You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Legacy of Ravenia  (Read 9421 times)

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Re: Legacy of Ravenia
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »
Deception:
I know she’ll forgive me if she ever finds out, and I didn’t lie, not really. I still feel guilty though.

Red-Hunter was promoted and he has delegated a task to me, I need to retrieve the body of Lin from the guarda for a proper burial, I hope it’s not a foolish mistake, the dead tend not to stay dead around  here and I do not think we need another immortij wandering about causing trouble.

Had an argument with another wayfarer about Necromancy. People just don’t seem to understand the reality of this world. He agreed he would not go through with his plan in the end, but it sickens me. Magic is not a tool that can be harnessed easily or safely and Necromancy is a hundred times worse than any other school.

I’ve been here before, No one ever listens, but if I stopped trying to warn people I bet they would blame me for not warning them, just as they blame me –for- warning them.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
Pet:
I had another discussion with Hand-Eye and things seem to be much better between us, and I am glad of that, I’d rather have him on my side than being at loggerheads.
It seems Amethyst will be able to return to us safely, but I will need to speak with the Lieutenant first, just to be absolutely sure.
Scaled and I had a nice long chat last night and I think I managed to alleviate some of the darkness gathered around her, if only for a time. The smile on her face was worth any indignity. I am regaining what was lost… it feels good to be strong again and know that I grow stronger every day.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 02:54:06 AM »
Light:
My investigations have borne fruit and now I know more about mother than I really need to. Soon I will be able to lay the final trap that will put an end to her... Unless she can dig up a good enough excuse for me to spare her, and she is ever so good at that. I overheard enough of her discussion to learn a little of her motivations and the where in which I heard it becomes more and more critical. I wonder if Kinves knows the trouble he courts allowing such a creature to nest so close to the heart of his people. Somehow I doubt he would listen to me even if I could arrange a meeting. They never listen.

Even Senies and Mother together would prove poor protection from the combined powers of the kinship and their allies unleashed and provioded a target such as she. Even her master is more likely to let her die rather than risk revealing his hand in fighting so many groups. Finally I am in a position to meet with her and speak on an even footing. We shall see how things develop

I am finally completely comfortable in my nature, clear in my goals, methods and motives. I feel at peace despite the raging conflict.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
Strife:
Senies, Lin, Romar. Three names hunted by the count. I would pity them if they weren't clearly iredeemable. Soon enough they will only be remembered as names in books.

Valor has returned and I think we are together... he has asked for my favour, in any case, whatever that means. I'm just glad he's alive! I have revealed my first secret to him and I can only hope that he is accepting with the rest.
Hand-Eye. I can't say anything good right now, so there is nothing worth saying. Compassion is stronger than bravery.

Scaled has been a good friend to me, better than I deserve. I'm very glad that I trusted her with the truth. She wants me to come to see the play in port, and I will try... so much to do, so little time.

Lomir. Soon.

I must also look into some recruits, it should not prove challenging, some of the morninglordians are perfect fits.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
Disguises:
I'm getting tired of lying, of hiding how I truly feel and having people hate me for the lies I tell to keep them safe. I don't know how to get out of this now, I'm in too deep, bound by who I was and unable to show who I am now for fear of killing those I show. Andral: the god of my people from the days before. I’ve… felt him, at the edges, watching, waiting, sleeping. She told me much, so much that I have nightmares now, as a fly may have nightmares about a flyswat. She told me about Andral, what really happened, who really tried to destroy the sun god and why. Andral help me, but I believe.

I have a book transcribed from the Devils own notes, as mad as he sounds in his writings I know there is a cold intelligence there, a grain of truth amongst the madness and horror.

I find myself trapped now in the person I was, I cannot change outwardly without people asking why and so things I once believed as truth but now know as lies spew from my mouth, hurting those around me. Better that they hate me than know the truth, they are good people, but so many of them would die trying to help me… I cannot face that, my hands are bloody as it is. It's all I can do not to fly away, never to return, but duty binds me more firmly than any chain.

It is nearly time:
Time to gather the people who know.
Time to gather the Legacy.
Time to to risk it all.

