Author Topic: [Suggestion] Corpse Organization in ML Sanctuary  (Read 10965 times)

Thoraion

• Undead Master
Re: [Suggestion] Corpse Organization in ML Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »

Should lower that to level 7 even 6, most of the players in Ravenloft don't even get to level 10. They usually get killed and not raised..(whos going to pay 20000 fang for a badly wounded, burned level 10**) or Perma'd.
:thumbdown:
Currently playing:
no characters, will eventually be back

Characters in stock:
- Darian Eisenhand        - Ansgar "Frettchen" Ostvent
- Thorben Eibenfinder    - Einar Falkensang

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
Well I suggested 10 because at level 9 pureclass PC clerics get Raise Dead.

Axra

• Undead Master
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
maybe enable other priests to raise dead for chars after level 6, (or 7 or 10), like the ML temple inside vallakai and barovia village.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
Really, the only thing that needs to happen with regards to the Morninglord temple is people need to treat it as an actual place of worship versus an inn that vampires have trouble entering and a place of free healing.

Player-run efforts to hold sermons and actually do things in the Sanctuary of the Coming Down never work, and I feel for the players of the Morninglord faction in trying to enforce the setting in that place, I really do. I've noticed this long ago when Geiger was leading the ML faction as William Graham. If you try to start up singing of a religious nature in the temple, you will be threatened on a regular basis with no regard given to the NPCs that are there, and much more. The absolute WORST instance of RP I have ever seen on this server, bar none, came from when a halfling priest of the Lawgiver (what the hell) declared quite verbally "Your god is false" and without missing a beat, uses the corpse of his fellow Lawgiver on Lizuca.

You want the Morninglord temple to be less silly? Then what is needed to be done is that we all endeavor to be better roleplayers and report stupid behavior like what I described up there to the DMs when it shows itself. You want a place for corpses to be organized in the sanctuary? This already exists, and it's called a graveyard. Why corpses are even in the temple all the time is beyond me. That's how you catch dysentery.

Sharauvyn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
Really, the only thing that needs to happen with regards to the Morninglord temple is people need to treat it as an actual place of worship versus an inn that vampires have trouble entering and a place of free healing.

Player-run efforts to hold sermons and actually do things in the Sanctuary of the Coming Down never work, and I feel for the players of the Morninglord faction in trying to enforce the setting in that place, I really do. I've noticed this long ago when Geiger was leading the ML faction as William Graham. If you try to start up singing of a religious nature in the temple, you will be threatened on a regular basis with no regard given to the NPCs that are there, and much more. The absolute WORST instance of RP I have ever seen on this server, bar none, came from when a halfling priest of the Lawgiver (what the hell) declared quite verbally "Your god is false" and without missing a beat, uses the corpse of his fellow Lawgiver on Lizuca.

You want the Morninglord temple to be less silly? Then what is needed to be done is that we all endeavor to be better roleplayers and report stupid behavior like what I described up there to the DMs when it shows itself. You want a place for corpses to be organized in the sanctuary? This already exists, and it's called a graveyard. Why corpses are even in the temple all the time is beyond me. That's how you catch dysentery.

I wouldn't mind seeing just a simple posting of ML doctrine and temple rules inside the temple.  If we're talking about things for developers to do, maybe just adding a sign that posts the rules and doctrine, like the ones that post Vallaki's laws at the city gates, would be helpful. 

Axra

• Undead Master
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing just a simple posting of ML doctrine and temple rules inside the temple.  If we're talking about things for developers to do, maybe just adding a sign that posts the rules and doctrine, like the ones that post Vallaki's laws at the city gates, would be helpful. 

+1

Draxiss

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »
I really like the idea of a cleric to say, Wakeen, being in the charnel house, and saying he'll raise for a little something . . . it makes more sense than the rinse, wash, and repeat everyday cycle that happens inside the church, as well, as the fact you're dragging a freaking corpse into a church![/i]
Draxiss - Survival. It's what's for dinner.

airengale

• Dark Lord
  • Security, is mortals' chiefest enemy.
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 01:52:57 AM »

Perhaps if a dev is interested, place Barovian peasants to sit on the pews during the day, and have them stand up and leave through the doors near night time. So that in the morning it actually looks as though the church is a place for worship and less of a place for an Out-lander hideout. Then by night it could be seen as a place for refuge and rest or for the homeless.

Additionally you could have Lizuca give sermons. It doesn't have to be anything more than a description on a timer that pops off every so often.
  • I believe this may solve the bad RP that goes on in the church, which is the outright insult of Morninglordians in front of Morning Lord NPCs. It will actually give a feel that you must watch what you say and do.
  • I believe this will also incite RP for the Morning Lord faction. This will help Dawnbringers actually do what they're supposed to do, give sermons, instead of standing around.

Also, I don't think their should be spell casting in the church besides from Lizuca healing, therefore I believe OCR should still be in affect with these Barovians.

