Author Topic: Red Vardo Trade Ship  (Read 2791 times)

BlackEarth22

• Undead Slayer
Red Vardo Trade Ship
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:11:13 AM »
With the new Hazlan soon to be open, we hatched an idea that could be possible if the development team is willing to do it! The Red Vardo in Dementlieu would like to purchase a cargo ship to transport their goods at the people's convienience. It would make traveling for Vardo traders easier and would get their items to the client faster.       :mrgreen:

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Red Vardo Trade Ship
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:59:58 AM »
[confused]

Hazlan is land-locked. In fact, most places available for travel are. Would you be using the boat for Blaustine/Dementlieu trade?

If you mean a vardo to travel in, only Vistani can control the mist, and players aren't allowed to play full Vistani. Although I do fully endorse us being able to own them, simply because we could call them Vardo vardos.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:41:38 AM »
If you mean a vardo to travel in, only Vistani can control the mist, and players aren't allowed to play full Vistani.

Anyone can travel through the Core, the only exceptions being when a Darklord closes their borders. Vistani mist travel is just faster and (usually) safer.

I have no idea what the OP is about though.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »
If you mean a vardo to travel in, only Vistani can control the mist, and players aren't allowed to play full Vistani.

Anyone can travel through the Core, the only exceptions being when a Darklord closes their borders. Vistani mist travel is just faster and (usually) safer.

I have no idea what the OP is about though.

I know, but look at the distance between locations on the map. If he's asking for instant transport, it's a Vistani thing that they accomplish through the mist. It's why it seems like Port is the same distance away from Barovia as Hazlan, to the Vistani distance is irrelevant. If players were able to freely travel between domains with their own wagons, it would certainly take far more time than Vistani travel. That's what I was getting at.

Bato

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:12 AM »
Hazlan is in walking distance from Barovia.

BlackEarth22

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:25 AM »
Well it would be like a ship to Blaustien except it would go from Dementlieu port to the closest target to Barovia. I was told that Hazlan would be the closest. If not then what would be the closest and would it even be possible?

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »
Well it would be like a ship to Blaustien except it would go from Dementlieu port to the closest target to Barovia. I was told that Hazlan would be the closest. If not then what would be the closest and would it even be possible?

Barovia is almost in the middle of the same continent as Dementlieu. Hazlan is southeast of Barovia, whilst Dementlieu is northwest. So, these domains are in exact opposite directions from Barovia.

I suppose Luna River might be navigable, though, albeit I doubt it's a good idea to sail it through Verbrek in order to get to Hazlan. And in any case, I don't think it would be a beneficial add, taken into account 1) the distance and the IC problems that brings 2) the purpose of having Mist camp as a hub.

Here's a map of the Core.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:41:34 AM by DM Exordium »

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:18 AM »
oh... a ship travel through Vebrek would be awesome, have it stop at a Smuggler port somewhere in Vebrek, constantly under attack by the Wolf God's minions

BlackEarth22

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
Thanks! That map gives me a higher understanding of what's going on. Guess we will have to get RVT's to mainstream the old fashion way.....*gets a pen and paper*

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

As are many, many equally dark places.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson