Author Topic: DM Please Help!  (Read 1738 times)

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
DM Please Help!
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
Its a rather long story but recently i have had to completely wipe my computer. After I finished reinstalling everything I started on my games. NWN would not install anymore. A slew of problems blocked my way as I have Vista and very little luck with technical stuff. So in any case. I downloaded a version off of GOG.com which makes it compatible with my computer. My problem now is that I cant access the server anymore as it is blocked to me. I beleive it is from having a different game so basically a different cd key. If there is any dms that can help me out there please please! I have been working on this for three days since the wipe.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: DM Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
did you ask gog.com for a new multiplayer cd key?

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
No it didnt say anything about it. I spoke to a dm friend from a different server. Apparently some servers like ravenloft or Forgotten realms Cormyr have something that locks out players who are trying to access the same account from a different copy of the game. The friend said something about a dm would have to switch something so that I can access my the server and my characters with this version

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
did you ask gog.com for a new multiplayer cd key?

The gog copy of NWN comes with a generic CDKEY that all people who buy from gog get. You have to request a multiplayer CDkey through their website.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »
Alright well request sent. Hopefully this solves the problem. Yeah it kind of freaked me out when I tried to log in and it couldnt connect. The acual message connection error you have been BANNED. But its just my current problem is all. lol. Thanks for your help.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
Alright well request sent. Hopefully this solves the problem. Yeah it kind of freaked me out when I tried to log in and it couldnt connect. The acual message connection error you have been BANNED. But its just my current problem is all. lol. Thanks for your help.

Yep. When you have that generic CD Key that hundreds of people have had, Its pretty obvious it will get banned sooner or later. :P