Current date in the Barovian calender might be nice to see also.

NightShadow

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
I'm not sure if that sort of thing would be possible, unless it was able to update every few minutes without a reset.

Still, many other servers have a server status webpage, which says the date, time, as well as those who are logged in, sometimes even how long the server has been up, or if it is currently down.

A similar thing for this server would be a useful tool.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Reigh

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
Yeah the date in barovia would be great for RP purposes!