The death of Scaled:
Scaled is scaled no more. She is Sister, closer to me than any other, she has been my rock, a constant support. She trusts me, even though it hurts her not to know, I can see what it costs her everyday, knowing that there are things I cannot share with her. I owe her more than I can possibly repay, in this lifetime, or the next.

Black Rose and Valor:
It amuses me that even amongst the giants seeking to crush me there is still a goblin ready to prick me with a pin from an unexpected direction. Two years he has had to make his wishes known. Two years, and yet he went with an outlander first. Well, now he is too late, I have another, a good man, someone I can rely on, even though I know his quest will lead to me mourning another lost hope. I promised to help him survive, I just hope he never realises that that promise will have me working against his quest for the Sunblade.

Gathering:
I will begin with Greenblade and Amethyst, they already know much, so the risk is minimal, they are also strong enough to stand a chance in surviving what is to come. I will send the letter and we shall meet, finally I will be able to speak the truth.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
Hare and Tortoise

Slowly, slowly. Things unfold at their own pace, no need to rush. Better to suffer a year, two, a decade than to try too early and fail.
The gathering goes slowly, I sent a letter to Amethyst and she has yet to reply. I spoke with Sister and Ass, and now I know of a third piece, a dagger, hidden away on some island. This is good news, not even Ice-Feather mentioned this to me in our first meeting; if I can gather all of these pieces. Sword, Dagger, Amulet... perhaps we stand a chance.

I sent a letter to Book-Bow, explaining a little of my reasons for our fight, but it sickens me that even this may turn out to be a subtle manipulation to bring her into this pit of death, already filled with so many good people.

I'm not sure how Sister is coping with what I've told her.

The information I have now about my home, all these lands, the mist and what lurks behind them... somehow I draw comfort from it where others draw only horror and despair. Every second we live is simply ordained by powers we cannot grasp, why fear drawing their attention? I am certain they see all in any case. Is this is the true freedom of knowing that I am already dead? The only thing I fear now is not completing this final task.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
Meeting of the Dead
I have met with Valor and Solemnity, tried to explain a little of what is going on here... I think I failed, they are too fresh to truly understand.
They have pledged to help me in any case and that both warms and chills me. Warmth from their trust, yet a chill that they may not live long because of it.
Amethyst and I finally had a real talk about what my plans are and she raised what would come after if we were to succeed against all odds.
There needs to be a structure once the devil is slain, we do not wish to become another Gundarak.
It is not simply enough to destroy the beast, but we must fill the void with something equally fearsome, if benign.
The church of the sun could fit there, hold off the hawk and the Lich, but I am still wary of religion, despite my newfound faith.
It is all too easy to become a zealot.

Family
I have convinced M that I have obeyed his advice and come to the Village to get away from outlanders and all their trouble, settle down, be a real Barovian woman. I doubt he would suspect the truth, as long as I tell him he's right he's content. He and Leash are having troubles caused by some cross dressing outlander.
I am dissapointed in them both.

Past
The red captain and his wife are here in the village, I must nod, smile and be a simple waitress for them.
I cannot risk these people catching any hint of me, despite what they likely already know.
Killers, liars, thieves, just like all those before them, just like Vasile.
Be pretty and stupid for them, that's what people want to see.
Give them no reason to burrow here like the rats they are.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
I'm not even sure how to begin.

I shared a nightmare with M and observed Sister undergoing something similar, apparently we are all now infected with this strange dreaming curse.
In her delerium, sister told me everything, more than even she should have known, there has to be some kind of source for these things.
We only have the knowledge of those who failed to overcome this curse and Sister was focusing on the certainty of our failure, but one thing I have learned is that if someone who has failed tells you that you will fail also you ignore them, their advice is useless as it didn't help them. You must branch out in new directions, seek new solutions. To follow the dead is simply the fastest way to join them. I held her while she cried, hopefully giving her the strength to carry on, help me finish this.

I chose not to tell Amethyst about the dreams, there is no point in risking her infection also.