The problem I can see right off the bat if this was implemented: would be the undead coming from the crypts and Lizuca spamming her defensive spells; this can be solved by locking the entrance to the crypts by day time, and unlocking them at night.

This suggestion doesn't have to be limited to the outskirts temple. I think it will benefit the slums church as well.

I think I went off topic  :oops:

Sethraan Synne - "The righteous will receive their reward."
Horatiu Bochinsky - "It's just a job."
Aleah Althanos - "Today is a glorious day to die!"

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »
 :D
It goes something like this...

1) log on
2) spend 80%+ of time spent playing on the same map
3) 50%+ Other players do same thing
4) complain about atmosphere fest
5) calls for devs to change it instead of changing where you play and how you play

Wash, rinse, repeat.    We'll see another thread like it in approximately ....3....2....1....
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Eagle882

• Outlander
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 02:29:18 AM »

1) log on
5) calls for devs to change it instead of changing where you play and how you play

Wash, rinse, repeat.    We'll see another thread like it in approximately ....3....2....1....

This...
Temporarily retired.

• Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »

1) log on

ROFL, to True!!

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »

1) log on

Quoting because it hasn't been quoted enough yet.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 03:09:32 AM »

1) log on

close thread

LackofCertainty

• Undead Master
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
I don't think asking devs to tweak a zone to fit the atmosphere is a waste of time, and I'll be the first to firmly step off the bandwagon of quotes and say that I would very much like some work to be done on the temple.

The outskirts is currently a natural hub.  You're always going to have a decent number of people there, despite player initiatives.  Why not adjust the zone to make it better instead of blindly saying "Ur doin it wrung!!!!111!" to people who use said hub?

The slight change to the ML temple isn't going to magically make people stop using it as a hub.  The idea of the tweaks is to update one of the highest traffic zones in the server in order to make it a little nicer/more atmospheric/more usable.  We can talk about wether we think it's a good idea or not, or we can quote one dismissive post 5 times over.

P.S. Guess I better quote it too, cause I want people to think I'm cool.

1) log on

(if only there were a /sarcasm tag)

Dobian

• Dark Lord
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »
Personally I would love to see the outskirts totally revamped, make it look more like a village outside the walls of Vallaki, with little side streets of run-down bungalows, a couple of Barovian npc vendors selling food and low-end junk, mangy dogs roaming around sniffing in the garbage, other landmarks like a water tower, a statue of Strahd (think of the rp when someone defaces it!).

Tabitha Dalenner, Faerun
Sentire Stefania Milea, Borca
Paulette Gérard, Dementlieu
Salina Pandora, Faerun
Louis Mingo, Souraigne

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
There are plenty of great areas on the server that can be hung out in, and the Outskirts is just the place where immersion goes to die. It will never change, because that's the hub. It's a place to meet people to adventure and travel with and nothing more.

Axra

• Undead Master
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »
There are plenty of great areas on the server that can be hung out in, and the Outskirts is just the place where immersion goes to die. It will never change, because that's the hub. It's a place to meet people to adventure and travel with and nothing more.

Yeah there are, and sure...

1) log on

the fact is though is that NOTHING CHANGES. Its easy to say "bla well this always happens, ppl should just find somewhere else bla bla".  Guess what? 90% of the community dont get it bro.

Yeah, immersion dies in the outskirts...but it could be made more bloody immersive with a polish and a revamp and maybe even a few things like rules for the ML temple for eg., to encourage and educate the poor RPers who loiter there on how to behave IC properly around the outskirts.  Maybe some kind or guide npc that offers advice to PC's on where they can settle in other than the ML temple.

There is always somehing that can be done better.  Dont be counterproductive about it by writing it off.

BalorVale

• Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

Yeah there are, and sure...

1) log on

the fact is though is that NOTHING CHANGES. Its easy to say "bla well this always happens, ppl should just find somewhere else bla bla".  Guess what? 90% of the community dont get it bro.

Yeah, immersion dies in the outskirts...but it could be made more bloody immersive with a polish and a revamp and maybe even a few things like rules for the ML temple for eg., to encourage and educate the poor RPers who loiter there on how to behave IC properly around the outskirts.  Maybe some kind or guide npc that offers advice to PC's on where they can settle in other than the ML temple.

There is always somehing that can be done better.  Dont be counterproductive about it by writing it off.
I both agree and disagree, It is not wrong for people to express thier opinions but doing so in a fashion that doesn't give any suggestions is counter productive. "A waste of the Dev's time" is not a proper excuse, this could give flavor to a well traveled through area. I disagree with the fact that corpses are not defended at all, If some griefer wants to troll all he has to do is pick up the bodies and walk outside to burn them. Even if we set a sign, it would not stop the griefers but it would stop the people that don't know any better, Griefers will grief regardless of how we manage this and I find that sad. The entire system of corpses would need to be changed to make it flawless.

But trying to change things to educate new players is never a bad thing. +1

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
While this begun with a simple organizational suggestion that was never debated and has shapeshifted into a monstruous aberration I beg for a lock.

Jay

• Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Sure, i think everything that needs to be said has been said.