You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hazlan feedback  (Read 39002 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Hazlan feedback
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
So I explored Hazlan a bit more with my hazlani bardess Zolisa Jadmek. I finally discovered Rumulai, it is neat. Anyways

Suggestions
:arrow: A tattoo parlor in either Rumulai or Nordenvall; kind of feels silly to go to Port for tattooing when it is one of the artistic forms of Hazlan.
:arrow: A working bank. there is a bank in Rumulai but the door is locked. A bank and storage would be great for Hazlan
:arrow: A clothing shop that has crafting dummies, so you don't have to go to Port or Krezk for making clothes.
:arrow: Some rentals in either Rumulai or Nordenvall or both!
:arrow: Crafting stations in Rumulai; it has an herbalist and alchemist station in the Red academy, but no tailoring, leatherworking, smithy or carpentry. It would be great if those existed in Rumulai, especially a carpentry shop that would be nice as you can build some fun things with it. Perfect for your wizard experiments or setting up props for the theater. Also an enchanting station at the red academy; one shouldn't need to go to Dementlieu for this and often red wizards can't use it. a place for evil wizards would be nice
:arrow: For there to be a priest at Rumulai. the route to get there isn't exactly the safe, and also to help clean up mishaps at the academy
:arrow: A theater at Nordenvall; hazlani do love theater.
:arrow: A lawgiver shop that sells religious items, banners, holy symbols, etc; unless there is and I didn't find it.

Bugs
:arrow: In the theater at Rumulai, there are several candelabras but only the ones by the stage are activatable. Shouldn't all the candelabras be activatable?

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
  • The Red Academy of Hazlan
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2021, 12:49:22 PM »

Suggestions
 Also an enchanting station at the red academy; one shouldn't need to go to Dementlieu for this and often red wizards can't use it. a place for evil wizards would be nice

We have one, you just haven't found it yet.

Nazara Xethos - "House Za'am is as contagious as Lycanthropy. Get afflicted."

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2021, 12:49:49 PM »

Suggestions
 Also an enchanting station at the red academy; one shouldn't need to go to Dementlieu for this and often red wizards can't use it. a place for evil wizards would be nice

We have one, you just haven't found it yet.
I thought I heard there wasn't one in there. but still another is nice; I will try and find it another time.

Also another suggestion. In Nordenvall's fane there is a reliquary for various items on display. However these items aren't clickable and thus lack descriptions. I think it would be a neat thing if they could have descriptions for the relics on display.  :D

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »
If you have suggestions for those descriptions send them over to me.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2021, 04:26:22 PM »
So there are dye dummies in Ramulai but it has very few options. can it get the full options for the dummy like in Krezk and Port? Also can the shop owner be their 24/7?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2021, 04:35:08 PM »
So there are dye dummies in Ramulai but it has very few options. can it get the full options for the dummy like in Krezk and Port? Also can the shop owner be their 24/7?

No.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2021, 05:28:48 PM »

No.

No to what, the dye dummies being able to have the full options like Krezk and Port-a-lucine? or the shop seller being there 24/7?  or Both?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2021, 06:00:42 PM »
No to what, the dye dummies being able to have the full options like Krezk and Port-a-lucine? or the shop seller being there 24/7?  or Both?

Both.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2021, 06:10:30 PM »

Both.
I am curious, why? Lack of interest from a dev or another design reason?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2021, 10:07:29 PM »
Question: could there be a bell ringing thing for the Fane, that would ring out across Nordenvall and maybe the fields of Labor. So when the church is doing services or events that other players might know about? Similar to how the refuge of the fifth light and the morninglord chapel in the outskirts has a bell?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2021, 01:04:08 PM »
Question: could there be a bell ringing thing for the Fane, that would ring out across Nordenvall and maybe the fields of Labor. So when the church is doing services or events that other players might know about? Similar to how the refuge of the fifth light and the morninglord chapel in the outskirts has a bell?