I am reassessing the captain, he seems a man like any other. He immediately tried to dominate me with the knowledge of my witchcraft, I canot help but laugh now. Once upon a time it would have seemed the greatest threat I could face, but now? Barely even worth a thought, it would be inconvenient, certainly, but there are ways to get around it. He also revealed that he too is a witch, which may have been some attempt to form a connection. I cannot pretend i understand him and his motivations at this point, so I will remain cautious.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:10:40 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »
Fearless:
I've taken to training with Vallor, he pushes himself so hard, always risking everything, then being angry at himself for every minor stumble.
He did well, fighting the dead, I would not have managed so many myuself, but then, the dead are not my speciality.
I can see I may be spending more time dragging my suitor about dead than interacting with him breathing... but then, we will be avoiding the awkwardness.
Jade handles the situations more easily, she is so clinical, it nearly kills me every time I see him bleed, but she can take it in stride.
Sometimes I hate her.

Map:
I pour over it every night now, examining and re-examining, it's something to start with, but it tells me nothing of what lies within, the traps, beasts, wards and other dark things sure to cross our path. I will memorise the layout, getting lost would be worse than being defeated. Even saying that, I cannot rely only on this flimsy parchment, that could just as easily lead to failure. I'm sure Ana meant well giving it to me.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »
Cycle:

Everything seems to come around, over and over again. The trouble with Zarcroft has flared up again, the nurse, Rose, and the girl, Aleena. He cannot be allowed to get his claws on them once more, the harm he could do with her power goes beyond dangerous, I'm surprised that He allows such a risk, but then, He is nothing if not arrogant and secure in his position, it may be our only advantage when the time comes. If Zarcroft comes to my village I will not be letting the girl go without a fight.

Also returning to plague my life is Ass. It's more awkward than anythiong else, but he makes me so angry, refusing to see how he hurt me and after I let him into my confidence, risked so much on him. I know I can trust him to do what we need to do, but I cannot bring myself to forgive him for what he said and how he stands by it now by not apologising. He doesn't even seem to care that he was wrong, or won't acknowledge it. Perhaps I'm vain, wanting him to acknowledge that I was right, but when someone insults your life, your very purpose is it not fair to expect them to at least acknowledge the wound?

Games:
There will be a competition for magic users in the Port, I may attend, but I have no intention of competing, the last thing I wish to be is a famous witch. The fewer people who know how I fight, the better.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 02:43:16 AM »
Nadya and Gabriel...
I must find them first.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
Rage:
M. I couldn't believe he would say something like that, as if it was just some offhand joke he could use to keep me in my place, as if the words and the harm they would do mattered not in the least to him. My children will -not- be Caliban. The rage in me flared so brightly at that moment that I nearly lost control, how could the man who professes to be my brother spew such hate and filth at me, and this is not the first time. He has no respect, no love for me, he cares only for grinding me into the dust so he can more easily spit on me. Spit on the witch. He even dared me to fight back, challenged me to hurt him, knowing full well that it goes against all my beliefs.

Andral help me, but I almost did.

He's always been blind, but I never thought he could be this ruthlessly cruel. He knows what my father did to me, and even if I didn't state it directly, surely he knows that that can only go on so long before there is a child. She was beautiful, perfect, and they took her away, and then for HIM to tell me that any child of mine would be a monster?! I spent the next two days at the bottom of a bottle, which was not hard considering how little it takes to get me drunk. He still hasn't apologised and I doubt he would be brave enough to raise it on his own. Our already strained illusion of family is shattered, he is no brother of mine.

I still have Sister and she is devoted to me so utterly... It brings me hope, joy and fear in equal measure. It was she who brought me out of my pit of avoidance and showed me that I cannot let something as mundane as the cruelty of my former brother slow me down. There are preparations to be made, resources to secure, training to undertake. She has promised that, if I ask, she will not take the final step with me, but I... I cannot truly see myself taking that step without her at my side.

The irony of all this is that I finally want to live, want her to live, but have already condemned myself to death. I have a job to do, but I will fight my hardest to survive. For her, for Valor, for my lost daughter. It is time to truly step onto the long road that may mean my death. The bounties in the port will be the beginning, once I have enough coin I can begin to stockpile what I will need.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 01:37:12 AM »
Cowards:
Ass won't apologise.
M won't even meet my gaze.
Valour is probably dead in a ditch, AGAIN.
Bumble Bee is a child, as always.
Men.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:50:45 AM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
Life:
Why must things always be so complicated? Black Rose professed his love for me, again, and kissed my cheek. I won't lie, haven't lied. I do have feelings for him, but they are not the same as my feelings for Valour.

