Author Topic: Citadel Doors  (Read 1302 times)

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
Citadel Doors
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
        Infront of the Citadel there's a blind spot where you can not attack an enemy because of the towers in the way, if we could somehow access the tower and use the arrow slits,
Perhaps have the door open and then have the wall present but being able to shoot though it? I'm sure the developers could think of a better way to fix it.
       The reason it is a problem is that someone could stand there all day, and we can not get to them, although the arrow slits in the towers are designed specifically in order to target that area, anyone knowing this could abuse it, and hide there to recover health or hide and then return to attack the Garad Garrison

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: Citadel Doors
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
        Infront of the Citadel there's a blind spot where you can not attack an enemy because of the towers in the way, if we could somehow access the tower and use the arrow slits,
Perhaps have the door open and then have the wall present but being able to shoot though it? I'm sure the developers could think of a better way to fix it.
       The reason it is a problem is that someone could stand there all day, and we can not get to them, although the arrow slits in the towers are designed specifically in order to target that area, anyone knowing this could abuse it, and hide there to recover health or hide and then return to attack the Garad Garrison

Yeah, I'm a historian and I really don't see a castle or keep being built with such a major defect. Perhaps if the walls extended on both sides like the Theodosian Walls? Basically to allow archers to fire down upon targets who are approaching the gate?

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
I like that idea, but...it seems like Romanian castle structure is very block based, haven't done any real research into this, just an assumption

Talek

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
dev's,  if any implementation can be done that would be grand.. it is a bit annoying to ask enemies to kindly get in firing range. Or even if there was a way where guards could summon barricades which should allow them to shoot through... or if there was a script where you could arm ballisticks on the wall.

Bato

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
Catch more Gundars with money instead of Vinegar.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »
its on the dev list its an old guard faction bumb in the road?   

and uhm hanza...if ppl knew they could abuse it.....im pretty sure this topic will turn some heads and go hmmm didnt knew that.

but grand for asking about itagain its a pain in the butt when on wall duty cant cover the other guaard opening the gate properly.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company