Sure, I'll add that near the altar, and one for "visitors" to the Red Academy.

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2023, 10:54:26 AM »

Was about to do some gilding but discovered that the artisan hall in Nordenvall lacks gilding tubs.  Possible to get those added? 

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »

Was about to do some gilding but discovered that the artisan hall in Nordenvall lacks gilding tubs.  Possible to get those added?

Gilding tube coming.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2023, 09:10:36 AM »
New Hazlan lay out is slick, fun to explore and adds a lot to the domain. Great job!

Hummer Guy (Birdman)

• Dark Lord
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2023, 01:50:19 PM »
Concerning the new fire cave / mine / salamanders,

Maybe I missed it but there seems to be no sulfur deposits or seams in these areas which now makes crafting Black Powder impossible. Unless there is another place to get Sulfur.

Areas are all beautiful and well fleshed out! Love the Gnome hamlet's detail, and the Lawgiver shrines and statues.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2023, 01:57:32 PM »
Concerning the new fire cave / mine / salamanders,

Maybe I missed it but there seems to be no sulfur deposits or seams in these areas which now makes crafting Black Powder impossible. Unless there is another place to get Sulfur.

Areas are all beautiful and well fleshed out! Love the Gnome hamlet's detail, and the Lawgiver shrines and statues.

In regards to Sulfur, the fire mines and tunnels have them, but they won't always spawn, but they do spawn there. The old acid mine also should have some, again not always guaranteed.

also thanks.

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2023, 08:59:56 PM »
Sortlid Borg isn't respawning, it has been cleared and been vacant since.

Yet to rustle a party to try our luck, explored it, great detail, cool lore, looks schmick!

CrazedElkPie

• Undead Slayer
  • No shame in weakness, only in its denial.
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2023, 06:41:23 PM »
Can confirm, Borg ain't respawning.
Characters Played:
Ljot Solvor, the Skald

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2023, 06:50:24 PM »
The room with four pillars of light in the Sortild Borg is causing extreme performance issues.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2023, 07:02:53 PM »
Sortlid Borg isn't respawning, it has been cleared and been vacant since.

Yet to rustle a party to try our luck, explored it, great detail, cool lore, looks schmick!

Seems that way. Big empty nothing here for my party when we poked around. Neat environment.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2023, 07:03:27 PM »
The room with four pillars of light in the Sortild Borg is causing extreme performance issues.

The whole party reported the same issue. Might be the cause of the very long loading screen to get in also.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2023, 10:56:42 AM »
I'm getting CTD's around the mountain maps. Sporadically, for the most part. But it is when transitioning into a mountain map, from a forest map... Or the other way around.
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Bounty

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2023, 06:00:27 PM »
Just explored a bit around the new areas with a party.

First off, looks really loevely! You did an exceptional job herkles!

Went to the new curst castle and nothing was spawned. doors/containers were locked but no enemies and no loot.
We tried waiting outside the map for 15 mins so the area reset. But the problem persisted.

Sometimes getting very long loading screens and/or crash on area transition.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2023, 06:18:01 PM »
This and the Gendarmarie problem seem to suggest to me that a hakpak containing neccesary scripts and 2da is conflicting and not being loaded by the NWserver excecutable, FYI.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

Hemolymph

• Undead Slayer
  • Servant of Rennbuu, Lord of Colors
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2023, 02:00:46 AM »
Love how the new Hazlan looks. Great job herkles!

Now here's some problems.

1. Crashed when entering Hazlan - Nordenvall Village - Bazaar. Also my PC spawns looking at the door rather than towards the stalls. There's no NPC traders inside, is that intended?

2. Any chance that the barbers in the tattoo parlor/spa let you change head models if you talk to them? Would be cool.

3. The Gudkaede guards/archers have a square in their description before "God chains".
Spoiler: show
From the crushed wings of rare lepidopterans. 'Painting black, or painting white, this is the stuff that'll see you right.'
Art.mp4