I took him training last night. Proper training. I think He and Solemnity are a little in awe of my power now that they've seen it used as it was meant to be used, I just hope it doesn't come between us, I hope he understands the limits.

Black Rose says he loves me, and he knows some of my secrets, has always been kind, but he doesn't know all of them, he doesn't know I'm a half-breed, or any of the other things.
Would he still love me if he knew my mother was of Gundar?
Would he still love me if he knew my father ruined me at the age of thirteen?
Would he still love me if he knew that my father put a child in me?
Would he still love me if he knew i wasn't even human any more?

This is why so many Barovian women fall for outlanders, they're so... simple.

Outlanders won't spit on you for falling in love.
Outlanders won't hat you because of your heritage.
Outlanders won't hate your magic.
Outlanders won't tell you that your children will be Caliban.

The Legacy expands, a druid this time, I've always found their magic interesting and mysterious. I hope he lasts.

I've corrected a few of Greenblades misconceptions about the Barovian people. We are not in league with the darkness, but enslaved.
Almost all the fight has been ground out of my people by the centuries of opression at the cold hands of Him.
Soon.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:41:58 AM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »
Visitor:
The captain came to visit me last night, and we talked.
He likes to make it clear that he knows things, I'm not sure why, but then there are some things I was surprised that someone in his position -didn't- know.
He also challenged certain aspects of my lifestyle, not because he believes them to be wrong, I think, but more to test if I was unaware, hypocritical, or stupid.

I feel I aquitted myself adequately and am even greatful, it is through people challenging how we think and act that we refine ourselves as people. Mainly it was about the bounties of port, if they deserve it and what gives me the right to take their lives. Essentially it boils down to the fact that the profit from their deaths helps to ensure a better life for myself and the people I love.

It is extremely helpful to my concience, however, that they attack me on sight, otherwise I would truly be hunting them.

Black and white in a world of grey.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »
There have been many omens of a new Grand Conjunction event. I suspect that dark forces are at work to start some great ritual that could once again rip apart the realms of the Core. I will attempt herein to record the circumstances that have led me to such a conclusion in a more or less sequential order. I apologise for any discrepencies.

FIRST EVENT

Approximately two weeks ago, I was attacked by a darkling assassin.
He claimed to be attacking me because it had been prophesised that I would oppose the darklings.
Before I slew him, the darkling mentioned "Vengeance for Hykosa".
Hykosa was the dukkar (male Vistani seer) who foreseaw the Grand Conjunction; his prophecy came true. He and his entire tribe were outcast by Madame Eva.
Reporting this to Madame Keja of the Vallaki Vistani, she claimed that the darkling was supposed to meet someone in "the brightest place of the world".
Madame Keja implied that the darkling's ability to travel through the Mists was worrisome.
She added that Fiends can bring others through the Mists; hinting at an alliance of darklings and fiends.
The darkling's ability to prophecy implies the existence of a new Dukkar; such prophecy could herald a new Grand Conjunction event.
We have to this date been unable to follow the lead of the "brightest place of the world".

SECOND EVENT

Inari and some others were attacked by darklings later that week.
Again it seems they were attacked because it was prophesised that they would oppose the darklings.
Those darklings bore upon their corpses a message saying that the darklings would soon be ready to perform a Black Augury.
The parallels between Hykosa's Prophecy and this Black Augury are evident; the further implications for a new Grand Conjunction event likewise.

THIRD EVENT

Today, myself, Thomas and Leo were attacked by a fiend in the crypts. (A Falkovnian was present as well.)
The Fiend took the form of an attractive man, very seductive and well-dressed.
That fiend addressed me, once again implying my actions had been mapped by prophecy. He offered me a place at his side; when I refused, he offered the Falkovnian treasure to side with him against me.
With the aid of Thomas and Leo, we were able to drive off the fiend.
We took the Falkovnian to the Vistani over suspicion that he had been involved in the Invidian-Falkovnian killings of Vistani; but he was not so Madame Keja let him go.

I have likely missed out a few details. I shall return to this report and ammend it once my head has cleared from today's events.

