You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hazlan feedback  (Read 38977 times)

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
Re: Hazlan feedback
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 02:14:55 PM »

Owl bear pelts, gorgon pelts, and bassalisk pelts might be nice, or some sort of alchemy reagents or herbalism reagents from such creatures would be nice. Considering they can turn you to stone and you would be kinda of sol from there on out with out some serious help.  Maybe some statues of monsters in the area's where they spawn as a neat sort of warning.

I'd agree here! I'd like to see a use for owlbears and gorgons and bassalisks! My thought, being its something lacking for 'defense' on the server.. perhaps a combined Alchemy/Herbalism recipe (Alchemy components that distill into essense, then used in herbalism with some plants) to make a scripted potion to give Immunity to Petrification for a short duration. Flesh to Stone is one of those cheese spells that's there's just no defense against besides ridiculous saves, so a very short duration potion might make a good addition. And I say short duration because if it was a scripted benifit, it'd be unremovable by dispels.. so needs to be short to balance.

I'd recommend maybe +save vs. Petrification for hides! But i don't think that option exists in NWN.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »

Owl bear pelts, gorgon pelts, and bassalisk pelts might be nice, or some sort of alchemy reagents or herbalism reagents from such creatures would be nice. Considering they can turn you to stone and you would be kinda of sol from there on out with out some serious help.  Maybe some statues of monsters in the area's where they spawn as a neat sort of warning.

I'd agree here! I'd like to see a use for owlbears and gorgons and bassalisks! My thought, being its something lacking for 'defense' on the server.. perhaps a combined Alchemy/Herbalism recipe (Alchemy components that distill into essense, then used in herbalism with some plants) to make a scripted potion to give Immunity to Petrification for a short duration. Flesh to Stone is one of those cheese spells that's there's just no defense against besides ridiculous saves, so a very short duration potion might make a good addition. And I say short duration because if it was a scripted benifit, it'd be unremovable by dispels.. so needs to be short to balance.

I'd recommend maybe +save vs. Petrification for hides! But i don't think that option exists in NWN.

or, you could just add in a cure potion which could be made from these creatures. Stone to flesh pot. it would certainly make going after these monsters or braving them worth while since after lvl 10 they simply aren't giving any xp.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »
or, you could just add in a cure potion which could be made from these creatures. Stone to flesh pot. it would certainly make going after these monsters or braving them worth while since after lvl 10 they simply aren't giving any xp.

I don't think Stone to Flesh is an available spell for a potion, mechanically. Though suppose if we are scripting, it might be doable.  That was actually my initial idea, though, before switching it to the protection potion.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »
Hazlan guards next to the caravan that are hostile to all but the human faction. They ciuld be set to nonhostile to slaves marked by dms prior.
Make it hard for non humans to be in the domain unless pcs take precautions to be hidden before tossed out of the caravan.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 02:25:38 AM »
Hazlan guards next to the caravan that are hostile to all but the human faction. They ciuld be set to nonhostile to slaves marked by dms prior.
Make it hard for non humans to be in the domain unless pcs take precautions to be hidden before tossed out of the caravan.

This is a great idea. Also, you could have possibly some guy selling slave collars (renamed belt with stat penalties of some type) not far from the border that automatically tells the PC that those nonhumans are okay.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

This is a great idea. Also, you could have possibly some guy selling slave collars (renamed belt with stat penalties of some type) not far from the border that automatically tells the PC that those nonhumans are okay.

there already is a slave outfit. perhaps the tag could be put on that?
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Hatsune

• Undead Master
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »

I'm currently making a Hazlani PC, so I think these are great ideas! The only issue would be possible abuse? Buy yourself a collar, put it on to get past the guards, then switch out? But, it would be nice to have some system in place, for things like this! Be it current slaves, or to-be slaves!
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »

I'm currently making a Hazlani PC, so I think these are great ideas! The only issue would be possible abuse? Buy yourself a collar, put it on to get past the guards, then switch out? But, it would be nice to have some system in place, for things like this! Be it current slaves, or to-be slaves!

until a lurking DM sees you. yes. never be complacent. i cast invisibility before the wagon spits me out then expeditious retreat until im 'safely' in the woods

even then im terrified a DM possessed overseer is going to cast TS and nail me at any moment.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »
none of the biskops seem to raise people
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:23:28 PM by herkles »

Geiger

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
Kind of a good thing. They wouldn't raise an infidel. Problematic if you're a Banite (Lawgiver Banite, that is) tho. lol.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:48 PM »
Kind of a good thing. They wouldn't raise an infidel. Problematic if you're a Banite (Lawgiver Banite, that is) tho. lol.

