You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Not a complaint, just two questions  (Read 1405 times)

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
Not a complaint, just two questions
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

So, how many attacks does it take for your weapon to not be dropped after switching? Because I switched directly after I left the cave area, then ran quite a bit, and then attacked once, ran, then got hit with that critical.

Also, After scoring a critical hit are enemies suppose to attack directly after? Because... with normal hits one attacker would just leave you down unconscious or bleeding out. Not Corpse you. Corpse attacks often happen because of attacks of opportunity or multiple attackers, but this one is just a single attacker.

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
Re: Not a complaint, just two questions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:29:35 PM »
Well that archer was another attacker, but usually it's attacker 1, death, attacker 2,

not attacker 1, death, attacker 1

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
I've found that sometimes they lag on the script, could be that, for both issues.
Was there much lag about?

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Not a notable one, but that very well could be it, although that's annoying loosing 800 fang because of lag.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »
True dat! :)
The most I've ever lost because of lag was 60k, but I know others who've lost hundreds of thousands.

LackofCertainty

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 11:43:42 PM »
Not a notable one, but that very well could be it, although that's annoying loosing 800 fang because of lag.

I've just come to accept the occasional extra swing as an act of god.  Sucks when it happens, but then you just pick up the pieces afterward.   And I always try to tell myself, "Well, I'd probably bleed to death anyway," if it ever happens when I'm alone.  Helps keep me sane. :P

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
Regarding the dropping of two weapons, the timer is the long just to prevent someone from imminent death from stashing their weapon that they do not want to lose.
It might be a bit longer than needed but it does prevent this.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.