Nonetheless, the evidence seems to be growing, pointing to a dukkar-fiend alliance to bring about a new Grand Conjunction. The consequences of this do not need to be restated.

~Ana

This is bad. Very, very bad.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »
*this entry is messire than usual, as if written in a controlled rage*

Children:
Why did greenblade send these two to me? They think they know everything, argue when they should listen, propose rediculous and, frankly, criminally dangerous plans. Jab me with a sharp silver pin and declare me a monster when I bleed?
I should have stuck it down their throats, but instead I held my temper, spoke to them kindly and, most of all, I let them live. Was it a mistake? Have I ruined everything for a moment of compassion and understanding?
I hope not.
They gave their word that they would speak of it to no one, and the cost was made clear. They say they wish to be led, but of course they want to lead. They reject the smallest of suggestions despite giving their loyalty.
Amusingly, I would let them lead, if they showed the barest sliver of ability or temperance, but they do not. Children. If I ever had any doubt that the people I trust are a greater threat than the foe I seek to destroy they have taken that precious illusion and crushed it with their unthinking selfishness and impatience.
To make demands of me without proving themselves, in the silence after they left I simply feel sick and disgusted with them and myself.

I still helped her, despite it all. Children need protection.

Amethyst was taken and saved and I could do nothing stuck in this place, sometimes this life sickens me... I will beg her forgiveness when I see her next.

All the information I gathered has impressed my brethren, the plans that are to go ahead, the influence I wield... I know they -want- to help me, but I still feel like some disgusting spider in a web, binding these people to me and to their deaths.

I've been crying more often lately.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Disciples:

More and more seek me out. Some sent, others by chance and still others by their own will. The past days have been busy and dark, with a few light hearted moments redeeming the darkness.

The Captain and Bumble bring a touch of normalcy, ordering drinks, bantering, trying ysome of the dishes I learned to make seemingly so long ago. Bumble wanted to take me out again, I'm surprised no one has told him about my magic, now I feel bad for keeping him in the dark.

Black Rose has arrived in the village as I feared he would, he is keeping a respectful distance allowing Valour and I our privace... is he being kind, or just playing smart?

Sister has come to stay for a little while, I haven't slept so well for weeks.

Greenblade has sent another to me, but Wind seems respectful unlike Burn and Quiet. I'll teach him all I can of the Sleeper and perhaps he will help with our ultimate goal.

I had my first communication from Red Hunter for months, he sent me a young witch to guide, he seems nice, if fresh and inexperienced, I'll help him too as best I can.

My baptism is coming up soon and it worries me... What if I am not found worthy? What if the sleeper turns away from me despite my need?

I'm hoping I will find some time to think soon, I need to take a breath.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
Break
I thought I'd seen the last of her, but here she comes, walking through the door with that slimy, besuited man beside her. I can see the guilt in her face over her abandonment, but the anger in me was surprising. Bell did not cope as well... I wonder what she did to her...

The captain and I have made a pact of assistance, his sister needs to go. I didn't bother to raise what he would do for me if I was instrumental, but he is a man that understands mutual respect.

Burn failed at the fists chance she had, steps must be taken.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »
Second chances:

Hope springs eternal, I have decided to assist burn and spoke to Violet, he was reluctant, but I simply made it clear that we just need neutrality, I'm far more worried about Amethysy right now, the poor woman has suffered so much, I hope to catch up and debrief with her.

I've finally had a follow up meeting with the Feather Queen, I've learned... not more, per se, but my knowledge is deeper, the picture clearer in my mind.
There are two less things to seek now, but one I will seek in any case with Greenblade and the others simply to show them the truth of what we face, some things -can- be destroyed utterly.

The time for me to hold my vigil and make my devotion is close at hand...

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »
Blessings:
The time of my anointment has come and gone... I don't know what I expected, some kind of flash... a contact with something greater than myself, perhaps?
No.
Everything is as it was, but it clears my sight even more, I do not do this for some sleeping god who cannot even stir himself enough to defend his people, a god of light not even strong enough to fight my peoples darkness. He lost so long ago, why did I think he would be of help to us now?
No.
Perhaps I'm bitter now... for so long I scoffed at the outlander gods, and the gods of my realm, but then I felt his touch, the tiniest glimmer and I dared to hope, almost gave up who I am to his cause, but he does not want me. Bine. I will continue as I am, for the same reasons I always had. My people need a champion, and if it falls to me I will not run from the burden.