Not a good thing. As atm the main point for hazlan is the dungeons, not having an npc to raise dead is kind of silly to me. Also I am pretty sure that the blaustien Lawgiver raises people

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:26 PM »
Yup, he even raises half elves.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Endlessorrow

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 01:01:51 AM »
The Lawgiver Priests should all raise people of any type. In the Iron tyrants Utopia death is no longer a valid reason for missing work. " Oh ho you lazy slave shirking work because of a little death?  Well we shall just take you to the Biskop and then after he lays the Iron hand of life on you, you shall have a taste of the lash for laying about like this during daylight hours!"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:03:58 AM by Endlessorrow »
Current main characters, Fador Flint and Red Mika.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »
The Lawgiver Priests should all raise people of any type. In the Iron tyrants Utopia death is no longer a valid reason for missing work. " Oh ho you lazy slave shirking work because of a little death?  Well we shall just take you to the Biskop and then after he lays the Iron hand of life on you, you shall have a taste of the lash for laying about like this during daylight hours!"

They should raise anyone but your alignment should shift 1 point towards evil every time you do

:D

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »
I breifly scanned to make sure this had not been posted yet, but in the artisan hall, there's every single craft, Except for Herbalism, I would have just shruged it off and assumed that it's just not practiced in Hazlan, if the merchant was not selling potion bottles and a mortal and pestle, so I went around and checked to make sure the script wasn't on the leather boilers or something, - it wasn't, any chance one can be added?

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
A few  suggestions:

:arrow: the temple ruins: could this be a dungeon. it screams a cool mysterious dungeon
 :arrow: A tavern/Opium and shisha bar; In hazlan opium is smoked in decadent bars over wretchd opium dens of dementlieu and other places.
 :arrow: more merchants, such as a leather merchant and a tailor

But mainly what I would like to see are some more rp areas in the region.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
there is alot of nice and interesting things in hazlan like the basalisk den. and there are many of places to RP in just have to be creative. but another dungen or to would be nice and interesting to see. Otherwise i have alot of fun when i bring people out there and walk the woods. alot of paths that have no trans that could lead to some more things. :)

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
I think it would be great to see some hidden areas in the Itu Skoven woods in Hazlan. I love the feel of that whole forested area, and the animals and monster lingering about, but with all of side canyons and dells, I think a couple of hidden areas may be appropriate. Something that requires a decent search to find? They don't need to be whole dungeons, but even some little single area hideouts would be cool for RP

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »
I think it would be great to see some hidden areas in the Itu Skoven woods in Hazlan. I love the feel of that whole forested area, and the animals and monster lingering about, but with all of side canyons and dells, I think a couple of hidden areas may be appropriate. Something that requires a decent search to find? They don't need to be whole dungeons, but even some little single area hideouts would be cool for RP

Love this idea! I love hideyholes.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »
there is alot of nice and interesting things in hazlan like the basalisk den. and there are many of places to RP in just have to be creative. but another dungen or to would be nice and interesting to see. Otherwise i have alot of fun when i bring people out there and walk the woods. alot of paths that have no trans that could lead to some more things. :)

Well I was refering to locations in Hazlan more for the Mulani side of things. :P having a place for those characters to be and hang out such as some taverns and decedent bohemian opieum dens. The road-sign says we are on the road to Toyalis, which is the capital of Hazlan so there should be some things along the way to see and do. Of course, the Mulani can be oppressive in a different way then barovia but I do think there should be some more places there :)

Oh, yea, I had another idea for the woods which would be an escaped slave and Rashemi hideout.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »
Aren't the bandits escaped slave and Rashemi?  I mean they're hostile and there's no chance for interaction or rp to learn their side, but I was fairly certain those guys were the under dogs.

Thunor

• Outlander
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »
Near the hill in the middle part of the map in Itu Skoven there are invisible barriers that make a character travel around a blank spot to get around it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:46:08 PM by Thunor »

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »
WOOO the invisible walls!!! got to love them lol specially when NPCs are affected by them as well

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Thunor

• Outlander
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »
Near the hill in the middle part of the map in Itu Skoven there are invisible barriers that make a character travel around a blank spot to get around it.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2015, 09:45:14 PM »
I wonder if the village of Forfomax, the forfarian village that is in Hazlan, could be added? Considering just how different they are, and how neat of a place Forfomax is, I am curious.