You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Legacy of Ravenia  (Read 9423 times)

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Legacy of Ravenia
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:20:10 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Re: Legacy of Ravenia
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:05:59 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:49:39 AM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:15 AM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:11:32 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:26:10 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:47:25 AM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:17:51 AM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 01:51:36 AM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:23:52 AM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:11:05 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:20:12 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 11:55:34 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:12:25 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:43:32 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 09:39:18 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:49:12 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:54:51 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:37 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:00:07 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:07:46 AM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:11:27 PM by Amon-Si »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Wings:
The last few days, most of a week, in fact, have been a blur. My fever has finally subsided, but I only remember most of it vaguely. I think Leashed-M visited me briefly and mainly talked about himself, which is not unusual. Someone cut some of my hair, too, for some reason. I also had a strange dream about green mists, a raven and a pale man. I protected the injured bird and he attacked me, everything else is a blur apart from someone crying about someone dying and being sorry and hoping for forgiveness.

On the last night of my fever I had a different dream, much nicer. I dreamed I floated above the city, looking down in the light of the full moon, everything was still and quiet, laced with silver. The distant lights of the Village, Krezk and various other settlements glimmered in the distance like clusters of fireflies. I felt elated, safe and strong. I hope I dream this dream again in the future. Sincew my fever broke everything seems so much clearer. Colors brighter, images sharper, details more easily noticed. I feel much better, possibly even better than before my illness.

Howl:
I’ve been researching Neuri lately in relation to the recent plague, seeing how they are made, what types there are and what hurts them. The most common by far seem to be Rat and Wolf-Neuri, rarer are the Bear-Neuri, and even rarer are the bizarre Raven-Neuri. Apparently all of these creatures are evil and monsterous save the Raven-Neuri. Hearing this has perked my interest. What are these beings that they escape the taint of other Neuri? I must learn all I can about them. I do recall finding something in the caves near the Village, something about the blood of a Raven-Neuri opening a portal to somewhere else. I know many outlanders would happily kill for such information and it would certainly explain the secretive nature of these beings. Red-Hunter and I had a long talk about the weave, he’s clearly not ready for the whole truth, but we all start at the beginning, I suppose.

Shadows:
I received a strange note during my sickness, a warning. Mother hunts me, apparently. Not really news, but good to know that there are other people out there keeping an eye on that creature. I hope she does come, I’ll show her something new. The last thing she’ll ever see.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »
Change:
It is a strange time for me. I have spoken with many and learned much. Two things I have learned cannot be put to paper nor shared with any other unless I am absolutely certain of their integrity. Maybe Scaled, or Hand-Eye. Scaled would understand better than the others but she can be erratic. Hand-Eye… well, I cannot know for sure what he thinks of me at this time. In trying to fix issues I’ve successfully alienated myself from most of the kinship, especially Books. Even Wolf-Sister and I had a fight, and that is not usual for us.

The nature of my illness is clear to me now, with the only questions remaining being Why and What I do with this. My control grows daily and sometimes it disturbs me, but it feels right in my soul. I can no longer afford the risks I used to undertake so blindly, now I see just how dark the darkness truly is and know that it only allows light to exist for its own amusement. On the other hand, power breeds arrogance, blindness and hubris. For now I will hide my light, blend with the others around me, I must be a face in the crowd until the time comes.

Tenant knows about me now, only my first secret, but he knows it. He took it better than I expected, I still feel he trusts me. He wants me to keep him informed of relevant things and I will do my best. There is also much I can teach him about witches and outlanders, hard won experience that will serve him well. Everything the Guarda has done in the past, the brutality… it all makes sense now that I know where the orders come from and, above all, why.

There is no point in despairing, so the greater darkness may never be gone from my homeland. So what? There are a million lesser darkness’ that –can- be destroyed, every one a drop in an ocean, but even an ocean can be emptied. Drop by bloody drop.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
Fool:
I just re-read my last entry. I have been Jade too long now, I sound like an outlander.
Oceans of blood are not my path, it's time to take a deep breath and seriously think about where I'm going and how I plan to get there.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »
Useful:
Finally I got the opportunity to do what I have always wanted to do since joining the Kinship. Under Red-Hunters supervision (He is the elected representative, but his grasp of Balok is imperfect) I brokered a (hopefully) more solid relationship between the Kinship and Guarda. This should give us a more solid footing so we no longer fight amongst ourselves, but instead face down our enemies together. I wrote the report up and I hope it will at least buy me some trust from Hand-Eye. I took him into my confidence about the event but he was not ready, he barely stopped himself from killing me, his vow will keep him silent, but I need a friend, not a silent, fearful and angry mess. Fire-Heart and I are on better terms now, despite our recent clashes. I’m sure we will still have differences in opinion and method, but at least we both know that the other strives entirely for the good of the kinship as a whole.

The mapping project proceeds slowly, with many, many interruptions, but I would probably get bored otherwise, I just hate feeling that I make suggestions that others have to fulfil for me, it makes me feel lazy. I will do the Sewers tonight.

It seems I barely see anyone outside of the kinship these days and that’s… fine, I guess… but none of them are…. Suitable.