Senseless:
Burn continues to fail at every chance of redemption, inflexible, unthinking, foolish.
Violet tries, but his hatred is as clear as day.
The golden fool capers and laughs, making a mockery of everything.
Greenblade and the Daughter of Scales just stood there, blank, dead, uncaring. Could they not see I needed their support, or did they just not care?
Blinded by their own limited interests:
Who cares if we all strangle each other as long as we put another handful of bodies in the ground or gather the dust of a destroyed symbol of a dead god?
Who cares if we fracture and break apart if we can get a pitiful shiny trinket out of it?
Who cares if we fall one by one, collapsing in on ourselves as long as fools get to wave feathers and claim to walk the righteous path?
I care, but I can't fix everything on my own.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
Fracture:
Greenblades hard work is collapsing in on itself, Burn and Violet are gone, which is bine, the golden fool remains silent for now.
Perhaps it is time to take what we have learned and developed and create something new from the ashes, something harder and true and honed to the edge we need. The core of us remains, but the threat of the Shrike hangs over us, Amethysts shadow finally brought to full life as she once told me she feared it would. I hope we can end it before too many come to harm, and one is always too many...

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
Flow:
I take a trip to clear my head, and yet everything follows me, everyone already there when all I wished was some space.
M has decided to disown me for plotting against HIM, how he found out doesn't matter, he's no fool, I'm surprised it took him this long, in truth.
The Captain and his wife overheard and immediately tried to dissuade me from my path. They do not understand.
The Captains concern for me is somewhat flattering, his wife, however, threatened my death if my actions would harm her or hers. I expected nothing less.
They see but do not know, know but fumble blindly.
The captain tells me my path will mean my death.
I know. I knew from the first moment I discarded my skin and took wing.
Sister suggested that I move to Port, become a bartender for Dancer in her new establishment. I will think about it.
Black Rose was there, too. He needs to learn to keep his hands to himself.
There is nothing left for me in my homeland, nothing save my people.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
Air and Hidden Skin:

Two people on the path of my people, and yet they do not know the words.

Birds of a feather seek the same nest.

Vallaki, the city in which I was reborn, not once, not twice, but three times. For all its darkness it holds a place in my heart. Air and I had a long discussion, he knows a lot, but nothing real. He is filled with the same zeal as I was, so long ago now it seems, in truth barely a year. He seeks the objects, plans to strike HIM down. He knows about the darkness behind but knowing is not seeing, seeing is not understanding. He is so vulnerable with his woman and his son, but I cannot save him from his chosen path. Hope is a flower, blooming and closing by turns, for now it is closed to me, but who knows what may cause it to open again in the future.

Hidden Skin is sister to Dancer, in more ways than one. Moon born with her cloak of shadows and ink, but I see her. Her obsession with the dead is concerning and her health of mind is... fragile, to say the least. It seems that the house of dancers is forever an attraction for darkness, and not just the darkness of mankind. I have work to do there, a boil to be lanced that Dancer and all her mighty friends allowed to fester and grow. I am home for now, and I hear her call.

Alexias; time for me to pay my debt.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:25:45 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
The Statuette:
A silver statuette in the likeness of a raven, used in the worship of Adnral in the time before.
Estimated Size of one square foot.
Likely to be heavy.

The Amulet of Ravenkind:
A heavy amulet with a large ruby in the centre, surrounded by a runed circle, which is in turn surrounded by the likeness of a flaming orb.
Previously used to put HIM into a deep slumber, clearly a powerful artefact, could it be possible to finish him once the amulet weakens him?

Blade of the Sun:
A hand and a half sword with a golden hilt.
This blade belonged to HIS brother in the time before and is a powerful weapon against the dead, possibly the only blade capable of harming HIM, not simply because of its enchantments but because of the meaning behind the blade itself.

The first step is to find the amulet and sword and watch for some time before taking them, perhaps they will find their way to me without bloodshed, but I doubt it.