Author Topic: New Event Idea.  (Read 3136 times)

andrew_novak

• Outlander
New Event Idea.
« on: December 25, 2011, 02:13:07 PM »
With the success of new character week anyone have ideas for other event?  My suggestion is permanent death day.  A day when you character dies it is erased from the server.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: New Event Idea.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
No, I want a simple return to more "Perma Death" for the server as a whole.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »
Holiday celebrations in the domains we have. It'll add a bit of flavor in seeing the culture's lore beyond what's normally seen day to day.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »

agreed...pc and monsters alike should equally be on even footing as it stands now there not, plenty of times i face monster pcs in a drawn out series of rps each of us having talked about ending the other if the one wins then when it comes and by chance i dont then tehy turn there back on it and i get called a pvp happy hunter...

sorta ruins the point of ever playing a monster hunter  :roll:

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
I would really like to see dice rolls make a come back.  Probably my favorite encounter with a MPC ever was with Claire Kimit. (or something like that... wererat monk from years ago)  She attacked the outskirts, I was killed, then I ghosted back to my body.  And I spent the night watching her murder, with my corpse, the patrons of the Lady's Rest. All of it was RP fighting using dice bags and rolls and it just felt right.
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

MadMage99

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »
Holiday celebrations in the domains we have. It'll add a bit of flavor in seeing the culture's lore beyond what's normally seen day to day.

I second this.

Nesley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree with you  :D.
But if I'm understanding this correctly, are you meaning to change the server to have in the future a ''Perma death'' for every time character dies (for npc and pc alike, which I don't dislike actually).
Wouldn't it make some players more likely to to quit playing on the server than the otherway around.
forgive me if I did misunderstood you.

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 07:44:12 AM »

But if I'm understanding this correctly, are you meaning to change the server to have in the future a ''Perma death'' for every time character dies (for npc and pc alike, which I don't dislike actually).
Wouldn't it make some players more likely to to quit playing on the server than the otherway around.

What he means is that characters could be closured if they had a significant death and your consent was not required. Examples are executions, being captured by certain npc's etc.

Gorasin

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 07:46:11 AM »
So that means I won't be playing on permadeath day since many will metagame to set my chars up if they don't like them.
The dark side is always there, waiting for us to enter, waiting to enter us.
Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
*applauds*

and yet another topic gets derailed cause someone took the permadeath thing and transformed it into a problem.

Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
i never liked why MPC's are stricken from the Closure consent rule that everyone else has. makes no sense because regardless, respect should be given on both sides equally regardless of template, and isnt that the point of that rule?

also you know monster hunting should be about the shared story, not the bragging rights for killing them. with my vampire Vincent, Michael von ritter was my characters Protagonist. never once did he push me oocly towards closing him, which is why i chose him to be my vampires executioneer. i loved my MPC's ending because we both trusted each other, and there was no stressful pressures between us oocy, and the story was allowed to flow without drama or problems.

a little OOC communication goes along way for allot of things here on POTM.

Gorasin

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »
There is a no closure consent for mpcs? Never knew that. I have never killed off an mpc. I actually have raised them due to rp without knowing some were even mpcs IC. Most of my monster hunting was done for rp and that is why I never killed off the monster I was hunting. I raised that monster for rp reasons and if I find out IC someone killed them. IC I will not be a happy person.
The dark side is always there, waiting for us to enter, waiting to enter us.
Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight.

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
Actually i think MPC should only be permed when the player wishes them permed. I personally think its only fair since pc's get this option. Most mpc's have an idea when they wish to kill off thier mpc's. Why not let them make the choice? Just my two cents.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Nesley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »

What he means is that characters could be closured if they had a significant death and your consent was not required. Examples are executions, being captured by certain npc's etc.

*applauds*

and yet another topic gets derailed cause someone took the permadeath thing and transformed it into a problem.

seems like i misunderstood it before but now I finally get it  ;)
I feel little awkward for misunderstand this.

andrew_novak

• Outlander
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »
Now to get back on topic. Lets start brainstorming ideas for new events.  Another idea could be a were beast migration.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »
How about a dedicated attack from a neighboring country into some obscure place like Kroftburg. Might give people a chance to loiter in one of the more obscure areas for a valid reason. Maybe have some of the guarda characters assigned there for the duration or something.

If your feeling really ambitious maybe have the mists work in reverse and everyone that logs in gets misted into an alternate universe Barovia where everything is slightly out of wack with what people normally expect. would take some thought and time to arrange tho.

andrew_novak

• Outlander
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
Another fun week long event would be a solar eclipse.  For one week there is nothing but night.  The idea of a war sound like a fun event.  These server wide event are a great way to keep interest going so lets keep the idea coming.  Maybe the the powers that be will read and use one.

dark_majico

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
The mists swallow a huge portion of an oriental army from either Rokugan, or Kara-Tur, suddenly Barovia has to deal with a huge portion of a foreign nation disgruntled at having being whisked away to a foreign n land filled with honourless dogs, itching to wage war!

Sharauvyn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »
I'd like to see the danger of "Old Night" make a comeback. Not at the level of, "You can't go outside or you die, even if you are at level 20" like some events have gone to. But ...  just a very high chance of something spooky happening any time you go outside at night. Maybe some monster or group of monsters that attack at any old place at night, not just the Vallaki outskirts.  Instead of wiping out all resistance, the monsters could keep pressing an attack and spread the savagery around until *some* PC falls, and then take off with the body for a time.  Or a spirit that places curses on people, if they don't RP their way out and then fail a rolled check or two.   Wererats could invade the crafting shops at night, do some damage, and leave.  Angry elf spirits could come out of the woods and do ... what ever angry elf spirits might do ...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »
 :whatsthis:

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »
I've always wonder what port would look like if armed Falkovians showed up thanks to the Caravans. Curse those Vistani and their secret spy network.
Maybe even have a MAD time with Cthulhu spawns? I hear the Sea of Sorrows is rather full of nasty beasties.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

andrew_novak

• Outlander
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
It could be fun to have, if possible, the mist lay down a heavy blanket.  Anyone foolish enough to venture into it will be transported to a random location.  This will help exploration.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
Events are one thing, but a group of dedicated players with a strong charachter dynamic can accomplish much-much more.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 08:36:13 PM »
Events are one thing, but a group of dedicated players with a strong charachter dynamic can accomplish much-much more.
:thumbup: