You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Incentivising high level PCs to leave the Vallaki area a bit more...  (Read 8276 times)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Incentivising high level PCs to leave the Vallaki area a bit more...
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »
There's some good suggestions in here, definitely some stuff to think about. The Village's ML temple certainly has a lot of room for expansion and faction-related activities. More than Vallaki's temple, actually.

I do have some plans for expanding Dementlieu's outdoors areas, and the dungeon I hinted at would be outside of the city.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »
Yeah, we can't (as dev alone) know about these things unless with good player feedback.

Keep 'em coming. :)

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
Empower players in the Port ! Make the Gerderme a real faction, give players control over some of the venues. Let players be the engine that drives people to the Port. So many things I would like to do personally and I'm one person. But we are not getting responses. Only a couple DM's seem comfortable touching the Port. If the DM team have a universal plan maybe it will free things up.

The Port has way more potential than any other part of the server, it just needs to be set into motion. One thing it really needs are formal laws.  

Vallaki you have a Garda faction- the port you have Gerdermes with no guidelines, no recruiting power.
Vallaki you have players running the Nymph and the Bell and the odd Lady waitress- The Port has nothing.
Vallaki has almost every faction- The Port has the Vardo and Les Chat and in theory theory the Eurodites (but needing to write a book to join is a bit much)

I could go on. The minute the staff give a few players the green light to do things the minute events and rp will swell there. I know you guys are always doing a ton of stuff, but this is your easiest solution to getting people away from Vallaki.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:10:30 PM by Taty »

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 02:04:21 AM »
Only problem I see to expanding is diluting the RP, what I love about this server is that you can almost always find someone in the vallaki outskrits, you don't have to go searching for RP or a party base, it's right there, not to mention it gets new players into the immersion really quickly